Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MEA new livery - BEY Update

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2008, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Exclamation MEA new livery - BEY Update

Here is an article on the current status in Lebanon....resilience is an understatment in that country/airline indeed!^

Also new MEA livery for its new fleet orders.(I think BEYFLYER may have already shared this with everyone?)

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article....ticle_id=92110

http://www.mea.com.lb/MEA/English/Co...s/20071011.htm

Last edited by Cedar Jet; May 17, 2008 at 12:27 am
Old May 17, 2008, 6:07 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
I love the new scheme especially the red over the tail and the new colorful curves. Now if they change the FAs' wardrobe, I would be super happy...

Last edited by BEYFlyer; May 17, 2008 at 6:14 am
Old May 17, 2008, 6:13 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver, Egyptair Plus Gold/*A Gold
I didn't have a problem with the old MEA livery. It was simple and the cedar tree is recognizable anywhere. The coloured flourishes on the new livery might be too much in real life. I can think of several Arab airlines in dire need of a new image (Sudan Airways, the new Oman Air is no improvement to me, Kuwait Airways, Syrian Arab etc.). Thank God EgyptAir introduced THEIR new livery.
Cedar Jet, a pleasure as always. Thnx
Old May 18, 2008, 5:39 am
Original Poster

I personally would remove the blue curve lines and just stick with the flowing red line. I also spoke with a friend who's brother is on the design team for MEA new ac interiors in Beirut..all I could get out of him was "state of the art" even when I treid to ask about beds in J..no response - keeping tight lipped.

CJ
Old May 19, 2008, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Thanks for the update CJ... it must be a challenge to run an airline out of BEY at the moment. Good to see that management is conscious to keep its offering competitive.

Now how about some updates on the GF fleet?
Old May 19, 2008, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BiziBB
Thanks for the update CJ... it must be a challenge to run an airline out of BEY at the moment. Good to see that management is conscious to keep its offering competitive.

Now how about some updates on the GF fleet?
Hey BB

I'm sure I mentioned strong rumours of A340-600's and A321's to join GF soon. That's all I know at this stage.

CJ
Old May 19, 2008, 3:48 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by directorguy_
...Thank God EgyptAir introduced THEIR new livery....
When? Haven't seen anything yet on the MS website or anywhere else. According to this article, it's still expected for late May.
Old May 19, 2008, 5:15 am

Programs: GA Gold, BA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by nomad1974
When? Haven't seen anything yet on the MS website or anywhere else. According to this article, it's still expected for late May.
I don't know if this is officially launch yet, but their livery will be like this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:MS_New_Livery.jpg
Old May 19, 2008, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Originally Posted by 7free
I don't know if this is officially launch yet, but their livery will be like this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:MS_New_Livery.jpg
It only reminds me a little of GF's famous Falcon.

Boom times in the mid-east equipment and refurb markets.
Old May 23, 2008, 2:25 am

The first "new" plane should be delivered on the 23rd of June. Can't wait to see it
Old May 23, 2008, 3:10 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver, Egyptair Plus Gold/*A Gold
EgyptAir has already placed the new image into motion. At CAI airport, I was waiting for someone and on the arrivals screen, they'd removed the old MS logo displayed next to the flight info and placed the new blue logo. In the streets, the new logo is being displayed in street adds with the logo enjoy the sky which isn't exactly fresh, but, oh well....
The MS falcon is Horus, the famous diety. He's been displayed for years now, ever since Egypt Air was launched in the early 1970s.
Here is a link again since the wikipedia one doesn't always work:
http://www.wings900.com/vb/1-1-civil...ew-colors.html

It has a close up on the tail, and you can see the Middle East Airlines one at the same time. For a link to the actual Middle East Airlines livery on a plane check out http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/view...av2&picid=4749
Old May 24, 2008, 2:15 am

Great picture; I like it a lot. Can't wait to see the interior (hope they've done something new with that). Thanks for sharing directorguy_.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 7:07 am

Looks like the interior is the same Going through the Cedar Wings magazine recently, I see they have re-branded it to reflect the new look but the instructions inside on how to use the seat in business class show the same seats as last time Oh well, can't have EVERYTHING happening all at once I guess...
Old Jun 12, 2008, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
Looks like the interior is the same Going through the Cedar Wings magazine recently, I see they have re-branded it to reflect the new look but the instructions inside on how to use the seat in business class show the same seats as last time Oh well, can't have EVERYTHING happening all at once I guess...
Hmm hardly the "state of the art interiors" indication I was given by an insider recently. Well as ME has no real long haul routes atm I doubt they could justify sleeper flat beds or the like. Their IFE is however excellent.

Will the new plane be A320 or A330. If A320 not reeally much you can do with a single isle ac J cabin seating wise.

Let us know BEY! - I see Beirutis lost no time in partying since things have calmed. Enshalla Kheir! (Hope all fears well Godwilling)

CJ

Last edited by Cedar Jet; Jun 12, 2008 at 10:29 pm
Old Jun 13, 2008, 1:27 am

Cedar Jet, always a pleasure to hear from you my friend. Yalla, when are you coming to Beirut???

I believe the first plane will be an A330 (based on pictures I saw on A-Net - check them out... ouff... I am loving the new curves on that beauty). Look forward to seeing it in our skies in the next 10 days or so.

Yes, Lebanon is back in FULL swing. We didn't waste a single minute. After all, we've been stuck knee deep for the past couple of years, so it's about time we've let our hair down and partied

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.