Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program

Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program

Old Dec 25, 2010, 3:57 am

Programs: SKF, ROP, SPG, SL Golden Circle, Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriot
GC does not think they need to reply to any guest questions, I do not think I need to take any trouble to stay in their hotels too.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 1:52 am
JRK
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, *G (ASIANA); GS DM, Hilton Gold
Cebu's Mactan Shangri-La Resort & Spa

The Family and I just returned from a great year end vacation at the CEB SL. The management and staff there really went out of their way to make this a perfect stay for us, I am pleased to report that DM status still receives the same attention and service as before the GC changes.

I also noticed that 'free non-motorized water-sports' was now an official DM benefit. In the past, I think this was only extended during the time in the suite (when there still where suit upgrades for the first 3 days of a stay...). Now all the (non-motorized) water-sport activities where deducted from our invoice upon check out.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
redemption analysis

Anyone able to give a view on how redemptions will compare to other programs? Does not look very attractive to me compared to SGP.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 2:35 pm

Golden Circle Redemptions

Does anyone know if its possible to transfer points into the Golden Circle Program from other frequent flyer programs.
Seems quite restrictive if you can only earn by staying in their hotels, unlike SPG which allows transfers in.

(Sorry if this is a new subject)
Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:37 am
JRK
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rbbtour
Does anyone know if its possible to transfer points into the Golden Circle Program from other frequent flyer programs.
Seems quite restrictive if you can only earn by staying in their hotels, unlike SPG which allows transfers in.

(Sorry if this is a new subject)
To the best of my knowledge you can only transfer miles OUT to FFPs (1:1), but not trnsfer IN.
Old May 5, 2011, 3:57 am
JRK
Original Poster

Tanjun Aru and KL Shnagri-La

We had a wonderful trip to the Tanjun Aru and the KL Shangri-La over Easter, and I also had the opportunity to tour the facilities and different room types at the KL Traders. I was very impressed with all three properties. In terms of resort facilities the Tanjun Aru must now be one of the best equipped in the portfolio.

Overall the most impressive property was the KL Shangri-La. The Horizon lounge is very spacious and beautifully decorated. Whilst the view is better in PuDong, food and beverage offering and presentation are significantly ahead in KL. All staff was exceptionally kind and helpful and very consistently addressed us by name. Health Club and Sauna are also very impressive and the room was very beautifully furnished. The 2009 renovation of this property certainly paid off.

In terms of redemption value, Tanjun Aru in Cat "C" (2.000 points for suite upgrade) I think is a bargain given the new pool and slides and I think KLSL is rightly charged with the (currently) highest amount for a suite upgrade (4.500 points).
Old Jun 23, 2011, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Are there any ways to earn points for free? Surveys, etc? I received an email to sign up to the program and receive 500 points, but I see there is a minimum of 2,500 points needed to redeem for miles. Would love to grab a quick few airline miles if anyone knows of any good promos.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 7:29 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
july 1st-Sept 30 GC promo

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Are there any ways to earn points for free? Surveys, etc? I received an email to sign up to the program and receive 500 points, but I see there is a minimum of 2,500 points needed to redeem for miles. Would love to grab a quick few airline miles if anyone knows of any good promos.
there is a double point promo on now for a 3 month period.

I did stay at 2 properties in July, Huhot & Baotou. But the points did not post...
Oh well, must be a clever HK IT promo.

BTW, very nice properties, but rooms were abet dated, and limited front desk staff english.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 7:21 am

Programs: SKF, ROP, SPG, SL Golden Circle, Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriot
Just completed 2 nights stay at Kerry Center Shangri-la for 2 nights. This hotel is really dated, it's a such a far cry compared to Shangri-la in other cities that I have stayed.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 8:10 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by Dendrite
Just completed 2 nights stay at Kerry Center Shangri-la for 2 nights. This hotel is really dated, it's a such a far cry compared to Shangri-la in other cities that I have stayed.
Isnt this one brand new, just opening recently?
Old Jul 22, 2011, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by uanj
Isnt this one brand new, just opening recently?
I thought the same, maybe confused SH & BJ. The BJ one is abet old, but has great service & CBD location.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 1:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Worth it to go on a mattress run?

Recent double indulgence promotion

I had 6 nights and short of 4 nights to reach Jade

Worth it to go for a run for the Jade benefits?
Old Aug 2, 2011, 3:31 pm

Exclamation Jade ?

Originally Posted by tycosiao
Recent double indulgence promotion

I had 6 nights and short of 4 nights to reach Jade

Worth it to go for a run for the Jade benefits?
GC-If they post the nights & points... and the jade card at check in has value if you have a 2nd person with you & need an extra free breakfast . Do not expect much of an upgrade at Jade level, maybe a better window view room.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 8:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by Jiatong
GC-If they post the nights & points... and the jade card at check in has value if you have a 2nd person with you & need an extra free breakfast . Do not expect much of an upgrade at Jade level, maybe a better window view room.
You sound like they will NOT post the points. hahaha

Comparing this to SPG and hilton mid tier, GC Jade benefits seem limited. At least the tangible benefits.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by tycosiao

Comparing this to SPG and hilton mid tier, GC Jade benefits seem limited. At least the tangible benefits.
Shangri-la & SPG both have good web sites & properties in China.
But, IMO, The Marriott brands have the best mid tier benefits here. With Marriott Gold you have lounge access, & always 2 free breakfast. Not with SPG gold, but SPG has some good cash/points deals at low catergory type properties. No comment on Hilton, as they have diluted the HH points.

& about 3 out of 4 of my Shangri-la stays do post, just upset when they do not post. & they ignore the missing stay/points requests.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.