Wiki Posts
Search

Yemenia 747 at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2012, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, BA, SQ, SPG, HH, Marriott, Hyatt Gold, Amex MM
Yemenia 747 at LAX

I just flew out of LAX a few hours ago, and there was a Yemenia 747 parked across the tarmac where the Fedex planes park. Any idea what it was doing at LAX?
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:50 am

I Saw It Also

and was wondering the same thing.....
you may have noticed the UAE royal family's private 747-300 parked right next to it..... I understand that members of the UAE royal family come over from time to time to go shopping or for special medical treatment....
Old Feb 21, 2012, 3:09 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
President of Yemen is in U.S. for "medical treatment" while they have one-candidate election to nominate his successor.

I saw it at CDG yesterday.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:21 pm

Programs: EXPLT
I am a huge B747SP afficionado and enjoy to learn that these babies are still plying the skies .. although it seems that most SP's now are used for gov't use, I do believe that Iran Air still uses them ... I see them alot at NRT...but this Yemini SP was indeed a rare gem to the US I believe. Fm the pix I have seen, it looks real sharp as well. Certainly glad to read that you wrote this post about it.

After LAX, it went to Boston, then non-stop to Addis Ababa (ICAO callsign was IYE7000 to the US, then IYE7001 to Africa) ..registration is 7OYMN.

Truly magnificient to see these beauties

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.