Old Jan 11, 2012, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Gold (MM), WN A-List, Fairmont L/T Plat, HH Diamond
Loews Orlando: pet friendly?

On their website they're pet friendly:

http://www.loewshotels.com/Royal-Pac...periences/pets

Yet, the manager is having all of the local cats killed:

http://blogs.catster.com/the-cats-me...ng/2012/01/11/

"Loews Hotels at Universal Orlando had a model TNR [sic: Trap/Neuter/Return] program. It was a great example of how it can work, and the hotel even built “cat mansions” for its ferals to eat comfortably from.

Two days ago, however, hotel staff completely reversed their stance and began trapping the cats in their cared-for feral colony and supposedly taking them to a local shelter, citing guest safety as the reason. I think we all know what fate feral cats have at shelters — they are generally not adoptable, so sending them there means almost certain death.

From what I have heard, there are only 10 cats at the Loews Portofino Bay Hotel and 12 cats at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort. Twenty-two precious, innocent lives. The fact that there are so few on such a large property shows that TNR works.

It was confirmed today that a mother and her four kittens were trapped at another Universal property, Hard Rock Hotel, and brought to Orange County Animal Services yesterday — and euthanized today."

Last edited by UNHBuzzard; Jan 12, 2012 at 6:37 pm Reason: Add link & text
Old Feb 20, 2012, 5:25 am

I can't believe that they can do that to the cats who doesn't even mind their business and yet they have harmed those cat and put it in cages. How pity are those cats being trapped! I think its about time to do something.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Gold (MM), WN A-List, Fairmont L/T Plat, HH Diamond
Actually it's continuing... I'm curious if this is their definition of being a "pet friendly" chain:

The Loews Royal Pacific, Loews Portofino, and Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando Resorts in Orlando, Floridaself-proclaimed animal-friendly hotelsmade the cruel decision to start trapping and removing the cats whove called their property home for years.

These cats are being left unattended inside traps, in 89-degree heat, and their caregivers have been forbidden from feeding them. Loews has resisted our calls to stop the trappingonly a massive public outcry can stop this inhumane treatment.

Petition (FWIW):

http://www.alleycat.org/page.aspx?pi...M14oI.facebook

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.