Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oman Air Biz Class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
I hadn't flown WY for two or three years. I took advantage of a very low business fare from MUC to BKK and have just returned.

Advice - don't bother, even if the fare is half that of other airlines.

The new seats are far too narrow for anyone of more than average size. The walkways to the window seats are too narrow and I found it very very difficult to get in and out of the seat area. Once in the seat, it is very narrow and uncomfortable at shoulder level. Any movement of your hands and arms will probably activate the IFE controller and the seat controls. There ius very little storage space and the "shelf" is too narrow to hold the glasses they serve drinks in!

I tried one of the aisle seats and it was even narrower than the window seat.

Service ranged from good to barely acceptable - no change from my previous flights. Food was OK but lagging behingd its ME3 competitors.

The terminal at Muscat is terrible. It is like a zoo and the ground staff seem to struggle to cope with boarding of the buses. Perhaps things will change with the new terminal but I'm not expecting any dramatic improvement.

I require a wheelchair to get around airports and the way WY treat PRMs is nothing short of a disgrace. They are herded into a "pen" and left without any updates on boarding times, even after the final call has been broadcast on the public announcement system.

I am sorry I strayed from Qatar, who are not perfect but miles better than WY.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:20 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by BobBHX
Advice - don't bother, even if the fare is half that of other airlines.
While I am not the fan of the new configuration, I'd definitely consider it if it's half off, please don't tell me you prefer the cramp Y seating in 777s with ME3 over WY's J.

Oman Air 50% off sales, between Dec 4th - 10th.

http://secure.campaigner.com/csb/Pub...b4djk-4wj5d3u8

Travel between Jan - Sept 2017, I tested open jaw and it seems to work, Dubai - Guangzhou/Bangkok/Kuala Lumpur for $930 USD, Cairo - Guangzhou/Bangkok/Kuala Lumpur for $600 USD. There are many more value deals, please search further.

In addition, WY is offering 20% discount on purchasing (Sindbad) award miles, offer good until Dec 31st, 2016.

https://sindbad.omanair.com/en/your-...-you-buy-miles

Last edited by vincewy; Dec 4, 2016 at 10:24 am
Old Jan 8, 2017, 9:04 pm
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
I just flew WY long-haul business class and was disappointed to have the new seats on all 4 flights (3 out of 4 flights had equipment changes).
It still is a nice seat, same/similar to ANA or Asiana and very comfortable if you are tall and slim. The new IFE is great, loved the controller, nice screen. The window seats are very private, the aisle seats are also private, more so than on other airlines due to the shell around the head. I agree the entrance to window seat is narrow and the foot rest is smaller than in aisle seats.
The service was from very good to acceptable onboard. Food was ok, similar to others , but nothing special. Transfer at Muscat was horrific: all flights are stair/bus, no jet bridges. While there was a separate bus for business class on arrival, making it quick and comfortable, the boarding was a zoo with a free-for-all rush to the door by 300+ passengers, cramming on the bus and everybody boarding via one staircase. The line at transfer check/security were short one time and complete chaos the other. The lounge is nice, but too small and the (1) shower is a disgrace, not even cleaned between users. Ground staff was unhelpful/unfriendly, didn't seem to care at all.
I asked when the new terminal would be finished and the staff just laughed, no answer.
I'd rather pay a few hundred bucks more for one of the ME3 than this, at least until the new terminal is finished.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 2:24 pm

Has anybody of you guys any (recent) experience with Chauffeur service offered for J and F pax?

I'm regularly flying WY but I plan to use their Chauffeur service for the first time in MCT.

I noticed that they now have a section on their website where you can login with your PNR and request a driver. Has anybody ever requested a pick up service from the airport to the hotel via this online form?

I only remember the old PDF document which you had to fill out and send them via e-Mail. However, I never used that either.
Will there be any confirmation from WY or the company providing the chauffeur service?

If anybody has ever used the Chauffeur service: is it similar to EK or other airlines that the driver is waiting for you in the arrivals hall with a sign which has your name on it or is there a special counter?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Feb 26, 2017, 3:30 am

Programs: QR Silver, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond
I used it end of last year in MUC (not MCT). Using the form, you will receive confirmation by email, however I had to remind them 2 days before my flight. After my reminder they did send the confirmation. On my way back the Driver was waiting with a sign at the exit.

In MUC I did not receive a call from the Limousine Company, but I used the Service in BKK also, but just for the way to the Airport. There, the Limousine Company did call in the evening before they had to pick me up. So it may depend on the Station.

I don't know how they handle it in MCT. Be aware that not all booking classes qualify for Chauffeur Service.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 7:12 am

Ok that's great to hear! Doesn't seem so difficult after all.

I'm pretty sure that my fare qualifies for Chauffeur drive service. I'm booked on a Semi-Flex J Ticket (should be a C or D booking class).

Furthermore I just checked the WY Website and they seem to have changed the rules concerning eligible booking classes for Chauffeur drive service.

Now even booking class R qualifies, however, only for sectors starting or ending in Europe (except Switzerland) or sectors starting or ending at the Far East.

If anyone needs the info, you can find it here (you have to click on eligibility):

http://www.omanair.com/en/flying-us/...e-service#tscs
Old Feb 26, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Yea. Used it for a R booking to Paris last year.

Booked the driver via email. Got a Mercs C180.

The company didn't call to confirm. Only the driver called 30mins prior to pickup.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 3:13 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by germanflyer
Ok that's great to hear! Doesn't seem so difficult after all.

I'm pretty sure that my fare qualifies for Chauffeur drive service. I'm booked on a Semi-Flex J Ticket (should be a C or D booking class).

Furthermore I just checked the WY Website and they seem to have changed the rules concerning eligible booking classes for Chauffeur drive service.

Now even booking class R qualifies, however, only for sectors starting or ending in Europe (except Switzerland) or sectors starting or ending at the Far East.

If anyone needs the info, you can find it here (you have to click on eligibility):

http://www.omanair.com/en/flying-us/...e-service#tscs

Yep, that's right. I booked a cheap business class ticket- R booking class - from CDG to BKK. Filled the online form to request Chauffeur drive service. Received confirmation the very next day.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
I'm booked on an Oman Air 788 from CDG to MCT soon and wanted to know if all 788 & 789 Business cabins feature the latest Apex Suite? (I've heard that apparently Oman Air has leased some 788 from Kenya Airways, thus my question).

Thanks.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
I flew DXB-MCT on an upgrade (my bid was successful) on Saturday night. Nice 1st class lounge access in DXB with a nice French Brut champas on offer.

For the actual flight (which left on time): Nice flight, comfortable seats. Good (not outstanding) meal....
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by JohnRain
I'm booked on an Oman Air 788 from CDG to MCT soon and wanted to know if all 788 & 789 Business cabins feature the latest Apex Suite? (I've heard that apparently Oman Air has leased some 788 from Kenya Airways, thus my question).

Thanks.
A40-SY and SZ are featuring 2-2-2 cabins that were initially fitted for Kenya airways.

So check the seatmap and you will know. The numbering for Kenya planes are 1-5.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:05 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by dfs24
A40-SY and SZ are featuring 2-2-2 cabins that were initially fitted for Kenya airways.

So check the seatmap and you will know. The numbering for Kenya planes are 1-5.
Perfect, that's exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks dfs24.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 7:52 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
It's now easier to redeem miles online with cash/miles options at booking without having to deal with agents for request to book. Regarding business class catering, it's much better out of MCT. The Asian option out of CAN is awful, quality and quantity wise.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:42 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KATERGOO
Yep, that's right. I booked a cheap business class ticket- R booking class - from CDG to BKK. Filled the online form to request Chauffeur drive service. Received confirmation the very next day.
Looks like this has been discontinued?
Chauffeur Drive Service Oman Air
Old Feb 9, 2018, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by vincewy
It's now easier to redeem miles online with cash/miles options at booking without having to deal with agents for request to book. Regarding business class catering, it's much better out of MCT. The Asian option out of CAN is awful, quality and quantity wise.
ExMNL catering wasn't crash hot, but out of MCT wasn't much better either last year in July (J class to CDG).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.