Royal Jordanian Plus - General questions

Old Oct 15, 2015, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
While I agree that this requirement should be mentioned more clearly on their page,I have not seen many "alliance" airlines that don't have the "own metal requirement" for elite status.
It's true - especially after UA changed their qualification requirement last year. I'm with TK now and they don't have any metal requirements.

I should get Gold Plus after my first flight with RJ in February and I read that I need 63k miles + 10 RJ flights to re-qualify? Would the 63k including the Gold bonus miles?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 15, 2015, 4:20 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Yes,63K to maintain within 2 years after getting the status. I am not sure however if 10 sectors have to be flown each year,or 10 sectors over 2 years.

And in regards to your second question,Gold always gets 135% tier miles on RJ flight (no tier bonus on OW flights),regardless of booking class,so in reality you would need about to fly about 47000 miles.

Hope that helps
Old Oct 20, 2015, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes,63K to maintain within 2 years after getting the status. I am not sure however if 10 sectors have to be flown each year,or 10 sectors over 2 years.

And in regards to your second question,Gold always gets 135% tier miles on RJ flight (no tier bonus on OW flights),regardless of booking class,so in reality you would need about to fly about 47000 miles.

Hope that helps
Thanks!

47000 miles is not mission impossible for 2 years, and it's from the moment I qualified as Gold? I'm taking my flight in late Feb. and I'm wondering whether I should activate the status match in March instead so I'll have an extra month to get the miles.

It's slight more tricky as RJ doesn't fly to our hub - CPH. We probably have to somehow get it routed to a RJ hub to fly the long haul segments.

Do you think RJ is better than TK? We have been flying almost exclusively with TK and in Feb I'll have a TK flight then RJ flight.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 5:18 am

nacho

The 2 year collection period will start immidiately after the card upgrade (should be on the next day after the qualifying flight.)

I have not flown TK yet,so can't really comment. I fly about 50 sectors with RJ,almost all of them in Y.I never leave the flight without emotions,they are either amazing (most of the time) or really really bad,it all depends on the staff I supouse.

Will you be flying in J? shorthaul/longhaul?
Old Oct 20, 2015, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

nacho

The 2 year collection period will start immidiately after the card upgrade (should be on the next day after the qualifying flight.)

I have not flown TK yet,so can't really comment. I fly about 50 sectors with RJ,almost all of them in Y.I never leave the flight without emotions,they are either amazing (most of the time) or really really bad,it all depends on the staff I supouse.

Will you be flying in J? shorthaul/longhaul?
No- we only fly Y since we are travelling out of our own pockets and we always travel with our 3 children.

TK - good food, bombastic lounge in IST, great IFE, newish aircraft, amenity kit for long haul flights.

TK crews are not the most service minded in the industry and as long as they don't fly their tray of food on my table then I'm fine with it (they actually do that on SAS).

I requested a status match to RJ and was granted with the condition that it will be activated after I have flown my first segment with them with is HKG to BKK in Feb 2016.

My outbound flight is on Feb 20 and then I'll be flying back on Feb 28. They said I have to notify them after I have flown my first segment, what if I let them know on March 1? Would I get my card starting March 2016 until March 2018? I wouldn't mind an extra month to run.

For TK I qualified in Feb, then they upgraded my card in March so my qualification period is March to March. Wonder if RJ is the same.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 5:54 am

BKK-HKG/CAN has amzaing all-Thai crew and the 787 rostered,so I think you will enjoy it! The only downside is the meal service,as on the picture on the link (+hot/cold drinks)

http://www.hflight.net/forums/upload...1401313098.jpg

As for delaying the "activation", I am not sure if the trick will work,but well worth a try
Old Oct 21, 2015, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BKK-HKG/CAN has amzaing all-Thai crew and the 787 rostered,so I think you will enjoy it! The only downside is the meal service,as on the picture on the link (+hot/cold drinks)

http://www.hflight.net/forums/upload...1401313098.jpg

As for delaying the "activation", I am not sure if the trick will work,but well worth a try
Thai crew?! What about the Jordanian crew?

It seems that they are operated by Thai - because they even use the Royal Orchard lounge at BKK?

I don't know whether I'll do about trying to get a month to requalify. If it doesn't work then I'll loose one lounge access at BKK.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 6:07 am

nacho

I meant Thai-nationals,rather than TG crew

RJ uses the TG lounge in BKK,which is awful,I always skip it and use QF and CX lounges if going to HKG and JL and CX if going to AMM.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

nacho

I meant Thai-nationals,rather than TG crew

RJ uses the TG lounge in BKK,which is awful,I always skip it and use QF and CX lounges if going to HKG and JL and CX if going to AMM.
TK only uses Turkish nationals as crew, will try ist to nrt tomorrow and I am serious doubt that they have Japanese crew.

TG loung in BKK is aweful? I thought it's their flagship lounge. I still haven't been to one that beats TK's IST lounge.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 4:31 am

TK only uses Turkish nationals as crew,
Well,a signifficant proportion of RJ crew are non-Jordanians (ie:Europeans/Asians),but BKK-HKG/CAN is all Thai,with the exception of cockpit crew and the cabin manager.

As for the TG lounge...I was expecting very high standarts at their home base,but was very dissapointed. Don't waste time for it,go straight to CX/QF,these are much better.

I still haven't been to one that beats TK's IST lounge.
I use CX The Wing/Pier First class in HKG and they are the best out of the ones I have ever been at.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well,a signifficant proportion of RJ crew are non-Jordanians (ie:Europeans/Asians),but BKK-HKG/CAN is all Thai,with the exception of cockpit crew and the cabin manager.

As for the TG lounge...I was expecting very high standarts at their home base,but was very dissapointed. Don't waste time for it,go straight to CX/QF,these are much better.

I use CX The Wing/Pier First class in HKG and they are the best out of the ones I have ever been at.
That's interesting - I thought RJ would use their own nationals as crew. I guess it's cheaper to hire Thai than Jordanian.

Once I flew Thai - I saw the crew had their own food and it smelled a thousand times better than my tray I was too embarrassed to ask what it was.

I used the Wing C class lounge as OW S and it looked great but the food was so so (it looks a thousand times better than it tastes). It seems like a typical problem in Hong Kong that they makes things look very nice but they seem to ignore the taste of the food. The worst was that they even put the prewrapped sandwiches and fruit cup that you get as snack onboard in the lounge too

The food at IST was amazing - the food suits our taste, plain, tasty and simple.

It's a shame that the HKG-BKK route doesn't serve real RJ food - I really want to try real RJ inflight catering.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 6:13 am

I used the Wing C class lounge as OW S and it looked great but the food was so so (it looks a thousand times better than it tastes). It seems like a typical problem in Hong Kong that they makes things look very nice but they seem to ignore the taste of the food. The worst was that they even put the prewrapped sandwiches and fruit cup that you get as snack onboard in the lounge too

The food at IST was amazing - the food suits our taste, plain, tasty and simple.

It's a shame that the HKG-BKK route doesn't serve real RJ food - I really want to try real RJ inflight catering.
I am usually too full after the meal in CX F lounge (which is amazing) lounges to care about the meal on HKG-BKK sector

Last edited by Rami Tamimi; Oct 22, 2015 at 6:20 am
Old May 28, 2016, 12:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Does anyone know why RJ stopped the route Kiev - AMM?
Old May 28, 2016, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by benberg2013
Does anyone know why RJ stopped the route Kiev - AMM?
Yields were too low,KBP was initially operated by E195,but there was very low demand for J class,so they started to sub the E195 with the Royal Wings (charter subsidary)'s one and only A320 with old seats and full-Y configuration,but that was not too sustainable.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
Thai crew?! What about the Jordanian crew?

It seems that they are operated by Thai - because they even use the Royal Orchard lounge at BKK?

I don't know whether I'll do about trying to get a month to requalify. If it doesn't work then I'll loose one lounge access at BKK.
I would like to ask anyone who has flown the flight BKK-HKG or vice versa before. How many tier miles can you earn on this route each way?
Because I was surprised by the mileage calculator on the rj.com.
According to that calculator, you may earn 8,400 tier miles each way while an one-way trip from HKB-AMM-LHR could only earn you 3,375 if you are a Platinum member. Could that be a glitch or an error?
Attached Images   

Last edited by davidtai; Jun 9, 2016 at 8:34 pm Reason: adding images

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.