Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Kimpton - Vintage Park Hotel - SEA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2010, 12:21 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood

Had a one night stay here (first time). Good downtown location.

Lovely hotel, cozy, charming. Wine reception with the winemaker pouring (good wines; pourings of bottles ranging from $20 - $45 per bottle wines - all reds). Amenity in room - bottle of wine and chocolate truffles (due to my status of Inner Circle). Free wi-fi service in the room and other areas. Turndown service with chocolates provided. Both Seattle Times and New York Times Sunday papers available this morning.

Front desk staff was AMAZING! I think the two women there (T&E) didn't go home during the 24 hours I was there They were gracious, lovely, and made us feel extremely welcomed. The staff just gets what hospitality means. Even the bellman while leaving ensured that I was reassured that my two bags would be secure (since I'm returning next week).

This is not a place for folks who like modern, huge rooms, "cookie cutter" type of hotels. For me it was an excellent stay and I look forward to staying again next week.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 6:40 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
We just finished a lovely weekend stay at the Vintage Park. We were given the Chateau Ste. Michelle Suite on the 11th (top) floor which has a nice view of the library across the street. The room has a large living room with a double-sided fireplace (shared with the bedroom), a king-sized canopied bed, and the bathroom has a walk-in shower (with side nozzles) and a Jacuzzi tub that can fit two. The room was a little tired, decor-wise, but still very comfortable.

The property gave me everything I asked for in my Inner Circle request - a box of Fran's salted caramels, two Cupcake Royales, Coke Zeros, seltzer and plain water, and a bottle of Ste. Michelle Shiraz.

We had breakfast at Tulio's which was nice (our rate had a $25 food credit) and we were given a complimentary scone as an IC amenity.

We took a towncar hired from the property to SEA; it was only $5 more than a taxi.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 3:38 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Poor stay

After staying at 6 Kimptons this week I have to rank this hotel at the bottom. There was no upgrade, the bathroom wasn't large enough for me to take a shower, and the service from the staff was incredibly poor. Being an Inner Circle member the amenity was minimal and "cheap" (3 very small pieces of cheese with 7 crackers). No help from the bellman when checking in (pouring rain, trying to get my luggage out of the taxi while he didn't offer or come out of the entrance).

Room did not have any heat. This hotel is currently my least favorite hotel out of the Kimpton properties; not impressed at all. Also the restaurant was not good and no service was provided during the time I was there for breakfast.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 11:47 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

And this is why I love Kimpton so much. . .

GM called me today because she had read my comments and wanted to talk through what happened. She LISTENED *genuinely* and we had a 20 minute discussion. Her follow-up was greatly appreciated by me and impressive. This type of service is why I adore Kimpton so much - they seem to really care.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.