Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Program is calendar year based, so the nights/stays earned in this year determines your status next year.
Consecutive nights are always counted as one stay, regardless of guest checks in and out.

Tiers
Gateway
Upgrade: 3 stays or 9 nights
Renewal: 1 stay or 3 nights (unclear how to achieve 3 nights without fulfilling the 1 stay criteria, but this is how the rules are communicated)
Notable perk: Fruit and bottled water upon arrival

Voyager
Upgrade: 5 stays or 15 nights
Renewal: 2 stays or 6 nights
Notable perk: Upgrade at check-in (subject to availability, Club access never included even if upgraded to "club room"), 1 personalised welcome gift

Destiny
Invite only, probably revenue based, targeted to top 1% of customers
Notable perk: Limousine transfer (one way), 2 personalised welcome gifts

For members of Voyager and Destiny tier, one complimentary suite upgrade is earned after 5 stays or 15 nights. The actual voucher is difficult to obtain and to use, see post 173.

Status-matches
Unknown if 1865 does matches, but off and on they offer complimentary tiers to different card holders.
A few FF program (eg BAEC) offers comped 1865 status

In december 2016 new rules were introduced. Newspaper perk was removed Tier qualification was changed so that it can be earned by nights aswell as by stays.
1865 PRIVILEGE ENHANCEMENTS

Best Rate Guarantee
1) Respective hotel will verify and approve/deny the BRG claim.
2) Must match room type and rate type.

Langham Place Xiamen
1) Seems to provide Club L access to Voyager and above members. Need verification.
Print Wikipost

Langham 1865 Program

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2011, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Langham 1865 Program

Any other Voyager(Gold) or Destiny(Plat) members here? I'm looking for feedback to compare how so-called 1865 elites are treated under this program.

I just find little to no benefits of this program (other than the 500 airlines miles per night). I've been a Voyager (Eqv of Gold) for the past year. I'm also SPG Gold (almost Plat) and have decided to push my stays into SPG to get Plat - since 1865's criteria for Destiny is so vague and subjective.

1865's upgrades are usually downgrades in my opinion. Better located room usually equals smaller, older rooms. I've found myself sending emails before check-in - please do not upgrade me! The check-in perks (fruit, water, chocolates, etc). Meh - for me - staying frequently - what I really want is free nights, suites, upgrades for leisure stays. This program does not deliver that at all. Just some unnecessary snacks in your room at check-in.

Curious what other think about this program. I'm hoping with some customer feedback - things might improve. I like the brand and some of the properties, but the reward program needs some major overhauling before I commit any further..
Old Nov 13, 2011, 6:59 am
mxr

Programs: CX DM
Hey tluxe,

thanks for actually opening this thread on FT, havnt actually looked for an existing one but I think this is the first?

Im Voyager aswell and I found Gateway already to be a helpfull status within the langham hotels. The membership criteria with stays instead of the usual minimum nights in other hotels is quite strange to me aswell, especially when it comes to Destiny...

Theres quite a few 'cool' perks in being Voyager (luggage tags, membership card being your roomkey aswell).

I've split up your post and will answer every bit on what I've experienced:

Originally Posted by tluxe
Any other Voyager(Gold) or Destiny(Plat) members here? I'm looking for feedback to compare how so-called 1865 elites are treated under this program.
Since until now I have only stayed in the Langham / Langham place in Asia, when I arrive in HKG for instance and go to the Langham desk at the airport, they sometimes seem to notice the luggage tag and I often received a bottle (0.25) of water or a softdrink. Same goes with the Hotels in HKG, when I arrive by taxi/metro/bus they notice the luggage tag and I'll be maneuvered to the dedicated checkin desk.
Also quite a nice treatment everytime I stay in the Club L. They do try to make you feel more special than the usual guest imo.

I just find little to no benefits of this program (other than the 500 airlines miles per night). I've been a Voyager (Eqv of Gold) for the past year. I'm also SPG Gold (almost Plat) and have decided to push my stays into SPG to get Plat - since 1865's criteria for Destiny is so vague and subjective.
While it might be true that you dont get any hotel points which might later be used for free stays, you do get a few perks (wifi, 1 extra bottle of water in the bathroom and 1 extra bottle of water + fruit plate in the room)

About the Destiny criteria, I would be happy to learn myself, since limousine service to/from the airport is quite a nice perk aswell
As far as I understood it was something with being in the top 2% spenders in the top tier rooms.

1865's upgrades are usually downgrades in my opinion. Better located room usually equals smaller, older rooms. I've found myself sending emails before check-in - please do not upgrade me! The check-in perks (fruit, water, chocolates, etc). Meh - for me - staying frequently - what I really want is free nights, suites, upgrades for leisure stays. This program does not deliver that at all. Just some unnecessary snacks in your room at check-in.
Which langham are you talking about?

Curious what other think about this program. I'm hoping with some customer feedback - things might improve. I like the brand and some of the properties, but the reward program needs some major overhauling before I commit any further..
I think the 1865 tries to distinguish itself from the usual hotel program...
But I think that staying at the langham is already worth it (especially the wellness/fitness areas in Asia are wonderfull)
Old Feb 7, 2012, 12:03 am

Programs: QF Platinum, EK Platinum, HH Diamond, 1865 Voyager, Accor Platinum, Virgin Gold
Voyager here...

Hey, I'm a new FT'er and glad to see a post about 1865 here.
I'm Voyager (Gold) and usually stay at Langham Place in HK or Langham Huntington in Pasadena when in LA.

I agree about the vagueness of the Destiny program... but I do know (from doing some work with the hotel), that they do a daily ranking of all guests in the hotel on any given day, and during this process, they flag status. I was told I was the 4th highest ranked one particular day... which must be based on stays, not nights, or general status.

I have found the service at LP HK fantastic... Use of Club L - complimentary pressing of shirts etc on arrival as well as the usual water, chocolates and now and again, soft drink.

Not sure about the luggage tag - I haven't really ever seen any benefit from that.

Pasadena is less impressive, although a nice old hotel - the Americans haven't quite embraced the eastern service philosophy which the WHQ are pushing from HK.

For a few stays a year, you're pretty much guaranteed to retain some upgrade status which compared to other programs, is a fairly small investment.

They have just undertaken a massive round of research from their current members to re-evaluate the program... It'll be interesting to see what happens.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 12:58 am
mxr

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by platinumboy
Hey, I'm a new FT'er and glad to see a post about 1865 here.
I'm Voyager (Gold) and usually stay at Langham Place in HK or Langham Huntington in Pasadena when in LA.
Hi platinumboy and welcome to FT!

Its nice to see you dedicated your first post to 1865.

Actually, I believe that 5 stays a year at langham hotels is not that easy to achieve if your travel pattern doesnt bring you to Asia a lot, there are just not enough Hotels in the group for now. Im glad to see though, that they are rapidly adding Hotels all over Asia and the US. But other than that you are right about the quite small amount of stays you have to invest for a few nice perks.

Just called the LP HK a few days ago and kindly asked them if it was possible for me to have a package sent to the hotel so I could pick it up, even though I am currently not staying there. After a few minutes the lady on the phone got back to me and said that usually they wouldnt do this but since Im a Voyager they would be glad to help me out.
I really appreciate such small details!

Originally Posted by platinumboy
They have just undertaken a massive round of research from their current members to re-evaluate the program... It'll be interesting to see what happens.
Would be nice to learn more about that.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 8:45 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Wonder if anybody else have experiences with their membership program....
Old Jun 8, 2012, 9:09 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
So apparently one gets 1865 Voyager free with a Visa Infinite card.
http://www.langhamhospitalitygroup.c...sainfinite.htm
Old Jun 10, 2012, 5:08 am

For Visa Signature card holders, you get Gateway member.

http://www.langhamhospitalitygroup.c...asignature.htm

Gonna signup and try it out...
Old Jul 22, 2012, 5:30 am

Hope to see more comments on the 1865 program.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 7:34 am

Programs: AC Elite
Guys brilliant.
This works.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:06 pm

I got my Voyager membership with VISA Infinite card.

I will try out Hong Kong Langham Place and Boston Langham soon (that's enough for me to renew the membership for the next year!). I really look forward to see ho good/bad they are!
Old Aug 14, 2012, 8:22 am

Do post your experiences with the program.

I hope to visit a Langham here in Asia probably by beginning of 2013.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 8:08 am

Anybody with recent stay in Langham care to comment on their experience with the program?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:51 am

I stayed in two Langham hotel recently, the experience is just awesome!

1. Langham Place Hong Kong
- It was a few days before my birthday. They prepared me a birthday cake!
- handwritten welcome card, with signature of all staff in the relation team. I feel like home
- I stayed in studio place. The room is so excellent http://hongkong.langhamplacehotels.c...rime_place.htm
- very convenient to do shopping in Mong Kok. I will definitely choose it again when I visit HK

privilege with Voyager membership:
- free water x 2 + coke x 2 + fruit platter on arrival
- one more free newspaper everyday
- birthday cake (out of expectation!)
- room upgrade (but i didn't requested for it, since the class above studio place is not my favourite...
- free internet

=========

2. Langham Place Boston

I stayed for 5 days. another awesome experience
- free breakfast everyday. I love their traditional breakfast and will visit them again just for the breakfast!
- free internet
- free room upgrade... i am upgraded to a more spacious room
- free water, softdrink, fruit platter, + newspaper
- the staff are really nice. carry luggage for me on my arrival and departure, not asking for tips until i give them (actually the staff denied my tips)

I feel like home in Langham hotel and will definitely visit them again
Just with 2 stays per year, my voyager membership can be renewed!
Old Sep 18, 2012, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by simonlui
I stayed in two Langham hotel recently, the experience is just awesome!

1. Langham Place Hong Kong
- It was a few days before my birthday. They prepared me a birthday cake!
- handwritten welcome card, with signature of all staff in the relation team. I feel like home
- I stayed in studio place. The room is so excellent http://hongkong.langhamplacehotels.c...rime_place.htm
- very convenient to do shopping in Mong Kok. I will definitely choose it again when I visit HK

privilege with Voyager membership:
- free water x 2 + coke x 2 + fruit platter on arrival
- one more free newspaper everyday
- birthday cake (out of expectation!)
- room upgrade (but i didn't requested for it, since the class above studio place is not my favourite...
- free internet

=========

2. Langham Place Boston

I stayed for 5 days. another awesome experience
- free breakfast everyday. I love their traditional breakfast and will visit them again just for the breakfast!
- free internet
- free room upgrade... i am upgraded to a more spacious room
- free water, softdrink, fruit platter, + newspaper
- the staff are really nice. carry luggage for me on my arrival and departure, not asking for tips until i give them (actually the staff denied my tips)

I feel like home in Langham hotel and will definitely visit them again
Just with 2 stays per year, my voyager membership can be renewed!
Thanks for the review, hope to see more.

I wonder what's the main difference in concept between Langham and Langham Place hotels...
Old Sep 26, 2012, 8:04 am

Any Destiny members care to share their experiences?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.