FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-middle-eastern-african-airlines-471/)
-   -   Boo to Omanair Sindbad (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-middle-eastern-african-airlines/1262061-boo-omanair-sindbad.html)

kumrabai Sep 22, 2011 5:40 am

Boo to Omanair Sindbad

I've decided to start using OmanAir, given great price/benefit ratios in J and Y. I thought that as I'm EK Gold, it was a reasonable request to ask for consideration of a status matching for me and my wife. I wrote to Sindbad and got no answer. I sent a follow up message a week later, and still no response.

I hate no responses - if in the end the answer is 'no' then fine, I make my choices. But please don't leave me hanging.

Anyone else had similar experiences with Sindbad?

lunardream Sep 22, 2011 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by kumrabai (Post 17153027)
I've decided to start using OmanAir, given great price/benefit ratios in J and Y. I thought that as I'm EK Gold, it was a reasonable request to ask for consideration of a status matching for me and my wife. I wrote to Sindbad and got no answer. I sent a follow up message a week later, and still no response.

I hate no responses - if in the end the answer is 'no' then fine, I make my choices. But please don't leave me hanging.

Anyone else had similar experiences with Sindbad?

OmanAir is not yet truly a regional player in the frequent flyer business. I would doubt that anyone has been status matched with them. So far, they're starting these days to broaden the number of affiliates of their FF program.

aphro Sep 22, 2011 11:24 pm

yes

I agree. Sindbad are very poor at replying to communications. I don't know if they are over-run with work and can't keep up, or just disorganised. Or if there is a technology issue that they need to sort.

I am hoping that one of their staff reads this and makes some actions.

You might have more success going through their regular customer services? They have been better at replying, although it can sometimes take quite some time for it to happen. :confused:

Individual staff at Oman Air admin however are very helpful, so if you do get hold of an email address for any of them at any point, keep it!

ung1 Sep 23, 2011 12:21 am

You can always look them up on LinkedIn. The lady who runs the Sindbad program previously worked at Skywards and Jet Airways. Perhaps contacting her there might help, though it's not what I would do if all I wanted was a status match.

kumrabai Sep 24, 2011 9:47 pm

Hmmm, going to try through local office - will let you know how it works out.

EFATO Oct 24, 2011 11:28 am

Originally Posted by lunardream (Post 17156621)
OmanAir is not yet truly a regional player in the frequent flyer business. I would doubt that anyone has been status matched with them. So far, they're starting these days to broaden the number of affiliates of their FF program.

I have been status matched with them - EY Gold for WY Gold. PM me if you need details.

deeman Feb 9, 2012 10:51 am

match

Ive been matched as well - BA Silver for Sindbad gold. Was painful though. sometimes I'd get emails instantly sometimes weeks later. They finally matched me 3 months post the initial request.

NoY Feb 15, 2012 4:13 am

Is it possible to credit Oman Air miles to other FFPs?

TPJ Feb 15, 2012 5:07 am

Originally Posted by NoY (Post 18018529)

IIRC only to EY.

NoY Feb 15, 2012 5:53 am

Originally Posted by TPJ (Post 18018664)
IIRC only to EY.

Perfect, thank you. EY is my airline of choice to credit to at the moment :)

kaka6 Feb 15, 2012 5:56 am

Friend got successfully matched from Flying Blue Platinum

...but needed a few months and angry emails by his secretary.

lunardream Feb 25, 2012 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by NoY (Post 18018529)

actually you can with Gulf Air.

kazzanee Feb 29, 2012 11:27 pm

Hi, can someone explain to me what status matching means?

lunardream Mar 1, 2012 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by kazzanee (Post 18108479)
Hi, can someone explain to me what status matching means?

if you are for example a gold status holder on Emirates Frequent Flyer program, and you wish to switch to Etihad for example, you can email them with enough reasons that prove to them your switched patronage to their services and they would match your existing status at Emirates (gold) to Etihad Guest program Gold level to enjoy all of your earlier privileges, without the need to start all over again.

aphro Mar 6, 2012 12:57 am

Originally Posted by lunardream (Post 18081442)
actually you can with Gulf Air.

I think the partnership with Gulf is now finished...?