Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Report Card: Kimpton Inner Circle Welcome Amenity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
This thread is now archived. To post in the active thread, please click here.
Print Wikipost

Report Card: Kimpton Inner Circle Welcome Amenity

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, Kimpton Inner Circle, Marriott Gold
Hotel Palomar Philadelphia

Room: Miss. No upgrade (I booked a Spa Suite). I was told that the hotel was pretty booked because of the Taylor Swift concert (this was 6/12)

Amenity: It felt like a miss to me. My profile requests fruit, but I booked using the birthday code so they brought me a slice of cake. So clearly there was some effort, but unfortunately I don't really like cake and no one bothered to ask.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by AtypicalProf
Room: Miss. No upgrade (I booked a Spa Suite). I was told that the hotel was pretty booked because of the Taylor Swift concert (this was 6/12)

Amenity: It felt like a miss to me. My profile requests fruit, but I booked using the birthday code so they brought me a slice of cake. So clearly there was some effort, but unfortunately I don't really like cake and no one bothered to ask.
Hotel was packed. The concert has raised rates for that weekend for over 8 months. I ended up staying at the Sheraton on points because of it. It was my birthday weekend and I really wanted to stay at a kimpton! Last year I got the presidential suite at the Monaco. Sorry you weren't upgraded but I hope you had a good birthday too!

Rates in Philly have been CRAZY for Kimpton lately. Good for them but bad for me. Bring on the third property (and the W, Element, and others that are under construction too)! More rooms are needed.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle, HHonors Silver, Delta Gold Medallion
RiverPlace, Portland (used a free-night certificate)

Upgrade -- grand slam -- upgraded from Courtyard King to the Grand Suite.

Amenity -- solid hit -- received two bottles of local IPA, two bottles of tea + lemonade, two bottles of Evian water, a Moonstruck dark chocolate bar and a big bowl of toffee peanuts.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:47 pm

Both the Palladian and the Alexis gave us someone else's welcome amenity this weekend (maybe that's one of the reasons why they give you a card?).

Palladian 1 - Bottle of screw-top wine and a cupcake. The cupcake was delicious and we ate it before the guy showed up to collect it (we didn't read the name on the card and hadn't realized it).

Palladian 2 - Homemade chips (they were good, but the exact same thing that was downstairs at wine hour at the same time), a bottle of red hook ESB ale, and a can of IPA (profile says wheat beer).

Alexis - A bottle of sparkly for our 39th anniversary according to the card (I'm not old enough for that to be possible) and 5 fake pears (I almost took a bite out of one!). I called to ask if it was a mistake and they asked someone to come up and switch it, but after 4 hours I called again and they asked if the brut would suffice. It wasn't bad, but a little sweet.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 8:08 pm

Programs: Currently: UA 1K | Previously: AS MVPG75K, SPG Gold, Kimpton IC, HH Gold
Originally Posted by discflicker
Both the Palladian and the Alexis gave us someone else's welcome amenity this weekend (maybe that's one of the reasons why they give you a card?).

Palladian 1 - Bottle of screw-top wine and a cupcake. The cupcake was delicious and we ate it before the guy showed up to collect it (we didn't read the name on the card and hadn't realized it).

Palladian 2 - Homemade chips (they were good, but the exact same thing that was downstairs at wine hour at the same time), a bottle of red hook ESB ale, and a can of IPA (profile says wheat beer).

Alexis - A bottle of sparkly for our 39th anniversary according to the card (I'm not old enough for that to be possible) and 5 fake pears (I almost took a bite out of one!). I called to ask if it was a mistake and they asked someone to come up and switch it, but after 4 hours I called again and they asked if the brut would suffice. It wasn't bad, but a little sweet.

A possible explanation:
I was in town over the weekend at Hotel Vintage and had no issues. I did recall the front desk staff telling me that they were understaffed due to the Pride Parade. Kimpton had a float.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Palomar SF, 2 night stay, first time at that property

Amenity: Slight hit - three pieces of fruit and some mixed nuts, and four 7.5oz Diet Coke cans and two 1/2 liter bottles of Arrowhead on ice.

Upgrade: Definite hit, upgraded to a two room 600-ish sf suite that was directly above the front entrance (802). Only sad thing about the suite was that the shower was pretty small.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Palladian, Seattle:

Beverage - miss. Got ESB beer, which I hate.

Food - coincidental hit. Got a delicious meat/cheese plate, which my profile doesn't specify, but it was still great.

Room - great upgrade to a beautiful corner suite.

Property is nice. Great check-in staff. I like the room decor. It's weird that it doesn't really have a lobby, though.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 6:32 am

Programs: Kimpton IC, Voila Platinum, Club Carlson Gold Elite,National EE, Hertz PC, Avis First, Sixt Platinum
South Florida

EPIC Miami:
Upgrade - Semi-Hit. Not a suite upgrade, but placed on the top floor with a beautiful full water view
Amenity - Hit. Two cocktail coupons, meat/cheese/fruit plate, and two small birthday cheesecake squares.

Angler's South Beach:
Upgrade - Homerun! Two-floor spa villa, two full baths, and private terrace with hottub
Amenity - Homerun. Bottle of champagne, Saratoga spring water, delicious French macarons

Angler's went above and beyond. The front desk supervisor actually found a Twitter post I had made 6 months ago about wanting to get out of the cold and visit Angler's -- he printed it, framed it, and had a note stating they have been waiting for me for months. Additionally, fresh oranges were provided upstairs with a great personalized note. Best amenity and experience yet by far.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 11:39 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Ink48

Solid hit.

Upgraded from Studio King to Hudson River Suite.

Amenities were a plate of donuts from Underwest Donuts (my request), a fruit and cheese platter, a box of truffles, and Coke Zeros/sparkling water.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 8:27 pm

Chicago Allegro
Room: Hit, upgraded to King Suite with Jacuzzi
Amenity: Miss, two boxes of water, a cheese & fruit plate (not on my list) and a small dish of regular peanuts.

Philadelphia Monaco
Room: Miss, then hit - at check-in was given a standard park-view king room, when I may a request for a bath tub was moved to a deluxe one bedroom suite
Amenity: Miss, then hit - nothing in either room at check-in. At check-out however they apologized and said our amenity was brought to the wrong room and instead offered a $75 dining credit. But for bonus points Kristen one of the agents at check-in had also prepared a special gift for our kid. Although at their wine social hour they were featuring doughnuts and craft beer (although no Philly beer) since it was Father's Day and juice boxes were fetched for children in attendence.

Chciago Burnham
Room: Hit, upgrade to Executive King Suite
Amenity: Grand-Slam - this is what I think makes the Burnham my favorite in Chicago even though their rooms are smaller compared to the other properties. Gretchen one of the supervisors had prepared a multi-stop monkey themed scavenger hunt throughout the hotel. That resulted in a towel-animal, a framed monkey picture, bananas, a brass monkey swizzle stick, and a round at the bar. Amazingly every staff member of the hotel I came into contact with knew about this scavenger hunt and welcomed and joked with me about it. Plus there were honey-roasted nuts, gummys, and coconut water waiting in my room for me.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 4:49 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Hotel Allegro

Upgrade - Hit. No upgrade (hotel was sold out the night I checked in) but given oversized corner King Premier room on the 18th floor. Room is +/- 500 sqaure feet and the size of a small suite, minus a dividing wall between the bedroom and living area. The bathroom is very small, though.

Amenity - Hit. I had asked for a light snack and was pretty much given the same amenity as peetahvw, except the nuts were a mix of different ones and I also was given two bottles of Coke Zero. That in itself was pretty "meh", but I also given an invitation to last night's Crave Kimpton event, celebrating the recent renovations to the hotel and showcasing the Chicago Kimptons in general. It was a fantastic event.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:22 pm

Programs: Kimpton IC, Voila Platinum, Club Carlson Gold Elite,National EE, Hertz PC, Avis First, Sixt Platinum
Nine Zero Boston

Nine Zero Boston:
Upgrade - Hit. Not a suite, but a corner room on the second to top floor with a gorgeous view. Very likely the best view on the floor.
Amenity - Homerun. Excellent fruit/cheese platter, two bottled waters, a $50 bottle of champagne, two local IPA beers, and two cupcakes. Secret phrase also yielded another bottle of wine. Add in wine hour with Sangria, wine, and craft beer, and you've got a great night. Very nice, Nine Zero!
Old Jul 25, 2015, 6:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Monaco Pittsburgh-Spectacular!

Our best Kimpton stay yet! We booked our Inner Circle free night here and used a second free night that we had earned. We were upgraded to a very large one bedroom suite. Our amenity was a nice bottle of red Zin from Sonoma plus ginormous and incredibly delicious chocolate chip cookies. The staff here is amazing. It was a busy weekend here (weddings, Pirates-Nationals baseball)-yet every staff interaction was warm, cheerful and helpful.

The Commoner Restaurant is terrific-we had both breakfast and dinner there today. Got a cheese plate, Scotch eggs and Sticky Toffee Pudding from the kitchen compliments of the chef-not sure if it was due to Inner Circle, our wedding anniversary or perhaps both. Had a nice chat with one of the chefs as he came off shift-they will be guest chefs next month at the James Beard House in NY which is an honor. They are paring up with Red Owl Tavern and Square 1682 from Philadelphia.

Wine hour here was great-very interactive and social. There is a Biergarten on the roof which appears to be a local favorite-tough to get in at night.

I love this place-they are going to have to drag me out of here tomorrow! Even the books in the room are great. The warmth of the staff really puts this place over the top.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold; IHG Spire Elite
Two Portland stays this past week -- the Monaco for work and then the Vintage this weekend for play:

Monaco -- I don't think I got an upgrade, but had already booked a suite. It was probably the nicest amenity I've ever gotten though (definitely top 3). A bottle of Oregon pinot noir, a local chocolate bar, and then a gift basket with a bunch of Oregon products (roasted hazelnuts, some maple bacon chocolate caramels, two chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies, some Tillamook cheese, a small box of crackers, a tin of salmon spread). It was impressive.

Vintage - Upgrade to a King Reserve Spa Suite -- was really nice and spacious, but was handicapped accessible so missing the spa tub. Amenity was a bottle of Oregon pinot noir, a small cheese plate, and two cupcakes from a local bakery. They left a little card in place of the cheese plate telling us to call down for the rest of our amenity. Was nice to be able to choose when it was sent up.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold; IHG Spire Elite
Hotel Allegro

Upgrade - To a King Suite.

Amenity - Forgot to change my preferences from my leisure stay last weekend, so my amenity was a little impractical given that it was just me and I arrived at 11:30 pm and left at 7:30 am. But a hit, nonetheless. A good bottle of prosecco, 5-6 squares of Ghirardelli chocolate, and a nice cheese plate (a wedge of brie, a few sweet crisps to put it on, grapes, dried apricots, almonds & walnuts).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.