Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

Lost baggage by Royal Jordanian Airlines, no communication, no refund! Advice needed!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lost baggage by Royal Jordanian Airlines, no communication, no refund! Advice needed!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2012, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Dear all,
In December my family and I traveled to Sri Lanka from Bulgaria with a Royal Jordanian flight that changed in Istanbul. When we arrived in Sri Lanka my baggage was missing and so I reported it right away at the airport hoping they will find it quickly. However, it has already been more than a month and I have had no reply, no response to my numerous emails and attempts to contact them. My bags are obviously gone but they are avoiding me and my demands for refund. I sent a letter as I was in Sri Lanka, then again when I came back home, Then, because there is no office of their airline in Bulgaria I asked a friend of mine living in Doha to try and get hold of them in person. She did, and they told her a completely different story - that my bag has been reclaimed already by someone in Sri Lanka. Calling their Istanbul office said the opposite - that it hasn't been found. As far as I know they have around 20 days to do their search and then they must refund me. But there is no response. I even wrote on their facebook wall and my messages only got deleted while some guy wrote me on a personal message to be patient and that they will write to me on the next morning (which they did not). Please help, I don't know how to proceed!
Old Feb 3, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by Svetlana
Dear all,
In December my family and I traveled to Sri Lanka from Bulgaria with a Royal Jordanian flight that changed in Istanbul. When we arrived in Sri Lanka my baggage was missing and so I reported it right away at the airport hoping they will find it quickly. However, it has already been more than a month and I have had no reply, no response to my numerous emails and attempts to contact them. My bags are obviously gone but they are avoiding me and my demands for refund. I sent a letter as I was in Sri Lanka, then again when I came back home, Then, because there is no office of their airline in Bulgaria I asked a friend of mine living in Doha to try and get hold of them in person. She did, and they told her a completely different story - that my bag has been reclaimed already by someone in Sri Lanka. Calling their Istanbul office said the opposite - that it hasn't been found. As far as I know they have around 20 days to do their search and then they must refund me. But there is no response. I even wrote on their facebook wall and my messages only got deleted while some guy wrote me on a personal message to be patient and that they will write to me on the next morning (which they did not). Please help, I don't know how to proceed!

I dont know where you are from, but im guessing NOT from the United States or Canada......If you did charge your flight to a credit card, you could look into baggage compensation benefits.......if NOT, then you are at the mercy of Royal J. Granted, it sucks to wait like this...but I bet they really are tracking it and trying to find it....the region(s) that you went to have somewhat a degree of wrongdoing when it comes to sticking by the rules, so it may be true that someone claimed your bag as theirs, simply to just get their hands on it. I could be wrong.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 8:20 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Svetlana, welcome to FlyerTalk! Please follow the thread as it moves to the airline forum in which Royal Jordanian is discussed. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.