LaQuinta Returns points expire

Old Nov 4, 2004, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, AS MVP, HH Diamond, *Wood Plat
LaQuinta Returns points expire

Just wanted to alert any flyertalkers that collect LaQuinta Returns points: When they switched to a points based system a couple of years ago, they converted stays to points. A little known feature of their program is that points expire 2 years after posting, regardless of later activity. I noticed last week that I lost 9000 points. A short call later they were reinstated along with a warning this was a 1 time curtesy.

I was told that they send out a card a few weeks before expiration warning about this, I don't remember receiving said card. I'm going to convert all my points to miles since that way I don't have to track which LaQuinta points might be expiring anytime soon.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 1:57 pm

Thanks for the info. I rarely stay at La Quinta, just last week in Orlando, but it was so bad I may never return again.

PEACE!
Old Jun 18, 2008, 8:07 am

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Platinum, Choice Diamond, Priority Club Plat, DL Silver
Now it seems they do NOT expire?

I stopped using LQ because of the points expiration even when you had stay activity but when I went to use the rest of my points today, I saw this on the website -

Points never expire as long as your account remains active

And according to the terms and conditions -

Members who do not have any stay activity within an 18-month consecutive period may be removed from the program and all accrued points will be forfeited.

This will be a welcome change, since getting at least one stay a year would not be a problem.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.