Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ethiopian fifth freedom flight

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2015, 12:21 pm

Of course I do. The other poster conflated the two terms (national airspace versus FIR) as if they were the same thing.

Last edited by Moderator2; Sep 19, 2015 at 2:36 pm Reason: Snark removed by moderator
Old Sep 14, 2015, 12:40 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by Sabasi
Of course I do.
And yet you ask:
How do you define "Yemeni national airspace" when there is (as of now) no legal demarcation of that airspace?
which strongly suggests it is impossible to define. Do tell how you have overcome this apparently insurmountable problem.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 6:48 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Back to the original subject:
- EU nationals can travel ARN-VIE with their national ID cards - no issues - done this...
- ARN-VIE will be on time as it seats on the ground in ARN the entire day
- I can imagine VIE-ARN may be occasionally delayed, I flew once - the flight was on time, they will not cancel as then they would have no crew to operate the return flight
Old Sep 15, 2015, 5:22 pm

ET 725 during its last 33 flights has arrived in Vienna from Stockholm on time 92 percent of the time, with an average delay of 15 minutes and a maximum of 30 minutes.

ET 725 during its last 30 flights has arrived in Addis Ababa from Vienna on time 82 percent of the time, with an average delay of 20 minutes and a maximum of 43 minutes.

ET 724 during its last 36 flights has arrived in Vienna from Addis Ababa on time 92 percent of the time, with an average delay of 56 minutes and a maximum of 373 minutes.

Last edited by Sabasi; Sep 15, 2015 at 5:27 pm
Old Sep 16, 2015, 2:41 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
ET 725 during its last 33 flights has arrived in Vienna from Stockholm on time 92 percent of the time, with an average delay of 15 minutes and a maximum of 30 minutes.

ET 725 during its last 30 flights has arrived in Addis Ababa from Vienna on time 82 percent of the time, with an average delay of 20 minutes and a maximum of 43 minutes.

ET 724 during its last 36 flights has arrived in Vienna from Addis Ababa on time 92 percent of the time, with an average delay of 56 minutes and a maximum of 373 minutes.
Can you explain these numbers please? What is the definition of 'on time' (ie does a flight have to 'arrive' at or before scheduled arrival time to be 'on time' or is there a window of allowable lateness? And is the average delay calculated from all flights or only those which are not 'on time'? And if the former, do early arrivals get included in the average with an (effective) negative time?

Thanks - just trying to make sense of them.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 8:24 pm

Ask Flightstats. That is where the data comes from. (Expert Flyer uses the same data through a commercial relationship between the two.)

My understanding is that 15 or fewer minutes late = "on time".
Old Sep 18, 2015, 6:07 pm

One-way fares not offered by ET on ET-operated flights (not including airports in Ethiopia):
Bangkok to Manila
Brazzaville to Kinshasa
Brussels to Paris
Cape Town to Gabarone
Cape Town to Johannesburg
Dar es Salaam to Zanzibar
Dublin to Washington, D. C.
Dublin to Toronto
Gabarone to Cape Town
Harare to Lusaka
Johannesburg to Cape Town
Kigali to Entebbe (Kampala)
Kilimanjaro to Mombasa
Kilimanjaro to Zanzibar
Kinshasa to Brazzaville
Lubumbashi to Ndola
Madrid to Rome
Manila to Bangkok
Milan to Rome
Mombasa to Kilimanjaro
Mombasa to Zanzibar
Ndola to Lubumbashi
Paris to Brussels
Rome to Madrid
Rome to Milan
Vienna to Stockholm
Zanzibar to Dar es Salaam
Zanzibar to Kilimanjaro
Zanzibar to Mombasa

One-way fares offered by ET on ET-operated flights (not including airports in Ethiopia):
Abidjan to Cotonou
Abidjan to Lome
Bamako to Dakar
Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur
Blantyre to Lilongwe
Bujumbura to Kigali
Cotonou to Abidjan
Dakar to Bamako
Douala to Malabo
Dublin to Los Angeles
Entebbe (Kampala) to Juba
Entebbe (Kampala) to Kigali
Hong Kong to Seoul
Hong Kong to Tokyo
Juba to Entebbe (Kampala)
Kigali to Bujumbura
Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok
Lilongwe to Blantyre
Lome to Abidjan
Los Angeles to Dublin
Lusaka to Harare
Malabo to Douala
Niamey to Ouagadougou
Ouagadougou to Niamey
Seoul to Hong Kong
Stockholm to Vienna
Tokyo to Hong Kong

Last edited by Sabasi; Oct 24, 2015 at 3:06 am
Old Sep 19, 2015, 12:15 am

One-way fares offered by ET on ET-operated flights (not including airports in Ethiopia):
Blantyre to Lilongwe
Lilongwe to Blantyre
Actually no. The ET operated flight on LLW-BLZ is ET 877 and you cannot buy a domestic ticket on that flight.

ET does sell tickets on the domestic Malawi routes, but only for the flights that are codeshared with and operated by Malawian Airlines. However, Malawian Airlines itself operates using aircraft wetleased from ET (who is the strategic partner and minority owner).
Old Sep 19, 2015, 2:38 am

Actually yes. I said the fares exist. That is a correct statement.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 2:41 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Let's stop with the back and forth arguing and ancillary snark. If there is a disagreement on what is "fact", include objective data that is verifiable, please.

Note some posts have been removed or redacted to keep with FT board rules and community standards.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B
The standard routing used nowadays by ET for Middle East routes through OYSC FIR is IMKAD B400 RIGAM B404 DEMGO and then PAKER ZIZAN OKTOB and onwards into HAAA FIR. That skirts Sanaa and Mogadishu FIR boundary.
I had an aircraft operating to Sanaa yesterday and today from the UAE and we were able to use the following routing to transition the region that includes the new UT702 airway.

IMKAD B400 NODMA UT702 PAKER UB312 EGROV DCT LUBAR UR775 DTI

The Yemenis are getting very strict about DCT routings on the PAKER ZIZAN OKTOB FIR boundary, so the trick is to go into Somalia and request DCT there now to "cut the corner".

Inbound to OYSN, we used PARIM UN303 ORNIS A408 HDH M318 SAA as per Saudi Air Force instructions. They are issuing specific reporting windows for aircraft to enter/exit OYSC FIR at PARIM. I don't believe any other entry points are being approved from HAAA FIR - even traffic to OYAA that would normally use TORBA is being routed via PARIM. G667 over territorial Yemen is also restricted.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
ET is ending LAX in December.
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...-mid-dec-2018/
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan, ShebaMiles, SkyMiles
As in the other post about LAX: ADD-LAX-ADD is no longer showing as cancelled, though no 5th freedom between DUB-LAX. DUB is now a technical stop only.
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...ublin-changes/
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:25 pm

I was booked on the DUB-ADD component of ET505 in Jan. I've been moved onto a new ET713 which operates DUB-MAD-ADD (and it cuts my CPT connection from 2 and a half hours to 70 mins which I'm not overly happy about).

Oddly the website still shows LAX-DUB-ADD as operating, but i seem they won't sell the DUB-ADD leg.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, ShebaMiles, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by danielribo
I was booked on the DUB-ADD component of ET505 in Jan. I've been moved onto a new ET713 which operates DUB-MAD-ADD (and it cuts my CPT connection from 2 and a half hours to 70 mins which I'm not overly happy about).

Oddly the website still shows LAX-DUB-ADD as operating, but i seem they won't sell the DUB-ADD leg.
70 Minutes is more than enough time...
Also, the technical stop (ie. LAX-DUB-ADD / ADD-DUB-LAX) is to refuel. The aircraft will now simply park at a remote stand for refuelling & cleaning, as opposed to going to a gate. The other west-bound flights to North America all make a similar stop there (ADD-DUB-YYZ / ADD-DUB-ORD / ADD-DUB-IAD) with no local rights on any DUB traffic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.