Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thoughts on Royal Air Maroc from JFK?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ, EK, UA
Question Thoughts on Royal Air Maroc from JFK?

Thinking of flying Royal Air Maroc on the JFK-CMN route in a few months, on their new 787 (whose inaugural flight was today, incidentally).

Has anyone flown this route, and if so, what were your thoughts? Most of the feedback I've seen is mediocre, but I'm hoping the new plane might improve the journey a bit. I'd also be flying this for the convenience of the nonstop from JFK.

Any insight / feedback would be appreciated!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by jetsetter13
Thinking of flying Royal Air Maroc on the JFK-CMN route in a few months, on their new 787 (whose inaugural flight was today, incidentally).

Has anyone flown this route, and if so, what were your thoughts? Most of the feedback I've seen is mediocre, but I'm hoping the new plane might improve the journey a bit. I'd also be flying this for the convenience of the nonstop from JFK.

Any insight / feedback would be appreciated!
Took this flight twice last month, albeit in their old 767-300 and not 787. Service is decent to good, food has been pretty good (better out of CMN). Not much in the way of amenities although a kit is given out (most times). IFE is limited so bring your iPad. The biggest issue is the hard product- believe they have 3 767s and believe 2 of them (maybe just 1) has a very old recliner type product that doesn't go flat, so it's very difficult to get quality sleep for more than 30-45min at a time. 787 will be fully flat so that's a non-issue on JFK route anymore.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Any recent news, they have some very good one-way fares in J, JFK-CMN-CDG for $1,250 and they show new flat bed seating. Any thoughts, on RAM in 2016: Food, service, comfort, etc.?
Old May 7, 2016, 5:50 am

I fly the JFK to CMN route a lot. It's a decent 787. Biz is fully flat, coach is comfortable. The IFE has only few selections but some of the new movies. Service is generally good but nothing special. The food is just average. CMN has improved a lot as an airport over the last year for transiting. They have more restaurants (include in a PAUL bakery) and free wifi. Very quickly went from one of the worst airports to a solid one. Duty free is still oddly and outrageously expensive.
Old May 10, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, AS MVP Gold, HH Gold, IHG Gold
Here is a detailed review in Business Class on their 787 that may be handy:
http://flight-report.com/en/report/9...Casablanca_CMN
Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:33 pm

air maroc

whats there bussiness class like? whats the most luxurious way to go from jfk to casablanca?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Leadership
Here is a detailed review in Business Class on their 787 that may be handy:
http://flight-report.com/en/report/9...Casablanca_CMN
can you please repost flight report it does not open
Old Jan 3, 2017, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by martino
whats there bussiness class like? whats the most luxurious way to go from jfk to casablanca?
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2016/08/10/ram-business-class-787-review/

Have not flown them, but here is the review from One Mile At A Time
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Good to hear some feedback on this route. My wife's work has her on this route in just a few days. I hope it's a decent ride in economy.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:41 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SamirD
Good to hear some feedback on this route. My wife's work has her on this route in just a few days. I hope it's a decent ride in economy.
Yeah I am wondering how this will be. I have a flight with them JFK-CMN in a few weeks in Y. If you could post her impressions I would appreciate it. I'll make sure I come back to this thread and add mine after I try it.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:32 am

She'll be returning by the 28th, so just bump this thread if I don't post her impressions by the 29th.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
She'll be returning by the 28th, so just bump this thread if I don't post her impressions by the 29th.
Bumping this up.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:48 pm

Thank you for the bump!

Okay, so she said plane was nice and new, but crew was the standard 'government airline' type of crew. Didn't really care because it was a government job.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:17 pm

Good to read this thread. If anyone has any advice, reviews, or data points on upgrading from economy for this route, I'd appreciate it! I'm interested in doing so on an upcoming trip. Thanks!
Old Feb 10, 2017, 8:21 am

Thank you for the bump!

Okay, so she said plane was nice and new, but crew was the standard 'government airline' type of crew. Didn't really care because it was a government job.
Sounds good enough. I am going at the end of the month. I will be sure to update this thread with a first hand report.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.