CMN transit AT International to Domestic

Old Dec 10, 2023, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

CMN transit AT International to Domestic

Hi
Flying AT in Biz JFK/CMN Feb 16, transiting to a domestic AT flight in Econ with a scheduled 3 hr layover on a separate record locator.
Does a Biz ticket automatically give me Fast Track for Passport and Customs? Should I hire an expediter to make sure all goes smoothly?
Will I get lounge access arriving on International Biz but transferring to domestic economy. If so, does whatever lounge I have access to have showers?
Im on an ATR CMN/RAK. I have read about luggage being left behind due to weight restrictions. Does anyone know how real this possibility is?
Does anyone who has flown out of JFK lately know the status of Air France lounge access for AT passengers?
Thanks to all in advance.
GRF
Old Dec 11, 2023, 2:43 pm

Hello!

Transiting in CMN is quite smooth and I don't think you will have any problem.

You mention two different tickets (JFK-CMN-RAK).
~ I would double-check if you can be checked-in for both flights so that you get a BP for both flights from JFK. In that case, you will clear pasport/customs in RAK. Arriving in CMN, you will go through security check for the domestic terminal. That is quite small with 9 gates next to each other. There might be a small lounge (def. no showers) for status/biz pax (not sure) but as Y pax you won't have access (arriving in C does not matter). Sometimes AT operates AT7 i/o 737 for the flight and they might have more limited cargo but I don't think that's a real issue to worry.
~ If you don't manage to link the two flights, then it might be more complicated: you will have to clear customs/passport in CMN (you will have fast track due to C arriving pax). Then you will check-in for your domestic flight (small walking distance from arrivals to check-in). You clear security (+passport) and you will fly to RAK.

For lounge, indeed access to AF lounge is provided.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
AT hasn't used the AF lounge at JFK for quite some time, they just haven't updated their website with this info. They use the Primeclass lounge.
jerry_greece likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the info jerry_greece. AT told me on the phone I couldn’t get both BPs at JFK nor check my bag through to RAK. But I will see what happens at JFK check in. I doubt AA will check my bag through to CMN when I check in at DCA. I may just try to gate check my bag DCA/JFK and go to AT a check in. I have to change terminals anyway. I’m hoping for a smooth transition in CMN. Friends who traveled to through CMN September’22 told me that just getting into the terminal for departure was a nightmare due to the first security check before you get through the front door. AT canceled my flight to JFK 2/27 and then I was rebooked CMN/IAD 2/28 (more convenient). Which they then canceled in < 24 hrs. Now I’m flying AC CMN/YUL/DCA 2/28. AT rebooked me to 3/1. Didn’t want to overstay that long. It was an award ticket, which complicated matters. At least it was 2 one ways. Thanks again. I already had been informed about the lounge changes at JFK.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I went through CMN a couple of times over the Christmas period. It's not a nightmare, just not massively convenient either. Just have your passport and onward itinerary handy and pack a bit of patience. 3 hours should be plenty to clear immigration, claim your bag and recheck it. In some ways it's more pleasant as the international-domestic transfer involves walking a long corridor and then waiting in what feels like a warehouse for your flight. Going landslide at least gives you the chance to walk a bit, and relax in one of the cafes.

If you are really worried about luggage then the train is an option. There is an hourly service from the airport to Marrakech (changing at Casablanca ) which takes around 4 hours. You can buy tickets online, with a reserved seat and it's cheap, like $30 cheap in First class.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.