Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2013, 8:12 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by HumbleBee
Harbor view is not the basic room
Thank you for your reply. I actually completed my stay already - didn't book with points, paid cash for a Harbor View Room. Stay was fabulous!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 9:07 pm

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Does Shanggri-La do BRG's
Old Feb 17, 2013, 4:35 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Has any other Diamond members received the birthday suite upgrade certificate gift? I'm a bit frustrated that I haven't scored an upgrade at all with Shang in all my stays, and the benefits (companion free, breakfast free) mean nothing to me when I'm on a corporate rate by myself and my rate already includes breakfast. Seems like it would be nice to trade out those valueless benefits for an upgrade and in fact, if I don't get a certificate before my next trip, I'll book away from Shang this year.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 5:56 am
JRK
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, *G (ASIANA); GS DM, Hilton Gold
Birthday upgrade vouchers

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Has any other Diamond members received the birthday suite upgrade certificate gift? I'm a bit frustrated that I haven't scored an upgrade at all with Shang in all my stays, and the benefits (companion free, breakfast free) mean nothing to me when I'm on a corporate rate by myself and my rate already includes breakfast. Seems like it would be nice to trade out those valueless benefits for an upgrade and in fact, if I don't get a certificate before my next trip, I'll book away from Shang this year.
I received 3 vouchers (3 days each) for my birthday last year. This year, I did not get any - but then again, I had renewed DM unusually early and had a nice letter appreciating the fact accompanied with 3 vouchers. It looks like GC is trying to make it a real surprise when the vouchers come.... not something to be "entitled to" at every birthday
Old Mar 13, 2013, 5:25 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
I'm calling BS on multiple elements of Shangri-La at this point.

I asked why for my 19 night stay - where the first 3 nights I was Jade and the last 16 nights I was Diamond, I only received the Jade bonus.

The Response:

Please be informed that all your hotel stays will have to go through validation process once being captured by our system after check out. Only the qualifying stays will be counted towards your Golden Circle membership. Any qualified members will be upgraded to corresponding membership levels upon completion of the upgrade process. The process takes approximately 1-2 weeks from the last check out date.

Hence, we are sorry that we could not comply your request to apply the Diamond member benefit of 50% bonus on GC Award Points to your last stay from the 3rd night, as the mentioned stay is not completed yet. Your kind understanding is highly appreciated.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we may be of further assistance to you. We are also pleased to inform you that Golden Circle Member Services is now available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You may contact us at any of the international toll-free numbers listed on our website.

So, I guess there's no room for any manual posting after the fact in recognition of my over 70 nights, no room upgrades, a free meal each morning that is already in my negotiated rate.... It's time to try the Peninsula. At least I hear their service is very genuine.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 8:56 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JRK
I received 3 vouchers (3 days each) for my birthday last year. This year, I did not get any - but then again, I had renewed DM unusually early and had a nice letter appreciating the fact accompanied with 3 vouchers. It looks like GC is trying to make it a real surprise when the vouchers come.... not something to be "entitled to" at every birthday
I didn't get any for my birthday last August, but my colleague just got his last week. We have a similar stay profile ~70 nights.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 12:23 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Traders Orchard Gateway, Singapore

Based on this recent news report, Traders Hotel Orchard Gateway will be opened sometime in the 2nd quarter of 2014. It's right smack along Orchard Road, heavy construction is still going on but the building structure is in place.

It is the 4th property of Shangri-La group and 2nd Traders hotel in Singapore.
Old May 21, 2013, 3:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
award stay question

Apologies if this is covered here somewhere, but I couldn't find the answer with the search function.

I'm new to GC (typically a Hyatt guy), but have gone from zero to diamond due to a long stay as part of a relocation. I was lucky that the property was also running a triple points promo, so I am now sitting on ~60k points ready to be used for the family.

My question is - does Shangri-la grant diamond benes (primarily horizon club access) on award stays or only on paid stays?

Thanks!
Old May 22, 2013, 6:52 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bostonpilot
My question is - does Shangri-la grant diamond benes (primarily horizon club access) on award stays or only on paid stays?

Thanks!
I've gotten full diamond bennies on all my award stays.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 6:31 am
JRK
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, *G (ASIANA); GS DM, Hilton Gold
Award Stay benefits

Originally Posted by bostonpilot
Apologies if this is covered here somewhere, but I couldn't find the answer with the search function.

I'm new to GC (typically a Hyatt guy), but have gone from zero to diamond due to a long stay as part of a relocation. I was lucky that the property was also running a triple points promo, so I am now sitting on ~60k points ready to be used for the family.

Thanks!
I am just in the middle of an award (upgraded) stay at the beautiful Guilin Property, using a combination of GC vouchers and points to upgrade to suite. My wife and I have been using the HC lounge the whole stay. Alsways worked like a charm on all our past (full) award stays, too.

BdW: The (almost new) Guilin property is defenitely worth a visit. The scenary alone form the HC lounge is amazing.... Will be checking out Fuzhou, Wuzhou, Ninbo and the new Shnaghai Property next.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 12:39 am

Has anyone redeemed GC points for food vouchers? Can anyone explain the process?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 9:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, JAL Sapphire
Originally Posted by GEXPO
Has anyone redeemed GC points for food vouchers? Can anyone explain the process?

Done it multiple times, but always with the same hotel (Far Eastern Plaza Taipei), so not sure if the process is the same for others.

This is what I did: use the website to convert points to F&B voucher. Print out the confirmation e-mail (or can just jot down the confirmation number). ON THE DAY of dining at the hotel, go to the hotel's business center and show the confirmation e-mail/confirmation number. Business center confirms the award and prints out a letter to show as evidence. The letter also shows the amount (in local currency) that you can use. Simply give the letter to the waiter upon getting the check. That's it!

Bear in mind that no change will be given, so any unused portion will be forfeited.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Chihster
Done it multiple times, but always with the same hotel (Far Eastern Plaza Taipei), so not sure if the process is the same for others.

This is what I did: use the website to convert points to F&B voucher. Print out the confirmation e-mail (or can just jot down the confirmation number). ON THE DAY of dining at the hotel, go to the hotel's business center and show the confirmation e-mail/confirmation number. Business center confirms the award and prints out a letter to show as evidence. The letter also shows the amount (in local currency) that you can use. Simply give the letter to the waiter upon getting the check. That's it!

Bear in mind that no change will be given, so any unused portion will be forfeited.
Thanks a lot for the info. Is there any limit of voucher number which could be used per table? And can I gift it to my parents for example? Thanks a lot.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, JAL Sapphire
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Thanks a lot for the info. Is there any limit of voucher number which could be used per table? And can I gift it to my parents for example? Thanks a lot.

They didn't check my ID, so I guess theoretically anyone can pick up the redemption voucher using the confirmation number. They also do not check for ID when you present the voucher for payment at the restaurant. I didn't encounter any limit on # of vouchers, but I have only used at most 2 during one seating.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 2:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by Chihster
They didn't check my ID, so I guess theoretically anyone can pick up the redemption voucher using the confirmation number. They also do not check for ID when you present the voucher for payment at the restaurant. I didn't encounter any limit on # of vouchers, but I have only used at most 2 during one seating.
Max 200$ in vouchers per transaction/tab.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.