Search

Swissôtel - Late Check-Out

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2013, 7:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Swissôtel - Late Check-Out

I am overall pleased with Swissôtel but this weekend I had a strange experience.

As a Swissôtel Circle Eleva member I can get late check-out (if available). Late check-out is 4 PM in my understanding. That's at least how it works in most loyalty programs.

When I asked the front desk clerk if late check-out would be possible for today (Sunday) he unwillingly approved «as an exeption» until 3 PM. I was told that late check-out is only a Zenit benefit and only until 2 PM. This is clearly a wrong information. The Swissôtel websites clearly state that Eleva and Zenit members are eligible for late check-out. There might be a discussion about the time.

The front desk cleark offered 4 PM check-out against cash. So that means that rooms are clearly available. And also all room types were bookable on the website. So, it was not a question of availability but a queston of revenue.

On the same time, there is also a promotion running called «book smart, stay smarter!». That promotion says that late check-out until 4 PM is given if available and booked on www.swissotel.com.

I did not mainly focus my request for late check-out based on my status (but on the above-mentioned promotion. The discussion went then to some very strange directions. First I was told that the promotion is only for another hotel. Then, the front desk clerk told me that I did not book on the Swissotel website. This was hardly possible since I was there on a BRG. And finally I was informed that rooms are indeed available but they will be needed the day after my check-out (i.e. on Monday), and if I did a 4 PM check-out on Sunday that would require the hotel to have the cleaning staff to work longer on Sunday... What a silly and strange argumentation...

What is the "4 PM check-out" good if the hotel does not want to grant it?
Old Sep 23, 2013, 8:50 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
I just stayed at Swissotel aswell yesterday and I asked about the 4pm late check-out too.
At first he said he wasn't sure then I said it was on the website..then he was going to speak to the Manager and get back to me but in the end he just gave me the 4pm check-out.

One good thing now is I email ahead to the Exec Lounge staff and they look after my booking!!
Old Sep 23, 2013, 2:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
I wish there was a lounge in «my locations»

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.