Hotel Monaco in Seattle

Old Feb 9, 2006, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Hotel Monaco in Seattle

Anybody have comments on Kimpton's Hotel Monaco in Seattle? We've been offered a very good rate on a Monte Carlo suite.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:16 am

Programs: Starfleet Captains Club
I wanted to book there for a trip to Seattle in April, but the price is a little high, so I'll either be at the Marriott or the Crowne Plaza. But it looks like Hotel Monaco rated pretty highly on Tripadvisor.com (#5 of 110 hotels in Seattle based on Tripadvisor popularity - they must be doing something right!)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g6...on-Hotels.html
Old Feb 15, 2006, 10:18 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
I stayed there back in October 2002. I was very impressed. The rooms were modern and stylish with good amenities. I can't speak to the suite, but I would bet that you will be satisfied.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 5:47 am

Programs: UA, AA, KE, OZ Hyatt Platinum, Int Ambassador,
Hotel Monaco. Yes, thats a great hotel. I used to walk by on my way to work. Its cute and on the busy road on 4th ave. You can get to pike place market on your left and chinatown to your right. I recommend mccormicks and schmicks (sp?) restaurant for afternoon happy hour. Its about 2 minute walk from Monaco, It was voted the best happy hour menu with giant cheese burger and fries, or oyester shooters, falafel wrap for $1.99 (yes, thats 2 bucks) in a really fancy restaurant. Yeah, I know, I used to be a regular there. happy hour is between 4-6 i think. Back to the hotel, I heard from a friend thats where the dignitaries used to stay and based on the reputation and walk-bys, I would say go for it.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 8:49 pm

sorry to dissent. I had a bad stay there several years ago (they may have gotten things worked out by now based on the other comments). Room was nicely appointed, but very noisy. They failed to deliver an important fax to the room. Housekeeping was poor. Have not been back because of the bad experience.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.