Wiki Posts
Search

Kimpton stealth devaluations?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:02 am
Company Representative - Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants

Programs: Kimpton Karma Rewards
Hi Everyone,

In response to Roger's question: No. There's no need to do anything differently in order to achieve or retain Inner Circle status. It's business as usual for our awesome members as we get ready to introduce new perks and surprises and a refreshed program. We can't wait to show you what we've been working on. Luckily, we don't have to wait very long...
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:45 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I love Kimpton, but I have learned to not have a lot of confidence in the phone agents. So when looking to book award nights I have learned to call back.

My most recent experience involved a very sweet agent, but who sounded like my grandmother both in being endearing and (lack of) skill with a computer. She talked through each step she took saying things like, "Oh, l'etoile, now why is that there? That's not supposed to be there. How do you think I get rid of that." Needless to say she did not see availability at the hotel I wanted. A later call to another agent got the award nights.

So, while not the answer in all cases, it certainly can't hurt to try calling again. This was not a one-off for me with Kimpton phone agents who could not successfully handle a task.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:22 am
rc3

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle, Hilton Honors Gold, Delta Gold Medallion
Tried to book a reward night again and got "sorry, no reward nights available". I have yet to see more useless hotel rewards program. Details in this thread
Experiences With Kimpton InTouch Loyalty Program And Inner Circle Elite Level
Old Sep 25, 2014, 12:59 pm
rc3

Looks like Kimpton Hotels discovered a way to make their hotel rewards program even more useless. Since the last time I spoke to them (details here Experiences With Kimpton InTouch Loyalty Program And Inner Circle Elite Level) one of my free reward nights mysteriously disappeared. A Karma advisor I spoke to on the phone had no idea why and offered to forward my concern to management :-) Very happy that I ended my participation in this program in favor of Hilton Honors Gold, which offers real and usable benefits.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by rc3
Looks like Kimpton Hotels discovered a way to make their hotel rewards program even more useless. Since the last time I spoke to them (details here Experiences With Kimpton InTouch Loyalty Program And Inner Circle Elite Level) one of my free reward nights mysteriously disappeared. A Karma advisor I spoke to on the phone had no idea why and offered to forward my concern to management :-) Very happy that I ended my participation in this program in favor of Hilton Honors Gold, which offers real and usable benefits.
5 TOTAL FT posts - all bashing Kimpton. Helpful.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 2:49 pm
rc3

I spoke well of Hilton Honors, that's somewhat helpful No problems with Hilton after using them extensively for all travel over two month period.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Maybe rc3 found FT via a search after disappointing Kimpton stays (?) - that's kind of a valid reason to be posting almost entirely negative stuff. That being said, rc3 does lose a bit of credibility if his/her posting history re Kimpton is bash bash bash.

Spend some time on FT. Spread your knowledge. If Kimpton isn't your thing, and you've had bad experiences, please continue commenting ... but do note that the Kimpton Koolaid is strong and others will disagree (vehemently at times).

Cheers -

Originally Posted by kellyl
5 TOTAL FT posts - all bashing Kimpton. Helpful.
Originally Posted by rc3
I spoke well of Hilton Honors, that's somewhat helpful No problems with Hilton after using them extensively for all travel over two month period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.