Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2016, 5:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Ambassador, Melia Platinum, IB Gold, TAP Gold
I got this as the Melia birthday surprise in 2015:
"Congratulations
You now have an upgrade to a room of a higher category for your next stay at one of our hotels.
This upgrade will only be applied when you check in online.
Valid for a period of 12 months from the date of your birthday"
Old Apr 30, 2016, 5:15 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Finally heard back from Melia customer services

Apparently they no longer email you about the birthday surprise, no write to you, nor send you any sort of message. They still do it, but you have to be psychic or something...

Around the time of your birthday, you now need to log into your account, and go to My Promotions (new option between My Booking and My Points). This year's offers are an upgrade or 20% off:

Old Jun 29, 2016, 2:51 am

Programs: FB PLATINUM IHG ACCOR
Indeed and no more 2=1 night for birthday...Choose the upgrade for a upcoming stay in Berlinjust should not forget to check in online..
Old Jul 9, 2016, 5:24 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
It seems that the Brexit-related cancellations at the Melia ME London discussed at the FT London do a week back have triggered a new promo. Not sure if it's targeted, but the promotions section of my account shows this today:

Old Sep 14, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: Melia Planium, IB+, BAEC
spflyer, just beware that upgrade and in general online check-in is only applicable to direct booking. I had a third-party booking with Melia (via corporate travel agency) and online check-in was unavailable on that booking, as well as any upgrade vouchers I had...
Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:43 pm

Smile MeliaRewards points sale exteded

It's time to rename this thread to MeliaRewards
Melia Rewards extended its points sale: till the end of the year one can buy 1,000 points for 5 EUR, instead of normal price of 8 EUR.
To buy points you need to log into your Melia Rewards account and follow Buy Points link. Minimum purchase is 1,000 and maximum you can buy per year is 100,000 (which cost 500 EUR exactly). These points won’t count towards Melia satus. Bookings made with points can be cancelled without penalty up to 14 days before arrival.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:16 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dumba
It's time to rename this thread
Yes, this was overdue. A mod has now kindly taken care of it -- MeliáRewards it now is.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:23 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by IMH
Yes, this was overdue. A mod has now kindly taken care of it -- MeliáRewards it now is.
Awesome! Thanks for that!
Old Oct 9, 2016, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
MeliaRewards has a very stringent policy of points expiring if you complete no stay within 12 months. Those 12 months go by quickly when you're busy. Is there any way of avoiding the points expiry issue? Does purchasing points help prevent the remaining points from expiring?
Old Oct 10, 2016, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
MeliaRewards has a very stringent policy of points expiring if you complete no stay within 12 months. Those 12 months go by quickly when you're busy. Is there any way of avoiding the points expiry issue? Does purchasing points help prevent the remaining points from expiring?
should be worth to make a reservation only with points and then proceed with the cancellation of the reservation.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Is purchasing points even working at the moment? All I get is a "403 Forbidden" error when trying with various browsers and languages. If it's not a general error, it must be due to the fact that I haven't had a stay in a couple of years?!?
Old Oct 16, 2016, 5:41 pm

craigthemif, I bought MeliaRewards points a few weeks ago and it all worked fine for me. I also stay with them regularly.

Concerto, Re points expiry, you are right, the fact that points expire in 1 year is quite bad. I agree with piblo that the easiest way to prevent this is to make a speculative booking with points only. Try to book for s further ahead as possible. That date will be your new points expiry date. When you need those points for a real booking, just cancel the speculative one and you will get all the points back, because bookings with points only are 100% cancelable and refundable, as log as you cancel 14 days in advance.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 4:04 am

I recently reached MeliaRewards Gold and was expecting my 3 20% off vouchers. After a few weeks of waiting I decided to contact customer support (there is a link on the website, on top, from where you can submit your query). Nice CS lady asked for a screenshot of My Promotions and then pronptly sent me a code! I thought it would help to anyone in the same situation.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 12:06 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Are there any sign up bonus / referral offers for Melia Rewards, links posted further up seem to no longer work.
Myself and colleagues have a stay at The Melia White House in London and so I was planning to join their loyalty scheme and then possibly refer colleagues.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by dumba

Re points expiry, you are right, the fact that points expire in 1 year is quite bad. I agree with piblo that the easiest way to prevent this is to make a speculative booking with points only. Try to book for s further ahead as possible. That date will be your new points expiry date. When you need those points for a real booking, just cancel the speculative one and you will get all the points back, because bookings with points only are 100% cancelable and refundable, as log as you cancel 14 days in advance.
14 days in advance? Have to watch out for that one, it's grim!! At least with IHG you can wait until the day before if you are not sure and may need to cancel. Can reservations be modifed?

My big question, which would solve the problem, is whether points purchases extend the validity of the points? The current promotion (1,000º for €5) is quite a good one, available until the end of the year I believe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.