Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2012, 7:42 am
JRK
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, *G (ASIANA); GS DM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MAN-FF
I'm at the Abu Dhabi Shangri-La property for the next ten days and have just signed up to Golden Circle. I have a couple of queries though:

1) I have added my BA Executive Club membership number to the account in order to earn airline miles (Avios). Do I automatically earn both GC points AND Avios or can I only earn one or the other? If the latter, where do I choose my preference as I can't see an option for it online.

Thanks in advance for advice anyone can offer.

MAN-FF
One more point to note: GC point transfer 1:1 to most airline FFPs. However, if you choose airmiles, it is usually 500 per stay. So for your stay, I would say it is better to get GC points first and you can later transfer if need be. Also if you get status bonus(once you become Gold Member), it is only on GC, not on airmiles. I only specify airmiles for one night stays, when the 500 miles would be more than the (spend based) GC points. You tell front desk your choice upon check out.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Free JADE card for LH SEN

I just got a letter in the mail from LH M&M, offering free Jade level until Dec/2013 Apply by 30/Sep

Also 1000 M&M miles per stay between 1/Sep and 30/Nov/21012

I don't know if this is for ALL SENs or a really targeted promo. The letter included a GC application form - it is pre-printed with the picture of a Jade card
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:48 pm

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I just got a letter in the mail from LH M&M, offering free Jade level until Dec/2013 Apply by 30/Sep

I don't know if this is for ALL SENs or a really targeted promo. The letter included a GC application form - it is pre-printed with the picture of a Jade card
Im a UK SEN and I also got the offer
Old Aug 26, 2012, 1:55 am

Programs: LH SEN, AA

Could anyone successfully FAX the application?
I always got "no answer"
Old Oct 1, 2012, 12:09 am

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...

I got the same offer as a SEN and sent the application over a month ago without any response so far. Anyone received their card yet?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 9:01 pm

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
I contacted GC and they have processed the Jade membership LH SEN offer. They changed my membership number so I had to register onlinewith the new number. Card should arrive in 4-6 weeks...
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:01 am

The "cash advance" means that you can draw cash in local curreny on your credit card -and this is the main point- without it beeing booked as a "cash Advance" on your cc (with some 30% financing charges etc). The amount of the Cash advance just gets added to your bill and you settle it through your CC with the rest of your hotel stay.

ImO a great GC benefit, as it is very convenient. And there is just no better feeling then actually GETTING cash upon check out..... Of course you have to pay up eventually!
Would be interesting to know if this works at Traders Hotel in Yangon, given the variations in currency in Myanmar. Would they offer an advance in Kyats or USD? Wish I'd tried it when I stayed there.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 6:22 am

Programs: AC*SE 2MM, Asia Miles, SPG Gold (life), HH Gold, Golden Circle Jade
Got a strange letter today. They "offered" me upgrade to Diamond membership with one additional night, despite only needing two nights to get to Diamond. 1 night off when I'll probably stay more than one night anyway? Gee thanks! That wasn't even worth the stamp.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 7:08 am

Anyone managed to get a status match to GC from other top tiers hotel programs?
Their reply to my query was a very strict "Golden Circle does not have tier matching with the membership programmes of other hotel groups".
Cheers.

Last edited by TheShis; Nov 10, 2012 at 3:03 am
Old Nov 11, 2012, 5:37 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by TheShis
Their reply to my query was a very strict "Golden Circle does not have tier matching with the membership programmes of other hotel groups".
Cheers.
Some years back we had a corporate rate with them and travel tried unsuccessfully any number of times to negoatiate this. After 10 years as a preferred vendor they were dropped.

Anyone know of any recent changes?
Old Nov 11, 2012, 5:43 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TheShis
Cheers.
I showed them my Hilton Diamond and InterContinental RA earlier this year and asked for a match. They told me the same. Ended up earning Diamond at Shangrila the hard way.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
I am looking at staying at the Shangri-la Kowloon hotel in Hong Kong. The points redemption rate is 6500 for a standard room and 8500 for an Horizon room. Is the Deluxe Harbor View room considered a standard room? It's not listed under the Horizon rooms, but it isn't a standard room either (which I am assuming would be the Premier room), so I'm not really sure how many points would be needed for that room. Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 4:33 pm

Are there any current "fast-track" promotions at the moment?

All I can find is the "Chinese New Year Holiday Room Package" including, among free breakfast and late check-out, double/ triple GC points. But that probably does not mean nights are counted double, does it?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 9:26 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by bachfreak
Are there any current "fast-track" promotions at the moment?

All I can find is the "Chinese New Year Holiday Room Package" including, among free breakfast and late check-out, double/ triple GC points. But that probably does not mean nights are counted double, does it?
Yeah only counted for the GC points it seems.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by friedablass
I am looking at staying at the Shangri-la Kowloon hotel in Hong Kong. The points redemption rate is 6500 for a standard room and 8500 for an Horizon room. Is the Deluxe Harbor View room considered a standard room? It's not listed under the Horizon rooms, but it isn't a standard room either (which I am assuming would be the Premier room), so I'm not really sure how many points would be needed for that room. Thanks!
Harbor view is not the basic room

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.