Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Hotels.com Welcome Rewards vs. Expedia Rewards for hotels

Old Feb 2, 2012, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat

Due to my company's relationship with Hotels.com and Expedia, I'm required to book hotels for my business trips through one of these sites. I'd prefer to earn American AAdvantage miles but most hotel chains aren't letting me earn miles when I book through an online travel agency. However, I do like the fact that I can earn hotel nights from Expedia and Hotels.com without being tied down to particular chain.

I plan to book my flights (always AA) through Expedia to earn rewards on flights, in addition to miles through AA but not sure about hotels. Hotels.com gives you a free night for every 10 nights so it seems like I'd earn free nights a lot faster through Hotels.com but not sure if I should focus on one program to get awards faster.

Any feedback on which has a better rewards program for booking hotels?
Old Feb 3, 2012, 10:19 am

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Hotels.com returns 10% while Expedia is pathetic.

Loyalty Traveler has the detailed analysis of Expedia Rewards:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyalt...yalty-program/

For your situation it is probably better just use Hotels.com for hotels and Expedia for airfare.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Thanks, Leonard! That's what I suspected. Appreciate your fast response!
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by aznaphrodite
Thanks, Leonard! That's what I suspected. Appreciate your fast response!
Of course you can always use a cashback site to click through to hotels.com and get the rewards as well

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.