Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

Old Jul 12, 2009, 12:02 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AccorHotels finished, Honors Plat, MeliaRewards Gold, SPG dead, AF Frequence+ forever
Thumbs up MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

Just a few words about this very popular hotel chain (in Spain mainly). With some business in Spain, I (hardly) gained 2 free nights in a Tryp hotel (midrange). I booked at the Tryp Menfis in the overpricey Madrid (nicely renovated, on the Gran Via in the City center). Breakfast for 2 was free (and great), no taxes, no nothing! Very nice award memories.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
The Sol Melia web site seems to show that the program is free to join, and that its members get free breakfast on any paid rate. Sounds great.
Does anyone know if this is true? Also, do you have to book via the website, or can you book on Expedia, etc?
Thanks for any feedback!
Old Mar 5, 2010, 4:05 pm

Programs: AZ CFP, OK Plat, LH FTL, SPG Plat, HH Dia, MR Gold, Carlson Gold, BW Dia, PC Plat AMB, Accor Plat
mas Gold

According to information on the website:

mas Gold Program

During the first quarter of each year, we revise all mas card holder accounts. Those customers who have booked at least 20 stays and accumulated more than 35,000 mas points receive the Sol Meli masgold card for their loyalty.
With last year's stays and points I should be upgraded to Gold. Does anyone know when exactly in the first quarter these updates happen? Thx.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 3:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Points Expiring

Have 8,386 points that expire end of this month. Any way to transfer them or use them some how?

Thanks
Old Mar 16, 2010, 12:40 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Originally Posted by CreveCoeur
Have 8,386 points that expire end of this month. Any way to transfer them or use them some how?

Thanks
Letting mine expire so not sure and have not heard anything. Points never post from Cuba so not really an incentive for me anymore
Old Apr 11, 2010, 4:57 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by Points Surfer
Letting mine expire so not sure and have not heard anything. Points never post from Cuba so not really an incentive for me anymore
I trasfered 10.000 pts + into AZ (millemiglia) miles - not bad^

They do have a few interesting partners so read carefully before letting them expire
Old Apr 12, 2010, 4:41 am

Programs: AZ CFP, OK Plat, LH FTL, SPG Plat, HH Dia, MR Gold, Carlson Gold, BW Dia, PC Plat AMB, Accor Plat
Smile CELEBRATING 15 YEARS OF mas REWARDS WITH NEW ADVANTAGES

Seems the mas programme has been upgraded with a new level (Platinum):

This year the mas Rewards programme is celebrating its 15th anniversary. And the best way to celebrate is by offering all of our members new benefits, a new category mas platinum -, and exciting promotions. Enjoy an exclusive world of advantages, full of benefits which will help you enjoy our hotels even more. Because you always deserve more.

Discover the new mas benefits as of the 1st April
All details can be found here.

Looks quite interesting to me: 20 nights or 20,000 points for gold (was 20 stays and 35,000 points), 50 nights and 50,000 points for platinum.

BTW: they are also running a referral programme. If anyone is interested, drop me a private message.

Pieter
Old Apr 12, 2010, 3:18 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by pieterde
Seems the mas programme has been upgraded with a new level (Platinum):

All details can be found here.

Looks quite interesting to me: 20 nights or 20,000 points for gold (was 20 stays and 35,000 points), 50 nights and 50,000 points for platinum.

BTW: they are also running a referral programme. If anyone is interested, drop me a private message.

Pieter
Good find^ Stayed on a week long stay in gran melia and have to say it was fine - points system very generous I thought^
Old Apr 27, 2010, 9:52 am

Programs: CC Concierge,HH Diamond, Melia: Platinum, Hyatt : Platinum, Hertz: Gold
They are not that generous. I think Hilton and specialy Goldpoints from Radisson are more generous.
Currently holding gold, but I got over 100+ nights this year and 150000+ points, so I guess I'm getting platinum.

If somebody wants to get a referral invite, just ask.

Last edited by barte; Apr 28, 2010 at 9:41 am
Old May 17, 2010, 10:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Good program but naturally the majority of their hotels are in Spain so naturally other hotel programs could be perceived as "better" due to their hotels being in far more locations around the world.
Old May 20, 2010, 5:44 am

Programs: CC Concierge,HH Diamond, Melia: Platinum, Hyatt : Platinum, Hertz: Gold
I just got platinum, but many hotel managers don't even know it exists and don't know the advantages that come with it (free minibar, free wifi, free upgrade, free breakfast, etc)
I have to explain and show my letter that came with the card every time.
Old May 29, 2010, 12:46 am

Programs: AA-1MM
So is it true that mas members get free breakfast for just being a member? That sounds too good to be true.....

Planning a trip to Alicante for the last day of the festival of St. John, so don't know if I'll eat it anyway!!
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:51 am

Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Turkish Airlines Elite
Originally Posted by AKLDUBFlyer
So is it true that mas members get free breakfast for just being a member? That sounds too good to be true.....

Planning a trip to Alicante for the last day of the festival of St. John, so don't know if I'll eat it anyway!!
I think the free breakfast depends on your status level. Just got my blue card (entry/lowest level) yesterday. The cover letter mentions a 50% discount on breakfast. Still think its a good deal if true. Maybe someone more experienced could confirm?
Old Jan 3, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Turkish Airlines Elite
Originally Posted by Hafnia
I think the free breakfast depends on your status level. Just got my blue card (entry/lowest level) yesterday. The cover letter mentions a 50% discount on breakfast. Still think its a good deal if true. Maybe someone more experienced could confirm?
Stayed in Melia Athens last week. Recieved 50 % on breakfast and 10 % on other F&B with my blue MAS card.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 6:49 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Stay at any Sol Meli hotel for at least two nights and get X2 points!

Just out today.....Stay at any Sol Meli hotel for at least two nights and get X2 MAS points! Don't delay, you only have until 31 January to book and stay!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.