Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Westwood Hotel need helps for which airlines partners

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2006, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Hi all,

I just want to know about Westwood Hotel in LAX about need to know which airlines partners does earned with DL or other airlines. Can you direct to give me right website about Westwood Hotel part of other hotel. It is on the website is www.thewestwoodhotel.com and so can you chance to give me information about which airlines partners need earned skymiles or other airlines. Thanks!

Regards
Old May 8, 2006, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N830MH
I just want to know about Westwood Hotel in LAX about need to know which airlines partners does earned with DL or other airlines. Can you direct to give me right website about Westwood Hotel part of other hotel. It is on the website is www.thewestwoodhotel.com and so can you chance to give me information about which airlines partners need earned skymiles or other airlines. Thanks!
I would presume it gives NO miles with ANY airlines!

99.99% of independent (non-chain) hotels give NO miles with ANY airlines. It's too complicated for them to set up mileage if they're not part of chain. (With chain hotels, it's the chain that handles all the work.)

There are generally two exceptions:

1. Giant established resort (Las Vegas, Hawaii, etc) hotels may be big enough and famous enough to occasionally be airline partners on their own.

2. Sometimes the hotel part of Rewards Network (formerly known as iDine), if your airline has hotel rewards, not just dining rewads, will give miles for a hotel that's not part of a chain if you make a (non-refundable) reservation through the Rewards Network site for your airline. But a cursory check of sample dates at the AA hotel rewards site (I'm not a member of DL) shows OTHER hotels NEXT DOOR to Westwood Hotel participating (like Century Hotel), but not Westwood Hotel itself.

This used to be a DoubleTree, so then was part of HHonors. But now it's independent, so it's part of nothing.

If you really want to double-check, call them (there's contact info at the site you gave).

But unless they magically give some answer I'm not expecting, I'd say you'd be better of choosing a different hotel if you want miles (beyond the miles you'll get by paying with a mileage card).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.