Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RJ Service

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2014, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

RJ Service

Just returned from my first trip on RJ, TLV-AMM-DXB. The planes were clean and the food was good, but RJ employees seem to have been trained at the Soviet school of hospitality. No one was rude, but no one was particularly friendly either. AMM-DXB there was one woman doing all the work in J, while a few others were hidden behind the curtain. The dinner tray came with wine and water glasses, but no one ever came with anything to put in them. Had to ask for water four times before I actually got it.

Staff at AMM were not friendly either and the Crown Lounge was the worst of all. And of course they charge $15 for using the shower.

Very surprising for a regional known for its hospitality.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Was there any meal service on TLV-AMM leg?
Old Feb 6, 2014, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

None. There were pre-departure drinks, but that was all.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 6:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Silver, Club Carlson Gold
I have to agree just returned from LHR-BKK return via AMM and although not dreadful the service was mediocre. Same issue with getting a glass of water or wine on all legs, in the end I asked for bottles of water.

The lounge in AMM is mediocre and $15 for a shower is bad enough but the showers are inadequate with a trickle of water...

Oh and no sign of any miles or tier points yet, I suppose you get what you pay for!
Old Feb 11, 2014, 5:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Merc20
I have to agree just returned from LHR-BKK return via AMM and although not dreadful the service was mediocre. Same issue with getting a glass of water or wine on all legs, in the end I asked for bottles of water.

The lounge in AMM is mediocre and $15 for a shower is bad enough but the showers are inadequate with a trickle of water...

Oh and no sign of any miles or tier points yet, I suppose you get what you pay for!
Getting BA miles & TP seems to be a real problem on RJ. Am still waiting for credit from November flights. Every time I chase BA they say they are waiting for RJ.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 9:23 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, UA Platinum, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Agree with the points made above on service. Recently flew HKG-AMM-TLV in J. The service was not bad, just nothing special. Although given the J fare was nearly half that of other airlines I could live with it. Flights were on-time and no luggage issues.

I found the lounge in AMM not THAT bad...still much better than domestic lounges in the USA. I think many of us are spoiled by SQ/CX/EK

For the question about meal service TLV-AMM...its a 20 minute flight so no time for anything.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 4:30 am

Programs: QR Gold/Gulf Air Gold/UA Gold
Originally Posted by trebex
Just returned from my first trip on RJ, TLV-AMM-DXB. The planes were clean and the food was good, but RJ employees seem to have been trained at the Soviet school of hospitality. No one was rude, but no one was particularly friendly either. AMM-DXB there was one woman doing all the work in J, while a few others were hidden behind the curtain. The dinner tray came with wine and water glasses, but no one ever came with anything to put in them. Had to ask for water four times before I actually got it.

Staff at AMM were not friendly either and the Crown Lounge was the worst of all. And of course they charge $15 for using the shower.

Very surprising for a regional known for its hospitality.
Totally agree on the not necessarily good service or polite attitude. Generally they are ok, especially when you compare to the other second tier regional carriers.

I still remember one flight where I was settled in my seat in economy and one of these guys in a sport coat with a sweater (they all seem to dress this way) came on the plane and called to me to come to him. He asked for my boarding pass and I gave it to him and he was writing something. He then asked me where my carry on stuff was and asked me to get it. I was extremely confused by this but did as requested. He then handed me back my boarding pass where he had handwritten my new seat number, 1d... The guy upgraded me as a courtesy but I couldn't even appreciate it or thank him since I had no clue what he was doing or done until he was gone due to his cold demeanour.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 4:33 am

Programs: QR Gold/Gulf Air Gold/UA Gold
BTW the lounge has been updated, and I assume once the new airport (or part of the airport) opens there will be an even newer lounge. They have been working on the airport expansion/renovation for some years now.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:41 am

Was there today,the only thing is that the sandwiches are now served on the other side of the lounge,is that what you meant?

As for expansion,it will only include opening some new gates,to replace the Remote Boarding Lounge (Gate 116).All flights (except AQJ) will be handled by jet bridges.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Last year we had priority boarding for Crown at CDG but had to ask for it.
At Amm,it was a separate bus for crown and at SSH,has this treatment changed?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:43 pm

No,priority boarding is still in place,it starts before the general boarding,and once the latter started you can come to the counter and ask to be let through.If boarding is via gate 116 (bus),or gate 1 (AQJ) then just ask "is there a business bus?",and they will direct you there.

With the outstations,it is a bit more complicated,it is offered at LHR,BKK,and HKG for sure,but is not at DME,or AQJ,dont know about the rest.

Yes,and by the way priority boarding is also available for Ruby/Sapphire/Emerland members,along with business class passengers.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 3:09 pm

Cheers for that.

Any idea when check in for the AMM flight opens at CDG lately?
Last time,it shared Emirates space and didn't open until the Emirates desk closed,had its materials ,ropes etc dismantled and the RJ stuff put in,which took an age.
We would be there early you see and iirc there is no luggage store in the area.
There is no OLCI.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 3:40 pm

Earthman

Sorry,I dont know about the check in times at CDG,but at all other outstations it opens 3 hours before the flight (except AQJ).When did it open last the last time you travelled?

PS Looking forward for a trip report from you,and do let me know if I can help you with anything else
Old Apr 27, 2014, 2:57 am

Cool will do!
Yests it was about 2 and a half hours the last time as we had to wait for them to change everything from Emirates to RJ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.