Kimpton Monaco Brand Update?

Old Sep 3, 2015, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Kimpton Monaco Brand Update?

Has anyone else noticed that Kimpton is doing a refresh to their "Monaco" brand? Recent trip I stayed at the Pittsburgh and Chicago locations. Both are now sporting a new diamond logo with text only instead of the oval with two folks carrying suitcases.

I'm curious if this new rebranding means an attempt to align the brand in different cities, or if its an effort by IHG?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 4:26 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I think it's something we're seeing chainwide, and something that started way before the IHG acquisition. You'll notice that the new properties and properties that have been recently renovated have a very different design language than the old Kimpton. (I'll stay impartial here Some will prefer the old style, and some will prefer the new style.)

Even the animal print bathrobes seem to be on the way out, at least for new properties.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 6:16 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I don't think I've seen the Kimpton metal holder of the six or so colored Kimpton brochures in a room for a while either.

Monaco Chicago continues to have the old Monaco logo on their water.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

I didn't notice the logo change in Chicago until I logged in via Wifi as it seems the new logo is only on the website my invoice for my stay still sported the old logo too.

Checking the other Monaco websites it looks like Alexandria has switched to the diamond as well...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.