Wiki Posts
Search

Palomar or Monaco: Chicago

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2014, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond

I'm going over Easter for two nights. The Palomar seems to be in a slightly better location while the Monaco has brand new rooms. Otherwise they seem pretty equal I guess. There is a $25 price difference between the two each night including tax, which isn't a big deal ($300 versus $250 all in).

I am Inner Circle. An upgrade would be nice. Has anyone stayed at both and prefers one over the other given the information I provided on price?

Thanks!
Old Mar 24, 2014, 11:42 am

I've stayed at both and prefer the Palomar. Location is a bit better (only couple of blocks difference) and rooms a bit more to my liking. For $25 difference, I'd certainly choose the Palomar.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
I love, love, love the window nooks at the Monaco. Very cozy and great views, and as IC you'll almost certainly get one. The window nooks alone make Monaco probably my favorite Kimpton.

Palomar is new, modern, slightly sterile all-white decor, no river views but some OK views from upper floors. Closer to red line, farther from blue line. Closer to River North, which is good or bad depending on what kind of nightlife you like or don't like.

I've had better IC upgrade luck at the Monaco. Monaco tends to give me a spacious 2-room suite; Palomar tends to give me a large room on a high floor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.