Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Palomar Dallas

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2011, 8:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Hotel Palomar Dallas

I just stayed at the Hotel Palomar in Dallas for a Dress for Success conference. As the rooms are usually at greatly reduced costs for DFS by Kimpton, no one receives upgrades.

The rooms were your standard two double beds, and yes, we all had to room with someone. The bathroom was mildly claustrophobic, but the room was nice, comfortable, and had easy access to multiple electrical outlets, which matters to me.

What really stood out was the staff, their level of willingness to help and assist guests and even visitors waiting for guests. A few days prior to the conference, I sent an email to the concierge, asking if there was a store nearby where I could pick up treats for the kibblers. His reply listed his personal recommendation, and an offer to use the hotel vehicle to transport me there. When I arrived, I saw him, and stopped to introduce myself and let him know that I'd found the store and had already picked up their treats. We took some time trading photos of our kibblers.

Kimpton employees welcomed us to the hotel as if we were your standard paying guests, and Kimpton employees had a special welcome and musical routine for us at our conference opening ceremony.

There was always a cooler of bottled water in the lobby, between the two sets of doors.

Each evening, we had something special from Kimpton waiting in our rooms, as a special treat.

If anything, the employees went out of their way to treat the clients attending in a special manner.

At our meals, those with special meal requests never had to wait more than a minute or two upon giving their request, and the food was wonderful! Dessert at lunch on Saturday was cheesecake, while at dinner it was tiramisu. Friday night, employees from the hotel spa provided mini manicures, chair massages, and hand massages, free of charge, while the restaurant provided mini cupcakes as a snack.

A friend met me in the lobby both evenings, and as she doesn't have a cell phone, and refused to use mine, the hotel allowed her to use a phone at the front desk to call her ride both evenings.

On Saturday evening, the hotel lobby was swamped, as I guess a few of the Dallas Cowboys were at the sports bar next door, and I think, at the hotel. The employees kept their cool, and managed to keep the guests happy too. I asked one of the front desk employees about the water, since it was the first I'd noticed it, and rather than just tell me it was complimentary, he ran to get water for me from the cooler. He then tried to refuse a tip, but knowing how wonderfully they'd been treating the DFS clients who wouldn't think to tip anyone for any service, I felt as if he deserved something.

The employees were very understanding of our clients' backgrounds and seemed very determined to give them the best possible weekend. The employees were always smiling and happy and asking how they could help.

Their attitudes were greatly appreciated, and if I was going back to Dallas, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, on my own dime.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.