Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Program is calendar year based, so the nights/stays earned in this year determines your status next year.
Consecutive nights are always counted as one stay, regardless of guest checks in and out.

Tiers
Gateway
Upgrade: 3 stays or 9 nights
Renewal: 1 stay or 3 nights (unclear how to achieve 3 nights without fulfilling the 1 stay criteria, but this is how the rules are communicated)
Notable perk: Fruit and bottled water upon arrival

Voyager
Upgrade: 5 stays or 15 nights
Renewal: 2 stays or 6 nights
Notable perk: Upgrade at check-in (subject to availability, Club access never included even if upgraded to "club room"), 1 personalised welcome gift

Destiny
Invite only, probably revenue based, targeted to top 1% of customers
Notable perk: Limousine transfer (one way), 2 personalised welcome gifts

For members of Voyager and Destiny tier, one complimentary suite upgrade is earned after 5 stays or 15 nights. The actual voucher is difficult to obtain and to use, see post 173.

Status-matches
Unknown if 1865 does matches, but off and on they offer complimentary tiers to different card holders.
A few FF program (eg BAEC) offers comped 1865 status

In december 2016 new rules were introduced. Newspaper perk was removed Tier qualification was changed so that it can be earned by nights aswell as by stays.
1865 PRIVILEGE ENHANCEMENTS

Best Rate Guarantee
1) Respective hotel will verify and approve/deny the BRG claim.
2) Must match room type and rate type.

Langham Place Xiamen
1) Seems to provide Club L access to Voyager and above members. Need verification.
Print Wikipost

Langham 1865 Program

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
I'm new to this program thanks to an Eaton Chelsea Toronto (formerly Delta Chelsea) status match to Voyager from Delta Plat+ . Never been at one of their properties but its a nice gesture from Langham so I'll try them. Will see if the Toronto location changed much in the transition.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...l#post21007606
Old Jun 29, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AF/KL Gold, 1865 Voyager, Le Club Platinum, HHonors Gold
Having looked at your link, started to get concerned regarding my benefits as a "regular" Voyager member..

Clicked back to the "Membership" tab and everything was right with the world, well there's the mileage accelerator but I was more concerned about the omission of the upgrade availed to regular Voyager members...
Old Jun 29, 2013, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Gunnar Smithsen
Having looked at your link, started to get concerned regarding my benefits as a "regular" Voyager member..

Clicked back to the "Membership" tab and everything was right with the world, well there's the mileage accelerator but I was more concerned about the omission of the upgrade availed to regular Voyager members...
Seems the Chelsea version of Voyager is made to be more like Delta Plat + with the free full breakfast benefit but not the "best available room at time of booking" benefit. The Chelsea has better aeroplan earning's though as Delta Plat+ was a straight 1500 miles vs Chelsea at 1000 per night/3000 max. Special extras are specific to Toronto stays though...."Chelsea Voyager members are entitled to special privileges at Eaton Chelsea, Toronto but enjoy the same benefits as Voyager members at the other properties".
Old Jun 29, 2013, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck
That's a good question, wonder if anybody have experienced it yet. Here's some questions I can think of:

1) Do we get the voucher automatically after meeting the requirements? Or do we have to request for it?
2) Paper voucher or online voucher?
3) Expiration date of the voucher?
4) How do we use it? Key-in a code during booking or have to call the hotel direct for reservations?
5) Does the suite upgrade lasts for entire stay?

I just received free Voyager status from the new Eaton Chelsea in Toronto and my paper suite upgrade voucher expires Dec 15 2013 although I received it June 28 so within the calendar year. Has a code to offer at booking.

Terms

- Paid Stay up to three nights
- Subject to Availability
- Advance reservation must be made directly with the property
- Intention to use the voucher must be made at time of booking
- Non transferrable
Old Jun 29, 2013, 9:43 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Points Surfer
I just received free Voyager status from the new Eaton Chelsea in Toronto and my paper suite upgrade voucher expires Dec 15 2013 although I received it June 28 so within the calendar year. Has a code to offer at booking.

Terms

- Paid Stay up to three nights
- Subject to Availability
- Advance reservation must be made directly with the property
- Intention to use the voucher must be made at time of booking
- Non transferrable
Interesting, thanks for the details. ^
Old Jun 29, 2013, 9:49 pm

Post The Langham, Xintiandi, Shanghai - Review

First time staying here and all the reviews on Tripadvisor does not lie. Fantastic service throughout from everyone I've met and spoken to, briefly or otherwise.

Was here for 2 separate stays in corner rooms 1501 & 1601 overlooking the sprawling city. There's a control panel by the bedside to control most of the room functions including lighting and curtains. Comfy sofa and a nice King bed with well placed furniture fills up the corner room nicely. Don't forgot the spacious bathroom and high tech toilet seat.

Breakfast at the Cachet restaurant in the lobby had a nice spread with something for everyone. Tried the Tiffin High Tea Set for 2 and I definitely recommend it!

P.S. I booked a regular Grand Room but was not offered any upgrades during check-in. I politely asked if there were any complimentary upgrades available and after checking availability they moved me to a corner room (which was the next category). I did tried their Best Rate Guarantee claim but wasn't successful.

Pictures

Last edited by lcpteck; Jul 2, 2013 at 7:48 am Reason: fixin my english..
Old Jul 2, 2013, 3:29 am

Received my 1865 "welcome pack" today - having applied for it in May via a credit card offer.

I must say it's the nicest looking presentation I've seen of the hotel programs that I'm a member of. Even the wife asked where hers was...

But no suite upgrade voucher as mentioned by Points Surfer - however wasn't expecting it, having not earned it yet
Old Jul 2, 2013, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Gunnar Smithsen
Received my 1865 "welcome pack" today - having applied for it in May via a credit card offer.

I must say it's the nicest looking presentation I've seen of the hotel programs that I'm a member of. Even the wife asked where hers was...

But no suite upgrade voucher as mentioned by Points Surfer - however wasn't expecting it, having not earned it yet
Yes with the pink pkg it came in my wife though it was for her lol. Certainly the most impressive membership pkg I've received. Starting to think the suite upgrade voucher I received was unique to the Delta Chelsea to Eaton Chelsea offer.

This website has a good picture of the pkg if anyone's interested
http://www.passportphysician.com/201...e-package.html
Old Jul 7, 2013, 4:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Langham Chicago to open in Historic Mies Van der Rohe Building

Sandwiched between the silvery curvature of the Trump tower and the twin corncob structures of Marina City, the former IBM Building, a starkly rectilinear monolith designed by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, becomes home this week to one of the world's swankiest hotel brands.

The Langham, Chicago, a posh 316-room inn carved out of floors 2 to 13 of the 52-story office building at 330 N. Wabash Ave., will open its doors Wednesday, with the intention of taking on Chicago's highest echelon of hotels, including its soaring neighbor along the Chicago River, the Trump International Hotel & Tower.

"Trump has been very successful there, and that really gave us a lot of confidence in that location," said Brett Butcher, CEO of Langham Hospitality Group. "It's good to have competition around you. It makes you better, don't you think?"

The management company, and its Hong Kong-based parent, Great Eagle Holdings, the project's owner, are taking a big gamble. Great Eagle is investing about $250 million, with the aim of converting the former office space into ultraluxe accommodations that can command $400 a night for guest rooms and $6,000 a night for its fanciest suite.

While its brand is known and highly respected in Europe and Asia, Langham is a relative newcomer in North America. In the Chicago market, it is up against formidable rivals, notably the Trump, the Peninsula, the Four Seasons and the Waldorf Astoria. The five-star contender is coming to market after a lull in hotel construction, but the pipeline is filling up, which could boost downtown supply by about 10 percent over the next few years. And its design choices already are generating intense scrutiny within Chicago's architecture community, with some questioning whether it sufficiently keeps with Mies' modernist style.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...,5219727.story
Old Jul 16, 2013, 12:04 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, *G, OW G, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat
tried to apply today and the server timed out on me. Hopefully this is just a temporary outage.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 12:08 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, *G, OW G, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat
scratch that.

Looks like it is fixed now ^
Old Jul 18, 2013, 2:03 am

2 new Langham properties for Bangkok?

So I was doing some totally unrelated research on the interwebs when I came across some information regarding 2 new Langham properties to be established in BKK.

* The Langham Bangkok Sukhumvit
* Langham Place Phyathai Bangkok

And a third Thai property in Phuket: Langham Place Miora Resort + Spa, Kalim Bay

This discovery has now distracted my otherwise productive unrelated research.

Anyone else have any info regarding the above?

I'd be rather chuffed if they do come to fruition as it would make my annual requalification for Voyager a fait accomplis

Further distractive searching reveals that it was "scheduled" to open last year with the last available media showing a date of 2011.

Has this gone tits up or is it the usual thainess construction delays?
Old Jul 23, 2013, 2:40 pm

Anyone has experience with Langham's Best Rate Guarantee Program?
I filed a BRG claim last week and they still have not replied to me.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by cyclotron
So far only 1 successful claim by one of the guys, read from post #41 onwards.

It seems that individual properties are handling the BRG claim instead of one central team for the whole organization.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by cyclotron
As mentioned above, I have a BRG stay in November at Langham Place Hong Kong.

The turn around on my claim was roughly less than 12 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.