Wiki Posts
Search

Precision Air Booking

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA General
Question Precision Air Booking

We are traveling to Tanzania this Dec and I am trying to figure out a cost effective way to get our domestic flights and it looks like Precision Air is the cheapest one.

We need flights in this order:
DAR - JRO
JRO - ZNZ
ZNZ - DAR

Ideally, this would be best booked as a roundtrip as DAR - JRO with a stopover in ZNZ. However, when I priced out the roundtrip and looked up the fare rules on their website, it says "no stopover permitted". I am not familiar with this airline (or their website) so I am not sure how I get a roundtrip with stopover permitted. Can anyone point me to the right direction? Booking them as three one-way flights is expensive so I prefer not to do that.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 3:03 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Originally Posted by dreamfool
We need flights in this order:
DAR - JRO
JRO - ZNZ
ZNZ - DAR

Ideally, this would be best booked as a roundtrip as DAR - JRO with a stopover in ZNZ. However, when I priced out the roundtrip and looked up the fare rules on their website, it says "no stopover permitted".
Indeed, some of PW's cheaper fares seem not to allow stopovers. However, there appears to be a MSPE3MRT fare for DAR-JRO return for $270 (plus taxes/charges), which:
a) allows routing DAR-ZNZ-JRO (or vice versa on the return, which is what you would want)
b) allows 1 free stopover in each direction (ie: in ZNZ on the return, in your case).

However, I am not sure how this would compare price-wise to 3 one-ways in the cheapest booking class.

The main problem seems to be that the PW website does not allow booking of multi-city itineraries - only returns or one-ways. You may be best off phoning them.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA General
Originally Posted by KQ321
Indeed, some of PW's cheaper fares seem not to allow stopovers. However, there appears to be a MSPE3MRT fare for DAR-JRO return for $270 (plus taxes/charges), which:
a) allows routing DAR-ZNZ-JRO (or vice versa on the return, which is what you would want)
b) allows 1 free stopover in each direction (ie: in ZNZ on the return, in your case).

However, I am not sure how this would compare price-wise to 3 one-ways in the cheapest booking class.

The main problem seems to be that the PW website does not allow booking of multi-city itineraries - only returns or one-ways. You may be best off phoning them.
Thank you, KQ321! I will explore these options and hope to get what we want at a good price.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 1:47 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Any update on this? I am also looking for a possibility to buy similar itinerary.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:44 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
You should get in touch with a travel agent in Tanzania. It is possible it is cheaper to fly Air Excel, Coastal or another carrier to Arusha (not Kilimanjaro airport, but Arusha, which is an experience but not in any way a bad one) from DAR. I know Coastal flies ZNZ-DAR and I think Air Excel and Coastal compete on Arusha-ZNZ...definitely check with a travel agent since many of the airlines there are only bookable through a travel agent or tour company.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 4:42 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
I bought ticket from vayama.com. I already used the tickets, no issues with tickets themselves.

Most of the carriers within Tanzania do not allow suitcases, only soft bags. The key was to fly something that can transport 20kg suitcase for each of us.

Last edited by dabee69; Feb 20, 2012 at 5:38 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.