Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2011, 2:25 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, A-Club Platinum, HH Gold, FB Silver, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, BW Rewards Diamond
Status Matching

I was wondering if SOL MELIA MAS does match status with my A CLUB or Best Western Rewards?

Thanks.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
I often stay at the Melia 21 in Brasilia, Brazil. My points have never posted on time. I have to send in a special request every time. PITA of a program. I'm just earning enough to transfer them out to an airline program. Not a great ratio but better than nothing. I only stay there in Brasilia since there aren't any Starwoods or Hiltons.
Old May 25, 2011, 10:56 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Btw, just another information for those who hasn't knew much about MAS SolMelia. Every member, although blue..would have 1 FREE NIGHT during their birthday month, applies when you book TWO NIGHTS !!! Well, it's worth of value, and you have to book on your birthday month (using that voucher) for stay 3-4 months after. ^
Old May 25, 2011, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by virtualaris
Btw, just another information for those who hasn't knew much about MAS SolMelia. Every member, although blue..would have 1 FREE NIGHT during their birthday month, applies when you book TWO NIGHTS !!! Well, it's worth of value, and you have to book on your birthday month (using that voucher) for stay 3-4 months after. ^
Tried that last year for a stay in Paris. But as it turned out, it wasn't a free night on any rate.

I had to book using a special rate which was either not available anymore, or a lot more expensive than the cheapest available rate (I don't remember exactly). So I went to a Holiday Inn instead...
Old May 27, 2011, 10:09 am

Has anyone had any success transferring points from Mas to either American or Delta. The website crashes every time I try and the US telephone number from the website says that they know nothing about the program and tell me to call Spain. I called Spain once and they said their computers were down. Useless!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
The MAS program is the pit's, just good when you are checking into a hotel in 3rd world countries(priority,preference,etc)
Old Jun 23, 2011, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
The MAS program is the pit's, just good when you are checking into a hotel in 3rd world countries(priority,preference,etc)
Pretty much. I only use it since it is my only real option in Brasilia. I then transfer points out to an airline (yes a sucky rate but better than nothing). I finally got it to work to Delta. Well, the system said it worked, I'm now waiting for my points to show up on my Delta account. I couldn't get the AA transfer to work which is what I really wanted as I gun for 2MM
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:30 am

Programs: SK*G, TK*G, AB Silver (OW Ruby), SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
I recently tried to match my SPG Gold to mas gold, was refused twice. Had a nice stay in Melia Sitges though for holiday.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:29 am

I've been a member for a little over a year. While I like a lot of Melia's hotels, their reservations system, their website, and the MAS program are almost useless.

On 3 out of 5 stays (all booked on the Sol Melia website at least 24 hours before arrival), the hotel had no record of my reservation when I showed up. Their staff who answer calls to the North American 800 number don't seem to be able to retrieve reservations booked through their website, and frequently claim that hotels that show availability online are sold out. I have found that the only way to change a booking is to cancel it on the website and rebook it on the website.

Lastly, my MAS points haven't even once been posted until I have submitted missing stay requests. Not impressive.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I just joined this program this weekend and booked a 5-night stay for December. The website was surprisingly good - far more functional, streamlined, and responsive than any of the big American chains. No stupid animations or other Ajax-y junk going on: just a nice clean site the way designed to work for travelers connecting via Wifi or cellular networks. ^

But the concerns about the hotels' not being well-integrated to the corporate site has me wondering. My question is this: when I booked my room, the website said "Our gift to you, EUR40 per day to spend in the hotel only when you book at Solmelia.com." Their rate was identical to the large Internet portal sites, so I booked there.

Now I wonder: how does the hotel know I had the 40EUR/day deal? My booking confirmation doesn't mention it and there was no way to click on the special offer banner to print off T&C's. Now Spounce's post makes me wonder if the hotel even knows I'm coming. It's one of their large higher-end Spanish hotels, the stay is well in advance, everything is straightforward.

It's a business trip...but still, it's 200EUR so I feel like I should at least try and figure out if I'll really get it.

Based on my rate, it looks like I'll earn about enough points for 1 award night. Not sure when I'll use it but hey, maybe it'll someday be my excuse to throw in an overnighter in Madrid or Barcelona.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
Based on my rate, it looks like I'll earn about enough points for 1 award night. Not sure when I'll use it but hey, maybe it'll someday be my excuse to throw in an overnighter in Madrid or Barcelona.
Or you can transfer the points to an airline. Not the best conversion rate but if you can never use the night, better than nothing. I couldn't get the AA transfer to work, but the DL one and went through very quickly.

And no, I wouldn't count on the hotel knowing about your 40 Euros credit.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 9:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, BW Plt, AY, M&M, FB G, CX Gold, AX Plat, CC gold, Le Club plt, Scandic 2nd floor
mas points to FB

Hey,
just got email where was mentioned that you can transf mas points to Flying Blue account. Do you know how many mas points equals to FB miles? Did not find anything from mas website.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Saturne-79
Hey,
just got email where was mentioned that you can transf mas points to Flying Blue account. Do you know how many mas points equals to FB miles? Did not find anything from mas website.
6 mas points equals to 1 mile of Flying Blue program.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 1:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, BW Plt, AY, M&M, FB G, CX Gold, AX Plat, CC gold, Le Club plt, Scandic 2nd floor
Originally Posted by piblo
6 mas points equals to 1 mile of Flying Blue program.
Too bad...
I think it was 2 mas for 1 miles&more!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: LH SEN, DL GM
Status Match

I just sent a request for status match from HHonors Gold to MAS Gold.
Will report when I have a reply.
Any experiences with status matches to MAS highly appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.