Search

Hotels.com Overbooked Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Hotels.com Overbooked Hotel

I booked the Centara Muscat Hotel Oman on hotels.com as a prepaid rate and the hotel is totally overbooked, reception says. Now I'm just sitting in the lobby waiting for it to all get sorted out and not a lot is happening. Quite a few other people here too, mostly Arabic, as well as a couple fractious tired children. What's the situation in such a case? Just wait till they come up with a solution.

I would rather be out and about exploring Muscat instead of wasting my time like this. The Centara is a new hotel and got very good reviews online but this is not a good start with the Centara group for me. Will definitely avoid this chain in the future.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:01 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Had that happen to me with hotels.com on Bali during big holiday weekend, town sold out....
the hotel itself tried to pawn me off to some dump 10 miles away., I called hotels.com to sort it out...
if you can, go online, check for available hotels acceptable to you, then call hotels.com.
they first suggested totally unacceptable hotels at Ľ of what I paid, but after saying no a few times we arrived at a comparable hotel....
just be firm and patient....
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It finally got sorted out after I firmly and politely put a bit of pressure on. They called me up, keycards were issued and I was on my way. But there were a number of very annoyed Arab customers waiting who, understandably, didn't want me pushing in front of them. Now it's mid to late evening, I'm back at the hotel and there seems to be nobody here. Maybe they all got angry and stomped away!

Thanks very much to Fyd, for your advice and guidance. It's worth bearing in mind for the future.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
But there were a number of very annoyed Arab customers waiting who, understandably, didn't want me pushing in front of them.
I'm not sure what being Arab has to do with it. Getting angry at someone pushing in front of them would be rather universal.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

There were only Arab customers there at that time, apart from two Filipinas that managed to get themselves sorted out and disappeared really quickly. Certainly didn't want to push in front of them, given I am a guest in their country and so on. But management said I had got there before them, they had been sorting the problem out while I was sitting waiting in the lobby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.