Wiki Posts
Search

SAA completing *Alliance Airpass

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2013, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAA Silver, United, BA
SAA completing *Alliance Airpass

I have spent several hours on the phone to SAA trying to get an Star Alliance North America Airpass Itinerary (with reference no. from * web tool) completed by SAA (The carrier that I have booked to USA).
I have been passed from pillar to post within SAA with no success. Only one staffer knew something about it but was not able to help me.
Has anyone had success with SAA in completing an Airpass?
Old Aug 13, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
There is no rule that says it has to be issued by SAA. Use a different carrier. In fact, it will be much easier to make changes or alter your itinerary if your ticket is issued by one of the North American Star Alliance members.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 2:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Why not simply do it online using the *A webtool. Ticketing will be done by LH without any problems....
Old Aug 28, 2013, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks for input. I did the itinerary on the * web tool but on completing it * sent the email to SAA to complete the booking (assumedly because the + tool requested details of my flight into USA - i.e.SAA.) I could not see any option to finalise via the tool.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 6:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I was under the impression that all bookings with the *A were handled by LH, but I guess I'm wrong.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 7:39 am
Original Poster

I am still progressing and have so far escalated to one of the Ops Managers in Reservations.
The crazy thing is that the call centre menu options, after selecting "reservations" and then "international" followed by "existing ', have option 4 "AIRPASSES" but nobody knows how to arrange an Airpass!!!!
Old Sep 16, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Stop dealing with SAA's bureaucracy and just ring UA's South Africa office and they can have it done for you within an hour.

https://www.united.com/web/en-us/con...ns/africa.aspx
Old Oct 8, 2013, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

SAA *NA Airpass

Originally Posted by dls25
Stop dealing with SAA's bureaucracy and just ring UA's South Africa office and they can have it done for you within an hour.

https://www.united.com/web/en-us/con...ns/africa.aspx
Thanks for that.
SAA have, after 2 months, come through with the *NA Airpass!!! (The first issued by SAA?).

The United SA office is just a couple of miles from me so I will definitely visit them.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Smile SAA and * Airpasses

The sequel is that the day after I completed a Europe itinerary on * tool SAA phoned to finalise the airpass!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.