Paid lounge in Johannesburg?

Subscribe
I'm flying economy from Boston to Durban. It's a bit of a last minute flight to see family after my grandfather died on Saturday, and my aunt is terminally ill. But I do get to see my little nephew for the first time... yay!

Flying economy (R class, I think... whatever is the cheapest ) and arrive in Johannesburg at 10pm, and leaving for Durban at 7am. Normally family would pick me up for the overnight, but it's a surprise and my brother in Durban is the only one who knows I'm going.

I've been poring over all the info I could find for the last hour, and the only lounge info I could find is at international departures.

Is there any lounge landside or domestic departures airside that I could pay to use? Not looking forward to sleeping in the airport all night after that incredibly long AMS-JNB sector

TIA!
Why don't you book a room at an airport hotel? Will be more comfortable and safer than what you are suggesting.

The Intercontinental is expensive but there are some other options.
Thanks for the suggestion. Since I only have 8-ish hours between landing and take-off, it's probably not worth going to a hotel, especially since I know that you have to get your checked luggage at Joburg and check it in again for the DUR sector. I'm not concerned about safety issues - grew up in SA and traveling very lightly.

Come to think of it, I would just get my cousin to pick me up and stay with them overnight. Not a huge deal, if I was going to leave the airport (and she wouldn't tell my mom! LOL!) But I really don't see how it would be worth it since by the time I've landed at 10pm-ish, gotten through immigration, gotten my bag... we're looking at midnight. And then have to be back for departure at 7am, so back by 6am-ish.

If I can't find somewhere to wait comfortably, I'll just go through security to dom. airside. But it sure would be nice to find a lounge And I'd love to purchase a pass before I leave!
So you are looking for a lounge that is open 24 hours? Don't think so!
Just discovered that there actually is a 24 hr lounge in the international terminal. Going to email the contact. Can't hurt to try!
Realistically you are going to have to leave the airport. You will not have access to international departure where all the lounges are, and the only lounge in arrivals is SAA which closes at noon (and you have to be a gold/plat or business passenger).

Domestic terminal is pretty much shut down between 10pm and 5am

What flight are you coming in on that lands so late? JFK gets in at 7am and IAD is here by 5pm if memory serves me correct.

Sorry for your loss
It's KLM from Boston.

Yip, I think I'm going to get my cousin to come and get me. Even if I don't go to sleep I can have a shower and hot coffee in comfort.

Thank you for your condolences.
Why wreck several people's sleep that night when you can stroll over to the City Lodge? Granted it's not a steal at just over ZAR1100. But it's very fit for purpose and maybe you could negotiate a cheaper rate given your hours?