Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

SAA Baggage allowance for Domestic leg on partner int'l Biz award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2012, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

So I have a flight from the states to PLZ (South Africa) via LHR and CPT. I am flying VS UC from States to CPT and overnight in CPT then onward on a small 1 class SAA plane.

My question is, does anybody have any experience with the SAA regarding baggage? I imagine I should be fine if I go by VS’s rule, but if memory serves me correctly they initially tried to charge me last time I flew through JNB. I just politely raised the flag that this was an international itinerary, and they “waive” the fee. But that was when my onward flight was the same day. This time I fly out the next day (still on the same reservation and ticket).
Old Feb 2, 2012, 1:06 am

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
If the SAA flight is on the same ticket as the VS flight, then you go with VS's baggage rules.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: QRPC Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHg Diamond Amb, Sixt Diamond, Avis Pres, AmexCenturion
Originally Posted by encierro98
then onward on a small 1 class SAA plane..
Does SAA operate any one class planes? Probably a SAX or Airlink im guessing?
Old Feb 3, 2012, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Departing:13 March 2012, 06:30 Cape Town
Arriving:13 March 2012, 07:40 Port Elizabeth Airport
Aircraft:CR7
Operated by:South African Express Airways (XZ)

On SAA website it says operated by South African Express Airways, I presume that is SAX.

Anyway I meant I will be checking in at the SAA counter and presume their flight number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.