Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Jordanian Lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
When was your outbound?they opened a new lounge for Zain (mobile operator) customers last week,so it might the reason for noise.

Sorry about the wrong info about showers than,it seems that it was indeed an exception for me,or because the member of staff in question was.

In regards to the crown check in lounge,it is indeed good,one of the best J check in areas I have ever seen.

How was your flight?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
The flights were superb,the crew lovely and the food delicious.
It was all you can eat basically.
Drinks were topped up even before they were finished.
A bigger movie selection would be good though.
Highly recommended.

No sign of any tier points or avios from the flights yet though
Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:50 pm

Day pass in RJ Lounge in AMM

I will be laying over in AMM for a number of hours (AQJ-AMM-CDG on RJ/AF) in December and wonder if they sell a day pass and if so, what it costs.

I am traveling Y but have AA Gold status; I doubt if that qualifies me to have free access.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:27 am

Yep,costs about 30 euros,and no AA Gold does not give access.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:39 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
No champagne available at either bar recently.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:19 am

This is stange.I had it last month at the AMM lounge.I hope was a one-off shortage.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 12:59 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
I am thinking about redeeming an award on RJ in J. Is the lounge experience in Amman nice? Are they charging for showers or not?
Old Mar 9, 2015, 5:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, United Plus, Rapid Rewards, Chase Sapphire
Thanks so much! I have an overnight here, and will gladly pay for the room to sleep if not too much. It helps it is open 24-hours and has good food/drinks.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 9:48 pm

peanut528

What's your routing,and conection time? If it is >8 hours you can definately get a free room at the airport hotel,if <8 hours,than depending on circumstances (discretion,how busy the hotel is,routing,class,Fqtv status etc).

Edgerfly

Is it a nice place to be in for a few hours? Yes
Is award on RJ in J a good idea?Yes
Is the lounge experience worth the specific routing?Probably not.
Do they charge for showers? Yes,15USD

PS: For the benefit of anyone flying in Y on RJ,alcohol is for sale now,with JW Red/Gordon's Gin/Smirnoff for 5USD and wine/beers for 3USD. It's a trial,so not sure if it will be the same in the long term. No changes in J.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
PS: For the benefit of anyone flying in Y on RJ,alcohol is for sale now,with JW Red/Gordon's Gin/Smirnoff for 5USD and wine/beers for 3USD. It's a trial,so not sure if it will be the same in the long term. No changes in J.
I flew RJ a few days ago from Erbil to Amman and alcohol was offered for free.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 5:36 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
peanut528

What's your routing,and conection time? If it is >8 hours you can definately get a free room at the airport hotel,if <8 hours,than depending on circumstances (discretion,how busy the hotel is,routing,class,Fqtv status etc).

Edgerfly

Is it a nice place to be in for a few hours? Yes
Is award on RJ in J a good idea?Yes
Is the lounge experience worth the specific routing?Probably not.
Do they charge for showers? Yes,15USD

Charging for showers is simply pathetic in this day and age. Esp for senior tier /J pax.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:49 am

B747-437B

It is effective since 2nd of March. Did you fly in Y or J?
Old Mar 12, 2015, 4:17 am

It is effective since 2nd of March. Did you fly in Y or J?
I flew in Y but just before the deadline, so that explains it.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: JGC premier
Sorry to bump up this old thread, but i have yet to see any definitive answer with regards to the shower at the lounge. Yes i know there is additional charge which i'm willing to pay, but how clean is the shower and are there amenities such as shampoo/soap/conditioner provided? Is there any hair dryer provided? Will be flying in 2 weeks, would appreciate if anyone can share his/her knowledge. Thanks in advance for the help!
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta, Amtrak, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bakaneko85
Sorry to bump up this old thread, but i have yet to see any definitive answer with regards to the shower at the lounge. Yes i know there is additional charge which i'm willing to pay, but how clean is the shower and are there amenities such as shampoo/soap/conditioner provided? Is there any hair dryer provided? Will be flying in 2 weeks, would appreciate if anyone can share his/her knowledge. Thanks in advance for the help!
It has been a over year, but I remember the showers being pretty nice. The fee was not very high (<$10 I think). I think I bought my own small bottle shampoo, but I think it was also provided. I do remember the shower being very hot. I do not remember if there was a hair dryer or not, sorry.

Overall, I remember it being better than I expected.

Last edited by KBMIFlyer; Jun 12, 2017 at 1:17 pm Reason: can't spell

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.