Wiki Posts
Search

Kimpton Muse NYC

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2013, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Kimpton Muse NYC

The IC treatment and wonderful all around service at the Muse is almost reason enough to stay a Kimpton IC. What a nice hotel in a good area and some really great service.

Location: A few blocks from Times Square and a relatively cheap taxi ride from Penn Station. In the theater district if that floats anyone's boat. I was in town for the FT UA dinner about 5 weeks ago (been lazy on my reviews )

Check in/Amenity: Same great check in with a bit of a surprise. I requested a dog in addition to my food and drink. The replies from the hotel were a bit cryptic (to keep me guessing and surprised at the hotel) so I was real happy when I found out that my requested Jack Russell would be available for happy hour. ^ X 1000 for this one from Kimpton. And I got my booze and snacks too. Plus I got a great suite. All on a freebie night to boot. So dog, booze, food, and suite. Not too shabby.

Room: A nice suite. Lots more room than a typical NYC hotel room. Yeah for me

Wine hour: Wine and bottles of Brooklyn lager. Another Yeah for me

Restaurant/bar: N/A

Check out: Typical Kimpton - professional and courteous.

Staff: I'll make a special note about the staff since it was a hectic weekend with the Puerto Rican Day parade leading to tons of people on the streets in the general vicinity of the hotel. The advice on how to avoid the street closing and where to pick up a taxi were key to getting around NYC that day. And the bagel recommendation was great too.

Add the Muse to the I'll look here first in NYC on my next trip up.

Last edited by thegrailer; Jul 21, 2013 at 10:31 pm
Old Mar 15, 2014, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Stayed here last night--wasn't awful, wasn't super impressed either. We were upgraded to an executive suite on the back of the hotel, which had the bonus of being quite quiet. The style of the rooms (Art Deco-ish) is not really to my liking--I prefer the Ink 48 rooms but admit the location is not as good as the Muse. They forgot to deliver our amenity and we had to call down for it, but they were apologetic and it was nice when we got it (a big plate of berries and mini cupcakes).

Scariest part--we requested a coffee maker in the room, it came with packets of Maxwell House. Somewhere in the world a Courtyard wants its coffee back.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
Somewhere in the world a Courtyard wants its coffee back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.