Loews First Status Match?

Old Apr 21, 2003, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Loews First Status Match?

Following the good avice on this forum, I am planning to join Loews First. Currently Hilton Gold, BW Platimun, etc. Anyone have any success getting Loews to Status Match? If so, do share!
Old Apr 25, 2003, 8:59 am

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
No experience with matching status, but if you have elite status with AA (Plat or Exec Plat) they'll compy you to Loews Gold.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Thats interesting-thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I have status on AS and NW, but not AA.
Old Apr 26, 2003, 2:41 pm

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
Try calling 1-800-LOEWS-11 and ask the agent if they'll comp you to gold given elite membership in those programs. Or ask a friend who's an AA Plat or Ex-Plat for the code, he/she can find it in the benefits manual.
Old May 28, 2003, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

They comped me to Plat from HH gold. Thanks for the advice. Looking forward to my free bottle of wine at check-in!
Old May 29, 2003, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Silver, USAir Silver HH Silver
Nice Tip! Thanks for all the info.
Old May 30, 2003, 5:53 pm

Location: California, AA EXP,HH Gold,Hyatt Diamond, *wood PLT, Amex PLT,
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MoreMiles!:
Or ask a friend who's an AA Plat or Ex-Plat for the code, he/she can find it in the benefits manual.</font>
Hi
I am AA Plat but do not know what benefits manual you mention here. Could you elaborate??. I have checked the little guide I got earlier this year and also online guide at AA but they do not mention any status at any hotels nor any codes.
Thanks
kelly786

Old May 31, 2003, 7:52 am

It could've been in the guide AA mailed out in 2002. I registered for the program then and have been Gold since, despite very few stays. E-mail me privately for the old code, hope it still works...
Old Jun 5, 2003, 5:48 am

Does your code still work?
Thanks
Old Jun 5, 2003, 5:08 pm

Try code LGLFP and let us know...
Old Jun 6, 2003, 8:23 am

The agent did not have a clue what to do with the code. Thanks anyway
Old Jun 9, 2003, 8:45 am

Odd, someone else e-mailed me saying it worked for him...
Old Jun 13, 2003, 2:42 pm

I just called the 800-Loews11 number and was told that they never comp status. Should I just try again?
Old Jun 15, 2003, 3:03 am

I was upgraded from the original Gold to Platinum recently based on my HH Diamond status (per Duckman's advice), so I'd try a different agent.
Old Jun 30, 2003, 6:33 pm

Worked for me. I just called and asked if they could comp me to Gold based on Hilton Honors status. All they asked was that I fax
them a copy oh my Hilton Honors online profile showing my Gold status. They immediately upgraded my Loews First to Gold.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.