Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Report Card: Kimpton Inner Circle Welcome Amenity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
This thread is now archived. To post in the active thread, please click here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2014, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Costco Executive Member, Safeway Club Card

Report on your Kimpton IC welcome amenity only. (I don't think it's fair to include room upgrades on this particular report card)

Please share both positive and underwhelming experiences.

Suggested Format:
-Name of Property and City
-Hit or Miss
-Concise notes (optional)
Old Jun 11, 2014, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Costco Executive Member, Safeway Club Card
Alexis Hotel (Seattle)

Hit

Nailed the beverage, snack, and included additional bonuses!
Old Jun 12, 2014, 7:51 am

Palomar, Philadelphia

Hit

Two mini-bar bottles of Maker's Mark, two Saratoga waters, one bar of dark chocolate with nuts, one high-quality cheese/fruit plate (I listed "cheese plate" as the alternative to the whiskey and chocolate), and two extra house-made treats for the dog. Delivered to the room within 10 minutes of arrival.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 8:12 am

Donovan House, Washington DC

Miss

I had received an email from the hotel asking for specific amenity requests for my stay, so my hopes were high. I asked for cava/prosecco and red velvet cupcakes. I received a bottle of cabernet and a sad cheese plate. The brie was gray and had an ammonia-like odor, the plate only came with three tiny pieces of bread, and there was no knife included to spread the cheese even if it had looked edible. This amenity was delivered two hours after check-in. No treats for the dog.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:37 am
Company Representative - Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants

Programs: Kimpton Karma Rewards
This is so helpful, everyone - keep 'em coming.
Roger, thank you for starting the thread. We'll get back to amenity awesomeness with all of your help.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:47 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Palomar, Philadelphia

Food Amenity: Hit. Home run really!
Beverage Amenity: Miss.

Food was 100% spot on in my preferences. Awesome homemade cupcakes and cookies (baked in Square 1682). Saratoga water instead of sparkling wine. It's too bad this is when I found out my husband doesn't like cupcakes much so I sadly changed this to a cheese plate going forward. Also dog treats for my labrador (everyone kept giving her treats), this place rocked with my lab. I've never felt so welcomed by everyone, including the concierge, front desk, happy hour staff, and valets.
__________________________________________________ ___________

Monaco, Chicago
Food Amenity: Technically a hit
Beverage: Miss.

While there was a cheese tray and cookies--the cookies were those Grandma cookies you can get at a 7-11 or WaWa. Water instead of sparking wine.

Helix, DC
Food Amenity: Miss
Beverage: Hit

Six small chocolate bon bons instead of a cheese plate & cookies. The chocolates were good, just not in my profile (and technically only 1 food item, not two).

Out of these last three stays, only the Monaco was disappointing for the IC amenity; Mostly because I was starving by the time we got to the room. The cheese tray was good though

Thanks Susan for listening to us. I'm very much looking forward to my next two stays in Philly at the Monaco this weekend, then back to the Palomar next weekend! ^

Last edited by airb330; Jun 12, 2014 at 11:51 am Reason: It's square 1682, not 1652 in Philly
Old Jun 12, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Really great idea. I like this for two reasons: 1) it helps give folks an idea of which properties are doing a good job, and which aren't; 2) it hopefully will provide folks with interesting new amenity items to request.

I'm

Eventi, April 2014
Food: Hit! Front desk went out to grab a bagel, which was fantastic.
Drink: Hit. Two minis of my preferred liquor. No bonus waters or other drinks.

Surfcomber, May 2014
Food: Hit. Right on target.
Drink: Miss. No beverages. Was the first stay (of 3) this happened. Other times worked well.

EPIC, April 2014
Food: Foul ball. Sweet, but no snack.
Drink: Hit. Cocktail mix from the bar.

Monaco Portland, January 2014
Food: Miss. Sweet, but no snack.
Drink: Miscommunication; ended up OK, but wasn't quite a hit.

Alexis, January 2014
Food: Communicated pretty clearly about preference, but was delivered something that was exactly what I said I did not what.
Drink: Hit, if I remember properly.

I can't remember exact specifics from previous stays, but will add my 2c that Donavan House in DC was the worst of the mix, in terms of actually reading and respecting written preferences. Otherwise, a great property though.

Other standouts (from past experiences) include: ink48, Wilshire, Palomar Chicago, Cambridge, and Monaco Philadelphia.

Weak spots on food/beverage include: Allegro (great personalization though), La Jolla (asked for a bit of time to chill wine; never brought up despite a couple of reminders), and Palomar LA (terrible all around; wasn't prepped for arrival and provided vouchers to bar which I didn't use since service was so poor).
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:30 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Morrison House, Alexandria, VA May 2014
Amenity: Complete miss.

Second time for a complete miss on the amenity. Two small piles of cut cheese and jam instead of beef jerky, gummy bears and/or caramel popcorn.

________

Burnham, Chicago Feb. 2014

Amenity: Home run

Short notice and the staff still went beyond. My Fav. Kimpton after that stay.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 12:24 am

Programs: UA 1k, SPG/Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
My amenity choices are pretty low maintenance (zero fat greek yogurt, S. Pelegrino sparkling water and fresh fruit) and I've found about 80% of my Kimpton stays get them right. I always get two, sometimes three of those choices. I may be asking for things with a fairly low cash value, but I really appreciate the benefit of having the things I like when I'm on the road in my room.

Eventi NYC
May and June 2014
Hit both times

Monaco Alexandria
May 2014
Miss (no amenity, just raid the mini bar)

Morrison House Alexandria
May 2014
Hit

Monaco Chicago
February 2014
Hit+ Hand written card about cross country ski options in Chicago when we arrived right after a snow storm (I have cross country skiing in my profile).
Old Jun 14, 2014, 6:46 pm

Monaco Philadelphia

Food: home run
Drink: grand slam! Veuve!!

Hotel went WAY way beyond what was necessary. I'll have to post pics but they've made my 29th birthday special.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 4:10 pm

Palomar (Phoenix)

Palomar (Phoenix)

Food - miss. Three pieces of whole fruit including a shriveled kiwi and a few tired looking berries.
Drink - miss. Two bottles of water in an ice bucket, where I requested gin and tonic or cabernet.

This was one of my first stays since joining IC and I was sadly disappointed. I've received warmer welcomes including handwritten notes and complimentary water was that was replaced during my stay at the Burnham in Chicago -- before I reached IC!!

(Note - whoever requested cupcakes, that is an AWESOME idea!! Might have to update my profile.)

Last edited by NWTravel; Jun 19, 2014 at 4:11 pm Reason: adding heading
Old Jun 19, 2014, 5:17 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
NWTravel:
Palomar (Phoenix)

Food - miss. .
Drink - miss.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...ssed-mark.html
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Palomar DC

Food/Drink: great effort on short notice.

Wonderful suite upgrade too.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Palomar Chicago

Beverage: hit, spot on
Food: miss, got chips and salsa, which resemble nothing in my profile
Old Jun 23, 2014, 7:00 am

Palomar Philadelphia
Beverage: Hit (Sparking wine & rum and soda)
Food: Hit (4 items actually, what's in my profile, piece of cake for my birthday and M&Ms)

Again, above and beyond what was necessary.

Two great stays in Philly in June with Kimpton as noted in this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.