Wiki Posts
Search

Kiimpton Hotel Lumen - Dallas

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2013, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium (LT Plat), Southwest A-list, Delta Platinum
Kiimpton Hotel Lumen - Dallas

Stayed at the Hotel Lumen in Dallas with my wife - her first stay in a Kimpton - last Thursday. They were gearing up for Parent's Weekend at SMU, which happened to be that weekend.

We had a great stay. It is really close to Love Field, so if you fly Southwest, it is really convenient. It is also located directly across the street from SMU, so if you are visiting the campus, Hotel Lumen is really convenient.

My wife was really impressed by the valet attendants - three of them helped us out of the car and opened the door for us. As we entered the hotel, she really liked the furnishings and the hip vibe. The front desk people were friendly and efficient, upgrading us to a pool view King room.

We were impressed by how new the hotel looked, including the hallways and our room. When we settled into the room, we noticed the pillows were made of down, so we asked for foam pillows - they were prompt to bring them. The front desk even asked if we needed another comforter, since the comforter was made of down. Since she does not sleep with the comforter near her face, we declined the other comforter. The shower in the room was spacious and the bathroom size adequate. The room also had a "faux" balcony.

Soon after arriving in our room, the phone rang with Russell, the concierge, on the line to ask us if he could bring up the amenity - he said that he did not realize that my wife would be with me and what she might like. (I had put in my reservation notes that since this was my wife's first time at a Kimpton, that a bottle of wine would be nice. Not sure why it was not communicated) It took a little bit of time, but Russell arrived with a HUGE amenity mix consisting of local beers (4 different bottles), a bottle of wine, bbq chips, a large plate of fruit and dried figs, plus a pint of cookie dough ice cream.

The wine hour was great, too. They had white and red wine selections, plus a couple of local craft beer selections available. We enjoyed our drinks, plus a refill out on the pool deck. We did not use the pool, but the whole area looked great.

After the wine hour, we moved on to the restaurant, since I had booked the Fall package, which included a $25 credit at The Front Room, the Hotel Lumen's restaurant. The restaurant manager (I wish I could remember his name) was very helpful, as was the server, Bill. My wife suffers from celiac's disease and all of her needs were met. The food was amazing and she did not suffer from any cross contamination symptoms.

Checkout was a breeze with Russell and the restaurant manager greeting us by name. Coffee and tea bar was nice and included some small muffins. Valet service was prompt. We drove away, wishing we were staying there another night or two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.