Wiki Posts
Search

ET (Cloud Nine) Lounge access in ADD

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2011, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
ET (Cloud Nine) Lounge access in ADD

I am looking at meeting my 2 sons (Men now) in ADD and flying south into Africa. I will fly on ET Bus class, while the sons will fly economy from the USA.

Do you know if I can get them into the Cloud Nine lounge in ADD during the ADD stop of several hours (both to and from southern Africa)?

When I fly BA I am allowed a guest into the lounge, and in some lounges I am allowed to pay for a 2nd guest - both of whom turn out to have been my sons as well.
Old May 11, 2011, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
I finally received the following reply from Ethiopian:

"We have checked at the Cloud Nine Lounge at Addis Ababa Airport and were advised that the individual holding the business class boarding pass is allowed to rest in the lounge. A parent with minor children is allowed to stay out of courtesy. But if your children are old enough, they may or may not be allowed in depending on the number of passengers staying at the Lounge on that particular day.

For your information and alternate planning, there is a lounge called “Obelisk Lounge” where passengers can stay adjacent to the Cloud Nine Lounge by paying USD 19.00 for five hours."

Last edited by tmac100; May 12, 2011 at 4:11 am
Old May 12, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Thanks for following up, tmac100. Lots of reads, but no responses, so likely this was a first for many of us.

This made me laugh: "But if your children are old enough, they may or may not be allowed in depending on the number of passengers staying at the Lounge on that particular day."

At least they're honest when they say that they have no rules and just Manage by Mood.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 5:37 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Anyone know if there are showers?
Old Sep 16, 2011, 6:17 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
I was in this lounge last night and it's very basic. No showers but there are restrooms with sink, mirror etc. They have a private smoking lounge for users of the lounge.

Two beers on offer a local on "St George" and Hieniken but be prepared to drink it from a plastic cup or from the bottle/can. Other soft drinks and such as juice and coke are available. I had a look at the food but unless you are starving to death its not worth the risk!

The lounge is a fair size with comfortable chairs and information screens, with three internet terminals by the entrance.

In regards to guests I think it just depends on what mood they are in. I met a fellow traveller who was in economy and asked if she would like to join me rather than sit in the waiting areas for four hours. I approached the desk and politely asked if she could join me and the receptionist said it was fine.

Hope this helps
Old Sep 16, 2011, 8:24 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
I've also had teh hit and miss on admissions, but it's a nice lounge -- comfy, with good food choices (at least in the evenings).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.