Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shangri-La Hotels: The NEW Golden Circle Program

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2014, 2:55 am

Is the 'must have a reservation' rule enforced and do these vouchers cover local taxes?
Old Jun 9, 2014, 9:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Has anyone managed to redeem a voucher for non-room awards at the Shangri-La in London?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:21 am

Airmiles 25% more

They currently have a promotion for airmiles conversion, you get 25% more. Maybe interessting for somebody. http://www.shangri-la.com/en/t/p/gc1404/

Although the conversion rate is pretty poor, 1for1. The food voucher are a much better deal, if you stay at a praticipating hotel.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA:EXP, GLD:A.Argen., Etihad; Turk SIL:UA, VS; HOT.GLD:ClubC, Loews, SPG; PL:Ritz, Hil, IHG, BtW., R
My Clue: Bad Translation from the Chinese

Originally Posted by tedhl
oh interesting, didn't know about this 1:1 conversion earlier. but now found it in the T&C...but in this sense then it's definitely less attractive than SPG ? SPG: USD 1 = 3 Starpoints (for Elite) = 3.75 miles (if you transfer 20k Starpoints = 25k miles)...while here it's USD 1 = 1.5 GC Points = 1.5 mile ? and, in SPG their definition of spending is slightly more generous ? not just F&B and Spa, but also telecom expenses etc ? I think similarly for Marriott too, but don't have the exact conversion off my head. and I think for SPG the minimum for earning points as a non-hotel-guest is USD 10 or so ? while it's USD 50 here...

I think the elite bonus doesn't apply now if you choose airline miles for a stay...the 25%/50% in the benefits table quite clearly say "GC Points" now, and the detailed table with 3 columns (Classic, Exec, Elite) of airline miles for each of the airlines have been changed into a single column now.

and, one question, on their press release, "Golden Circle is the only international loyalty programme that allows both staying and non-staying guests to earn and redeem Golden Circle Awards Points (GC Awards)" don't quite understand what this really means ? of course the "golden circle" program is the only one to earn/redeem "golden circle points" ? like SPG is the only program that allows members to earn and redeem Starpoints ?? or if it's the point about staying vs. non-staying, SPG also allows too (and more generously)...so, not quite sure what's this "only" point referring to ? any clue ?
Old Jul 4, 2014, 2:04 pm

Programs: Golden Circle, Skywards
How does one earn points for dining and drinks? I have an upcoming dinner at TĪNG at The Shard so would like to earn the points on the meal if possible (I don't have my card), I do presume that I can't earn status unless I stay at the Shangri-La Hotel?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Does anyone know that for for award night redemption, do you still have to pay taxes & fees that are listed as % of room rate? TIA.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:11 am
JRK
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, *G (ASIANA); GS DM, Hilton Gold
Reward Stay

Originally Posted by rdchen
Does anyone know that for for award night redemption, do you still have to pay taxes & fees that are listed as % of room rate? TIA.
No additional cost for reward stays. I had asked the same questions a few years back, comparing hotel rewards to airline rewards. It appears for hotels it is common that no additional taxes are charges. In any case, I can confirm form my SL rewards stays that no tax and fees are charged.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
Originally Posted by ringingup
Has anyone managed to redeem a voucher for non-room awards at the Shangri-La in London?
Redemptions opened on 1st of August. I had dinner at TING last night. You can do the points-to-voucher conversion online and bring a printout confirmation to the restaurant's reception desk. They'll exchange it for the voucher listing your currency equivalent available and they'll specify that it's only valid on the day. Remember: you can do the online conversion days ahead if you wish, but once you show up and request your voucher, that's only valid for the one day. (I think online conversions can be used within six months)

Afterwards, you can give the voucher when asking for the bill. I had a reservation from May, and I never specified that I had points to redeem. But I did include my Golden Circle number in a couple of email correspondence that I had with the restaurant and I could tell that when I showed up, my number was in the booking. If you haven't done that, you can do it on the day.

Originally Posted by StoobyDoo
How does one earn points for dining and drinks? I have an upcoming dinner at TĪNG at The Shard so would like to earn the points on the meal if possible (I don't have my card), I do presume that I can't earn status unless I stay at the Shangri-La Hotel?
I'm going to be keeping an eye on my account about this. I redeemed 1000 points last night on a non-room award, but also spent some money at the same time. I'll have to see if my spend will translate into GC points, regardless of whether you're staying with them or not.

Last edited by George K; Aug 11, 2014 at 2:23 pm
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, CC Gold
Originally Posted by George Kyriakos
I'm going to be keeping an eye on my account about this. I redeemed 1000 points last night on a non-room award, but also spent some money at the same time. I'll have to see if my spend will translate into GC points, regardless of whether you're staying with them or not.
I redeemed my 1000 points in May for f&b voucher and spent some money too and to my surprise the latest account summary showed that I had accrued 609 points. ^
Old Aug 14, 2014, 3:31 am

Any idea whether there's a chance to purchase points?
Old Aug 14, 2014, 7:33 am

Programs: Golden Circle, Skywards
Originally Posted by George Kyriakos
I asked while there, only got a form asking for room number which I didn't have so I couldn't claim points on dinner, the woman was unhelpful. Going to to ask Golden Circle CS whether you actually can earn on F&B even if you're not staying as while not the end of the world, it's slightly annoying
Old Aug 15, 2014, 7:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
Originally Posted by ghenu
I redeemed my 1000 points in May for f&b voucher and spent some money too and to my surprise the latest account summary showed that I had accrued 609 points. ^
Wow - sounds like a lot! What sort of spend did you do in terms of value (if you don't mind me asking!)?

I haven't had anything yet, but plan on calling them up in a week's time. The website clearly says that you can get GC points on all sorts of spend, regardless of stays, but the claim form unhelpfully is slaved to hotel stays.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Looks like Shangri-la Golden Circle points redemption for restaurant no longer has ($50)
minimum.
It can now be redeemed instantly, instead of through voucher.

http://www.instant-diningawards.com/en.html
Starting from 18 August 2014, your GC Award Points can be redeemed instantly with 10 GC Award Points covering every USD 1* of your bill. There’s no minimum point use and point redemption is as quick as paying the bill would have been. Just show us your GC membership card and we’ll take care of the rest.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 5:22 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Extra night needed for Diamond Level

Hi,

I will be staying at Traders Penang soon for 7 nights. I need 8 nights for Diamond, so will be 1 night short. If I were to book one night at either the Rasa Resort or the Golden Sands in Penang, whilst I was still 'staying' at the Traders, would it credit properly?

TIA
Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:51 am

Both my wife and I have problem logging into our accounts. Please check yours to see whether this is a system wide error.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.