Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

New Year's Eve at Kimpton Hotels

Old Sep 28, 2014, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold; IHG Spire Elite

My husband and I are doing some planning for the holidays and are thinking of taking a 2-3 day trip "somewhere" for New Year's. We live on the West Coast and will be in Chicago for Christmas -- so could be anywhere here, there, or in between. Anybody have any experience with Kimpton hotels that do something special for New Year's? Looks like the Sky Hotel in Aspen typically has a big party -- might be a bit scene-y or young for us (we're in our mid-30s), but the hotel looks beautiful and plenty to do in Aspen in the winter... Any experiences there or at other Kimpton properties on NYE?
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:33 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
We spent it in Sedona last NYE at Amara. It was wonderful! So pretty in Sedona at that time of year.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

The Amara was the other one I was thinking of, DebitNM. I've been wanting to check it out since it converted (and I've never been to Sedona -- husband has and says I'll love it). Did they do anything special for NYE?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Costco Executive Member, Safeway Club Card
Originally Posted by jewels421
My husband and I are doing some planning for the holidays and are thinking of taking a 2-3 day trip "somewhere" for New Year's. We live on the West Coast and will be in Chicago for Christmas -- so could be anywhere here, there, or in between. Anybody have any experience with Kimpton hotels that do something special for New Year's? Looks like the Sky Hotel in Aspen typically has a big party -- might be a bit scene-y or young for us (we're in our mid-30s), but the hotel looks beautiful and plenty to do in Aspen in the winter... Any experiences there or at other Kimpton properties on NYE?
Mid 30's swagger is the best accessory to wear to a party. ^
Old Sep 30, 2014, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RogerMurdock
Mid 30's swagger is the best accessory to wear to a party. ^
Hmm. Maybe I could request some of this "swagger" you speak of as part of my amenity.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 7:46 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
There was a nice dinner available. And they had make your own s'mores out at the fire pits. And a soak in the hot tub was nice. It was pretty mellow; but then, so are we!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.