Go Back   > > >

Old Jan 1, 15, 6:01 pm   #16

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG PLT, TK Gold, M&M S, BA Silver, Hyatt Dia
hi Raj

Don't know where you are from but this may give an insight

http://www.themadtraveleronline.com/...dan-to-israel/

NB I do believe that the new Visa fee is 40JD
ExpatSomchai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 16, 2:44 pm   #17

Programs: BA - Lifetime Gold, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond HHonors; Hyatt Discoverist
Is there anywhere I can see details of the T&Cs and arrangements that apply for the free transit hotel at AMM or any recent experiences?

I am looking at a 7 hour stop over (5am to noon) and the ability to have a sleep and wash would be great.

Thank you.
TravellerFrequently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 16, 11:14 pm   #18

Programs: RJ Emerald
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently View Post
Is there anywhere I can see details of the T&Cs and arrangements that apply for the free transit hotel at AMM or any recent experiences?

I am looking at a 7 hour stop over (5am to noon) and the ability to have a sleep and wash would be great.

Thank you.
Technically your stop over should be >8 hours,but I beleive they should be more flexible to OWEs,if there is availability.

I would suggest you email them at ibesupport@rj.com with your booking ref and ask them if you can get a room.

Failing that,the lounge has a "dark room" with a few day beds (ever been at the IB MAD lounge? Same idea). They is no curtain between them,but I have never seen anyone there.Alternatively there are a few semi-private TV rooms
separated by walls (except behind ). Personally I find them to be the most comfortable place to lounge. There is a table and power socket to plug in.

http://www.thewholeworldisaplaygroun...ge-Amman-3.jpg

PS:BKK flights tend to arrive much earlier than ETA,I have occasionally arrived upto an hour ahead of schedule. So this might push you over the 8 hours threshold.

Hope that helps
Rami
Rami Tamimi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 16, 7:20 am   #19

Programs: BA - Lifetime Gold, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond HHonors; Hyatt Discoverist
Rami many thanks for your very helpful response.

I will certainly contact the airport if we go to HKG and want to use RJ.
Old Feb 8, 16, 7:29 am   #20

Quote:
Rami many thanks for your very helpful response.

I will certainly contact the airport if we go to HKG and want to use RJ.
No problem,do let me know if you have any questions re:RJ,as I don't think there is much info about RJ on here.
Old Feb 10, 16, 11:36 pm   #21

Rami, as you wrote, the minimum stopover period to qualify for complimentary accommodation is 8 hours, which was confirmed when I wrote to the email address you kindly provided. I did include my BA Gold status.

I have used the Crown Lounge at AMM on several occasions, and while it is comfortable and I have seen the rest area you mention, I am not sure that I want to spend 7 hours there if I arrive and they do not provide the hotel arrangement.

Is it possible to book and pay in advance to guarantee a room?

Thank you.
Old Feb 11, 16, 1:34 am   #22

Quote:
Rami, as you wrote, the minimum stopover period to qualify for complimentary accommodation is 8 hours, which was confirmed when I wrote to the email address you kindly provided. I did include my BA Gold status.

I have used the Crown Lounge at AMM on several occasions, and while it is comfortable and I have seen the rest area you mention, I am not sure that I want to spend 7 hours there if I arrive and they do not provide the hotel arrangement.

Is it possible to book and pay in advance to guarantee a room?

Thank you.
Yes,it is possible to pay for the hotel,it should be in the region of 150USD according to their website http://ammanairporthotel.com .You then technically have to pay the 40JD/56USD visa charge. (If RJ provides you the hotel,then you don't pay for the visa,as you can not leave (okay,should not leave) the hotel. They also advertise the free meet&greet service,as long as you provide them your flight number/date etc,which includes transportation to/from the hotel. Coming back to the airport,ask them to drop you off at Entrance 1,where the Crown check in lounge and fast track security/immigration are located.You should have the BP issued at BKK,but ask the check in folks in that lounge to stamp your BP with "FL" stamp (for fast track immigration/security).

Hotel-airside RJ lounge should not take more than 10 minutes.Same for arrivals,in my experience 80-90% of BKK flight pax head straight to flight connections,so even when I am the last one off the aircraft I still find an empty immigration hall.So from timing/convinience perspective it's a very good option,but I would not personally pay 200USD for a few hours of sleep.

My advice would be to find one of those hotel booking websites that allows free cancellations (or pay at the hotel options) and use it in case RJ don't provide you a room.As a BA regular you probably know that the airport staff have much more discretion than the call centre/email desk staff,so considering you are Emerald on HKG-LHR (I assume?) itienary they would probably give you a room.Ofcourse you might encounter an indiffirent agent who will not give you a room even if your stop is 7:55,with RJ you never know for sure.
Old Feb 11, 16, 3:19 pm   #23

Thanks again Rami.

To avoid the risk of not getting a hotel room, I think I will probably book with AY rather than RJ.

It is a shame as I quite enjoyed my 787 RJ flight last year back from AMM (the A330 to AMM flight was not great - seat or service) and the RJ fare is cheaper and more tier points than AY.

It is a shame that RJ's flights are not always that convenient for transfers.

Thanks again for your assistance.
Old Feb 12, 16, 12:06 am   #24

Quote:
Thanks again Rami.

To avoid the risk of not getting a hotel room, I think I will probably book with AY rather than RJ.

It is a shame as I quite enjoyed my 787 RJ flight last year back from AMM (the A330 to AMM flight was not great - seat or service) and the RJ fare is cheaper and more tier points than AY.

It is a shame that RJ's flights are not always that convenient for transfers.

Thanks again for your assistance.
No problem.AY offers much more frequencies and even a chance of A350 from what I hear.

Re:A330. Can't wait to see them retired at the end of this year.
Old Feb 15, 16, 11:53 pm   #25

Programs: GF Black; QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald. Marriott/SPG Silver; Hyatt Discoverist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi View Post
No problem.AY offers much more frequencies and even a chance of A350 from what I hear.

Re:A330. Can't wait to see them retired at the end of this year.
Hi Rami
How many A330's are left in fleet? Any more 787's coming?
CJ
Cedar Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 16, 11:53 pm   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet View Post
Hi Rami
How many A330's are left in fleet? Any more 787's coming?
CJ
2xA332,mainly deployed on intra-ME flights,unless a 787 has gone technical (as is the case now) and it is subbed by 332 on BKK/LHR.

I beleive between 1 and 3 787s are coming this year end,to replace the 332s.
Old Feb 17, 16, 7:19 pm   #27

Programs: GF Black; QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald. Marriott/SPG Silver; Hyatt Discoverist.
Quote:
2xA332,mainly deployed on intra-ME flights,unless a 787 has gone technical (as is the case now) and it is subbed by 332 on BKK/LHR.

I beleive between 1 and 3 787s are coming this year end,to replace the 332s.
Great news..thanks.
Cedar Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 16, 9:01 pm   #28

Programs: AA LT Plat 2.9 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Learning a lot on this forum and this thread. Booked an AA award on RJ in Business. Partner is OWE.. TlV to Amm Arriving just after midnight in amm and on to dxb at 430 pm later in the day. Would I get the transfer and free night at the hotel? There is an earlier flight to dxb which is just shy of 8 hours but we wanted the morning in Amman..
worldiswide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 16, 9:40 pm   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldiswide View Post
Learning a lot on this forum and this thread. Booked an AA award on RJ in Business. Partner is OWE.. TlV to Amm Arriving just after midnight in amm and on to dxb at 430 pm later in the day. Would I get the transfer and free night at the hotel? There is an earlier flight to dxb which is just shy of 8 hours but we wanted the morning in Amman..
Yes,since your transit is >8 hours.

The presence of an earlier flight does not matter,it's not QR.

PS:You won't technically be able to leave the hotel,as your free visa only allows you to be at the hotel.
Old Jan 17, 17, 1:46 am   #30

Quote:
Failing that,the lounge has a "dark room" with a few day beds (ever been at the IB MAD lounge? Same idea). They is no curtain between them,but I have never seen anyone there.Alternatively there are a few semi-private TV rooms
separated by walls (except behind ). Personally I find them to be the most comfortable place to lounge. There is a table and power socket to plug in.

http://www.thewholeworldisaplaygroun...ge-Amman-3.jpg
Flying back on BA yesterday from AMM, I noticed that the rest area near reception is now a Men's prayer area. The old prayer room appears to be in use too.

I did notice some recliners in an open bright area towards the end of lounge on the same side. I did see a few people stretched out on leather sofas nearby.