Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Kimpton IC Complimentary Night at New Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 27, 2016, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Moderator's Note - All discussions about Kimpton Hotels and the Karma Rewards program have been moved to the IHG Rewards Club Forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador-426/]

FlyinHawaiian
Volunteer Moderator
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle, HHonors Silver, Delta Gold Medallion

"Enjoy one complimentary night stay at our newest hotels and a $50 dining credit at participating restaurants."

https://www.kimptonhotels.com/promos...w-hotel-offers

The queue is growing longer for properties that have recently opened under the Kimpton brand where this benefit has not been offered. With so many new properties scheduled to come online this year, I wonder about a backlog.

Angler's Miami rebranded November 2013
Tomo San Francisco rebranded September 2014
Tideline Palm Beach rebranded December 2014
Monaco Pittsburgh opened January 2015 (available for booking through Sept. 1)
Shorebreak Huntington Beach rebranded February 2015
Carlyle, Washington D.C. rebranded May 2015

Last edited by kugelfischer; Jun 5, 2015 at 10:31 am Reason: Updated property list
Old Feb 16, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Since they just started renovations at Tomo, it's unlikely that will be offered for quite a while. Since the facility used to be a Best Western, I'd guess that there is quite a lot to be done before being at Kimpton standards. So you probably wouldn't want to stay there yet.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: WN A-list Preferred and CP, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, RIP Kimpton
Other than the weird paintings on the bedroom wall, I enjoyed my stay at Tomo in December. Yes the amenities are minimal at best...but it was nice staying at a Kimpton that wasn't in Union Square/Market St for south of $200.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: Kimpton IC, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Palladian, Seattle now available!!

Shaker + Spear, Seattle

March 1 through July 1, 2015

Hopefully Pittsburgh becomes available soon.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:44 pm

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
I booked the Goodland for the IC free night for April 2015. I don't know if this property opened this year or last, but it's bookable for that benefit
Old Feb 24, 2015, 9:03 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
I just did the Goodland last weekend on the IC free night promotion. For a free night it was fine, but in case it is not clear from Kimpton's clever marketing....this hotel with a resort fee is a.....Motel. Literally a suburban motel about 0.25 mi off of the freeway, there is nothing of interest within walking distance (if you are used to typical urban Kimptons), it is about 7-8 miles from downtown Santa Barbara.

Based on the fact that this Motel charges a resort fee with their abundant self parking...I have significant doubts about the direction Kimpton is heading and it does not surprise me at all that they took over a Best Western in SF.

If you have any questions about Goodland, please let me know. If I didn't just drive 1.5 hours to get there, I probably would have just kept driving and said no thanks.

Last edited by drewdawg199; Feb 24, 2015 at 9:28 pm
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold; IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by drewdawg199
I just did the Goodland last weekend on the IC free night promotion. For a free night it was fine, but in case it is not clear from Kimpton's clever marketing....this hotel with a resort fee is a.....Motel. Literally a suburban motel about 0.25 mi off of the freeway, there is nothing of interest within walking distance (if you are used to typical urban Kimptons), it is about 7-8 miles from downtown Santa Barbara.

Based on the fact that this Motel charges a resort fee with their abundant self parking...I have significant doubts about the direction Kimpton is heading and it does not surprise me at all that they took over a Best Western in SF.

If you have any questions about Goodland, please let me know. If I didn't just drive 1.5 hours to get there, I probably would have just kept driving and said no thanks.
Hmm. This is good intel. I may have a work trip to LA coming up and was thinking of staying a weekend at the Goodland (using the IC night and burning a soon-to-expire reward night, if nights are available). Sounds like we should do the IC night at the Goodland and then the 2nd night at the Canary? Anybody else have any reports on the Goodland?

I didn't know about the resort fee. Not sure what exactly they offer that justifies a resort fee. The list on the website doesn't really include anything that isn't offered at other Kimptons (except the self-parking, I guess).
Old Feb 25, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Pittsburgh is open for complimentary night reservations now thru Sept 1.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by jewels421
Hmm. This is good intel. I may have a work trip to LA coming up and was thinking of staying a weekend at the Goodland (using the IC night and burning a soon-to-expire reward night, if nights are available). Sounds like we should do the IC night at the Goodland and then the 2nd night at the Canary? Anybody else have any reports on the Goodland?

I didn't know about the resort fee. Not sure what exactly they offer that justifies a resort fee. The list on the website doesn't really include anything that isn't offered at other Kimptons (except the self-parking, I guess).
Yes, do that, and in that order...
Old Feb 25, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
I stayed at The Goodland last week too. {Was that you drewdog at the check out desk? The manager commented that they don't usually have 2 IC's at the desk at once}

Used my IC free night and paid for a night with a good price from a sale earlier this year. I got the $50 restaurant credit for IC and a second $50 credit for restaurant for "Warm Woolen Mittens".

The paid night came with no resort fee.

I was surprised too that this was a converted motel [Holiday Inn] but the rooms were nicely done and they did a bang up job on my amenties! No upgrade as they only have 1 suite.

Here's the biggest thing - the restaurant was EXCELLENT! We had a great dinner there and being IC, we got a few extras. My husband and I both agreed that the dinner was better than the one we had 2 days earlier at Chez Panisse! Yes, the bastion of Alice Waters and local food. I will admit that we weren't blown away by CP; we have eaten there a 1/2 dozen times and it has slowly lost its wow factor.But that's a different post on the different board.

We went to The Canary after for a night. OH my! That is the one to use a Reward night! It was wonderful. A suite, good amenities that were on my list, just not as much as the others I stayed at that weekend. [see my posts on that thread]. The bed was so comfortable. I wish we could have stayed a lot longer.

Edit - yes, do the Goodland first, then The Canary.

Last edited by DebitNM; Mar 2, 2015 at 7:49 am
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:58 am

Programs: UA Gold; IHG Spire Elite
Thanks for the feedback... if we end up actually doing this trip I'll let everyone know what I thought. In the meantime, we're booked for the Palladian in Seattle early April. I doubt I'll make it to Pittsburgh anytime soon, but you never know.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
I'm actually going to PIT in April and am trying to use the free night.

Does 1-866-424-7667 actually work? I don't think it's my iPhone...

EDIT: Finally got through... Weird.

Anyways, their system cannot book the IC free night at the Monaco Pittsburgh until Sunday, March 1. So don't bother calling until then.

Last edited by airb330; Feb 27, 2015 at 11:18 am
Old Mar 3, 2015, 6:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Just got back from Goodlands, so here's a fresh mini review.

This was a IC free night. Even though I'm no longer IC, my IC welcome amenities were waiting for me in the room. And it was the most carefully chosen amenities I have ever received from Kimpton. It matched my profile perfectly, and I doubt that was a coincidence. I felt sad knowing this would be my very last IC welcome amenities.

As DebitNM said, the onsite restaurant is phenomenal. Hands down the best hotel restaurant I've ever dined in. The highlights were the mushroom bao, pork bao, and the pork belly entree. I have no idea how they soaked such rich flavor into the heart of the thick meat. Your $50 dining credit will not be better spent elsewhere.

The property was chicly decorated, like you'd expect from a new Kimpton. I was not charged a resort fee.

The 2 drawbacks were: 1) The room was prone to outside noise. 2) There's a constant cold draft sneaking through the door cracks at night, and the motel-style heater made it too hot whenever it came on, so the night alternated between too cold and too hot.

Oh, and they gave me $50 extra raid the bar credit for the secret password. Goodness.

Last edited by italdesign; Mar 3, 2015 at 6:40 pm
Old Mar 16, 2015, 10:01 am

Programs: WN A-list CP, IHG plat, Hyatt plat, United Silver, Hilton Gold
how do you guys find out if you are eligible for these free nights? I just got IC in the past couple weeks and would love to try a couple of these new properties out!
Old Mar 16, 2015, 1:26 pm

https://www.kimptonhotels.com/promos...w-hotel-offers

See the fine print at the bottom, if you have status matched/challenged, then you need 3 qualifying stays first. Just call Karma, ask if you are eligible, and book.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.