MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

Subscribe
Since this thread has popped up today, I figure I should drop a line about my experience with them on my one stay. (Sorry I can't answer that status match question...)

The good:
- Excellent hotel, the Gran Melia in Seville. Wonderful room, fantastic service throughout the hotel, perfect location in central Seville...walking distance to pretty much anything you'd want to do in the city.
- Even as a "base" member, I had a great top-floor balcony room with a nice view out over the city. Not a suite, but one of the more desirable rooms you could have in this hotel.
- Welcome amenity for me, a non-elite, was better than the typical Platinum amenity at Marriott. (Snack plus wine.)
- Although it was a smallish property, it would do well alongside any of our favorite upscale brands in terms of quality. The staff here would fit in just fine at a W, JW, Conrad, or similar hotel.

The bad:
- That 40 Euro thing...as I suspected, the hotel knew nothing about it. I had no evidence that I should have this offer so I couldn't argue much about it. The hotel offered me discounted breakfast (about half off the "list" price), but I suspect they offer this to everyone.

The ugly:
- Points didn't post at all. I waited a whole month, nothing...then submitted a missing points request. A month later, I got about 75% of the points I thought I'd get.

If I'm ever in Seville again (which I hope to be!), I will stay at this hotel again. It was a good enough property that I'd rather stay there than at one of the lesser AC hotels just to get some Marriott points. But as a loyalty program, this one seems to have a bit to be desired...

Based on the slowness of my missing points response, I'd be surprised if they have somebody standing by to grant that status match request all that quickly...if at all.
Quote: I just sent a request for status match from HHonors Gold to MAS Gold.
Will report when I have a reply.
Any experiences with status matches to MAS highly appreciated!
I have a reply now:

"Dear Sir, We would like to inform you that we don't match statuses from different programs.

Kind regards. BackOffice MaS"
Is anybody interested in refering me to this program?

Is there a "reward" for both of us?
Quote: Is anybody interested in refering me to this program?

Is there a "reward" for both of us?
Hello I am interested but the "reward" is very little, 750 points for you and 250 for me.

Please send me a private with your name and email and I will invite you to the mas program.

Thank you.
Quote: Hello I am interested but the "reward" is very little, 750 points for you and 250 for me.

Thank you.
And done - thank you!
Quick Question: The Melia Page reads that one can't transfer Points that one gets with signing up...So far, so strange...But my Question is -in ADVANCE, i don't want to buy Points without being able to transfer them - can i transfer Melia-Points that i just bought via the Programm? I mean, i want to buy 100.000 Points and get the 20% Bonus, which makes 120.000 Points and will end up as 60.000 Miles...Costs 800 Euro..But I don't want to spend the Money without being SURE that i can really transfer them!

So please answer this Question..
I don't know the answer to your question, put the question in the wall of facebook page of Melia group, the support is very good.

https://www.facebook.com/MeliaHotels...ref=ts&fref=ts
Quote: I don't know the answer to your question, put the question in the wall of facebook page of Melia group, the support is very good.

https://www.facebook.com/MeliaHotels...ref=ts&fref=ts
Thats a good Hint! Thank you!

I did a "Copy-and-Paste" - Fingers crossed for quick Help

Have a great day!
Quote: Thats a good Hint! Thank you!

I did a "Copy-and-Paste" - Fingers crossed for quick Help

Have a great day!
Looks like they answered your question and the answer was yes! I asked the same question of them on Twitter on Nov 30 but got no response.
Is anybody interested in refering me to this program aswell? ^

Thanks!
Quote: Is anybody interested in refering me to this program aswell? ^

Thanks!
I can invite you, please send me a private message with your First Name, Surname and email and I will invite you, 750 points for you and 250 for me.
Quote: Is anyone interested in exchanging some MAS points for those of another scheme? I need around 9000 points to redeem a reward at the Vilatana Resort. I thought i'd try on here before I consider purchasing them.
Sent a PM.
mas Rewards is now Melia Rewards
I received an e-mail about the roll out of Melia Rewards, the updated mas rewards program, earlier this week.

No dramatic changes, rather a facelift. There are now four tiers, including the base tier, which makes benefits slightly more differentiated. Surprisingly, it looks like the tier added is really the silver one, i.e. the second lowest. However, it seems that one of the key advantages of mas Rewards, the fact that also base members enjoyed some benefits, is kept

A comprehensive overview over the new program can be found under https://www.melia.com/nMas/jsp/C_Ventajas.jsp
Quote: No dramatic changes, rather a facelift. There are now four tiers, including the base tier, which makes benefits slightly more differentiated. Surprisingly, it looks like the tier added is really the silver one, i.e. the second lowest. However, it seems that one of the key advantages of mas Rewards, the fact that also base members enjoyed some benefits, is kept

A comprehensive overview over the new program can be found under https://www.melia.com/nMas/jsp/C_Ventajas.jsp
It reads as if the basic level gets free internet, but higher tiers don't.
Quote: It reads as if the basic level gets free internet, but higher tiers don't.
Every member gets free internet in Melia branded hotel only. Other brands like Sol and Tryp has different stories. only top tier get free internet on other brands.

Also the late check-out is defined by member tiers which is sort of nice.

Lifetime Gold/Platinum is introduced as well. But sadly no mention of lifetime Silver...lol (too easy to obtain each year I guess)

Anyone know how the birthday free night would work?