Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Shangri-La Villingili Resort and Spa, Maldives Report

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2010, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold

Stayed at this resort in early October, booked a Beach Villa with a private pool, It wasnt the best of villas (villa 102 I guess), we had a beach that we couldnt go to because the beach were all rocks and couldnt walk over there, So I complained to the management because I had earlier requested to be in the other side of the island (Serenity bay) which is the best side of the island.

So after a day only they transferred us to villa 201 which is over serenity bay which is way better than the other side with a lovely beach but I could say that 204-206 were even better, so after enjoying a swim or two the shower was going from cold to hot then cold to hot and so on, so I complained and the engineer came to fix it for 2 to 3 hours (they offered complimentary spa treatment for this) so we came back and the water is still the same, So I complained again and I was really outraged by this since we can't have a simple hot shower at an expensive resort, I've been to the W and the four seasons landaa giravaru before and never experianced anything like this.

So I literally wanted to leave the resort and they could book us the rest of the stay (3 nights) at the Shangri-La Dubai since we had a connecting flight three days later with Emirates, they went ahead and said they will try.

At this time while were waiting my wife told me that she was enjoying this place and wanted to stay (I couldnt say no to that), so I called them again to let them transfer us to a tree house villa since my wife wanted to have a good view of the resort, but they offered to give us Villa Laluu (208) which is the biggest beach villa they got (over 10,000 sqft), It had two bed rooms and a seperate living room, work desk, mini jym, small kitchen connected to a small bedroom and an in villa spa room.

Even though the first 4 days were kinda bad, but they made it up with the last 3 days in Villa Laluu where we didnt leave it at all and really enjoyed the place.

The food was amazing, the spa was great too.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

pics of laluu?
Old Dec 8, 2010, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
pics of laluu?

Here you go, Sorry I didnt know how to make them small

This is just after the enterance of the Villa, keeping in mind there is another entrance (the main entrance) where the buggy comes us to pick you up from.

This is the message room, it's just a cross from the bathroom.

Outdoor shower at night

Jacuzzi with waterfalls

Fountains at night

These are pics from the deck infront of the main bedroom villa

pic of the pool from the bedroom, you can see the other villa in the other side

Enterance at night

Bathroom

View from deck

My wife has a 30 minute video of the place too.

I didnt take pics of the living room which was BIG, the 2nd bedroom which we never went there really (it had 2 Single beds), The kitchenette connected to the small bedroom, The small gym, the office and the really big indoor rainfall shower. But maybe my wife has some pics of them though I doubt it (only the video).
Old Dec 8, 2010, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks ^

so before the entrance (behind fence in pic) is just a big garden?
http://www.greenholiday.com.sg/mle/shangrila2.pdf
Old Dec 8, 2010, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
thanks ^

so before the entrance (behind fence in pic) is just a big garden?
http://www.greenholiday.com.sg/mle/shangrila2.pdf
Actually no, It's like a walk from the main gate to the other enterance

This is a pic of the main enterance

and here's how it is just as you enter

And that's the deck of the other enterance, usually we get the buggies up to there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.