Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Delta Hotels Promotions (Canada)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Hotels Promotions (Canada)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Delta Winter Sale

FYI....Delta Winter Sale-Offer valid until November 24, 2013

Expired

Last edited by Points Surfer; Dec 23, 2013 at 8:55 pm
Old Nov 21, 2013, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Points Surfer
FYI for Delta Privileges Members....fast track to status with 2x stay credits

Recognition, status and rewards are within reach and Delta Privilege members can get to the next level even faster.

For every qualifying * stay and night between November 15 and December 31, 2013, Delta Privilege members will earn DOUBLE stays/nights towards an upgraded membership. Book your stay to Double Up and be recognized and rewarded with the personal attention and preferences that transform a stay into an experience.

If you signed up as a new Delta Privileges member after the Nov 15 email offer went out it may be prudent to contact DP customer service and ensure they are tracking 2x stays on your new account.....existing accounts no problem but better to double check on new sign-ups to be sure.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Winter Limited Time Offer - Rates up to 35% off per night‏ From December 11, 2013 - Save as much as 35% at one of our participating 33 hotels across the country. Offer valid until December 15, 2013, for stays from December 11, 2013 to March 2, 2014.

Expired

Last edited by Points Surfer; Dec 30, 2013 at 6:24 pm
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Points Surfer. Good to see you still at posting all of the deals. I especially like the Kananaskis offering @ 25% off.

Any changes to the Delta Program next year?
Old Dec 12, 2013, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Points Surfer. Good to see you still at posting all of the deals. I especially like the Kananaskis offering @ 25% off.

Any changes to the Delta Program next year?
True its Rare to see Kananaskis at 25% off. Quebec City at 25% off over the holidays is a good deal...QC is a terrific place at Christmas time.

No changes to Delta Privileges that I am aware of and if they are smart they will leave as is because it works. Unless of course they want an enhancement and entertain cross-over benefits with Fairmont which would be on my wish list.

Last edited by Points Surfer; Dec 12, 2013 at 2:31 pm
Old Dec 21, 2013, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

FYI......Innvest Reit Hotels Promotion but of the Nine Delta's they own only Delta London is participating. Promotion is valid from December 1st – March 21, 2014

SHADES OF WINTER - BOOK TWO NIGHTS & GET 50% OFF YOUR 2ND
NIGHT

Example....Delta London Armouries . First Night $159 Second Night $80 Average $119

http://www.shadesofwinter.ca/

Participating Hotels
http://www.innvestreithotels.com/sit...ter%202013.pdf
Old Jan 3, 2014, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

FYI.....when checking rates between promotions check the Delta websaver page as it showing deals for Jan - March with savings from 15-25% depending on length of stay.

https://www.deltahotels.com/websaver

ie Kananaskis Fri-Sat Feb 7-9 starts at $170 websaver vs CAA $180 vs Best Available $199
Old Jan 5, 2014, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

FYI....For those new to Delta Hotels each location has local "Special Offers" on the Delta website that are worth looking into.

Example ( change search filed as needed )

https://www.deltahotels.com/special_...=&iata=&email=
Old Jan 6, 2014, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Earn Up to 3X Aeroplan Miles with Delta Hotels

Earn Up to 3X Aeroplan Miles....Book between January 1st, 2014 & March 31st, 2014 for stays to April 30, 2014.

Qualifying stays will earn bonus miles in addition to 250/500 base mile issuance.
- 2X for Delta/Mode rooms – (250 + 250 or 500 + 500).
- 3X for top tier rooms (Premier, Suite, Club) – (250 + 500 or 500 + 1,000) - Delta Privilege member complimentary upgrades are excluded and will earn 2X miles.

https://www.deltahotels.com/Pages/Up...ffer_131211_en
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Delta Privileges guts Plat+

FYI...Its Official... Delta Privileges Program has Bad news for the Plat + top tier status holder’s.

Sad really given what a unique incentive offering it was and it will cost Delta a lot of discretionary business and personal stays "because" they have just made Delta Privileges "just like the rest" and a competitive advantage is gone.

Official Statement

http://zd.deltahotels.com/html/b08p0...00000200k00a00

These changes to benefits will be effective for reservations made after February 28, 2014 for stays starting on or after March 1, 2014.

Key comments;

♦ Upgrades†† – Delta Privilege Platinum Plus+ members will be upgraded to the best available room type at time of check-in, including Signature Club and suites, based on availability.

Thoughts....BAD news !!.. the "Unlimited upgrades to best available room at time of reservation" is GONE?...a cornerstone of spending to achieve Plat+ so why bother doing the extra 10stays/20nights past Plat anymore? It is time to Reduce my investment to achieve Plat+ status since its just a Russian roulette check-in gamble for upgrades like other programs after March 1. Oddly enough, due to the new Aeroplan Black Distinction deal I will soon have the same check-in upgrade chance at a Fairmont (which I rarely stay at ) as with a Delta after sinking almost 40 nights into that program.

♦ Personalized choice of welcome snack or 250 Aeroplan miles** – Platinum Plus+ members now have the choice of a welcome snack or 250 Aeroplan miles for every stay.

Thoughts...Snacks have been good (up until now?) but a choice for more miles is ok. Should be 500 for Plat/Plat+

♦ Extended Check-out –PlatinumPlus+ members will still be able to enjoy extended check-outs to 4:00 p.m. (2 p.m. for resorts)

Thoughts….Was “Extended Checkout to 6:00 p.m. (3:00 p.m. Resorts)” and now all Delta Privileges members lose the 6/3pm option.

♦ Qualifying stays/rates – Effective January 15, 2014, there will be changes to the rate types that qualify for Delta Privilege status stays and Aeroplan miles. Please see chart in link:

Thoughts….I don’t know why they pick on AAA/CAA rates because they are not that low? Should be in the 500 Aeroplan mile category

Summary on Plat+….
Delta Privileges has decided to sacrifice the benefits of their most frequent and loyal guest’s and join the mediocrity of their competitors. As I’ve said before labelling anything a “Loyalty Program” is a deception as its only a benefit’s program. When the benefits stop, move on. Everywhere I stay with Delta there are alternate choices and now Delta has cast themselves as “just another hotel”.

Current Privileges Program
https://www.deltahotels.com/Delta-Pr...ember-Benefits

In my 2014 travel scenario, I see myself cutting discretionary Delta stays March 1 by 80% and shifting those to Starwood & Hilton for points and where I can use my benefits internationally unlike Delta’s Canada only coverage. So I will milk Plat+ for 2014 for what it has become and move on. The Delta London and Delta Charlottetown are the only one’s I will support now because of the people there, not the program.

Sign of the times as all once successful Marketing programs decline in benefits and the public migrates to “buy what you want” and “cash back” or "discounts up front" instead of resigning themselves to the stale fodder of diluted benefits from declining customer–vendor relationships.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Some Good news for aspiring Gold

FYI....Some Good news for aspiring Gold as reported by RewardsCanada

http://blog.rewardscanada.ca/2014/01...m-changes.html

Thoughts......Good news is you only need 10 nights not 20 for Gold, still 5 Stays.

♦ Upgrade to Gold – Now in as little as five stays* or 10 room nights, you can be upgraded to Gold and earn all the rewards of a Delta Privilege member, plus:

♦ $200 hotel credit to be used towards dining, guest rooms, meetings and events
♦ Two upgrades at time of check-in, based on availability
♦ Nightly turndown service (upon request)**
♦ Enhanced partnership savings and rewards with Avis

♦ Extended Check-out –This benefit is no longer available for Base members.

Old Jan 8, 2014, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Points Surfer
FYI...Its Official... Delta Privileges Program has Bad news for the Plat + top tier status holder’s.

Sad really given what a unique incentive offering it was and it will cost Delta a lot of discretionary business and personal stays "because" they have just made Delta Privileges "just like the rest" and a competitive advantage is gone.

Official Statement

http://zd.deltahotels.com/html/b08p0...00000200k00a00

These changes to benefits will be effective for reservations made after February 28, 2014 for stays starting on or after March 1, 2014.

Key comments;

♦ Upgrades†† – Delta Privilege Platinum Plus+ members will be upgraded to the best available room type at time of check-in, including Signature Club and suites, based on availability.

Thoughts....BAD news !!.. the "Unlimited upgrades to best available room at time of reservation" is GONE?...a cornerstone of spending to achieve Plat+ so why bother doing the extra 10stays/20nights past Plat anymore? It is time to Reduce my investment to achieve Plat+ status since its just a Russian roulette check-in gamble for upgrades like other programs after March 1. Oddly enough, due to the new Aeroplan Black Distinction deal I will soon have the same check-in upgrade chance at a Fairmont (which I rarely stay at ) as with a Delta after sinking almost 40 nights into that program.

♦ Personalized choice of welcome snack or 250 Aeroplan miles** – Platinum Plus+ members now have the choice of a welcome snack or 250 Aeroplan miles for every stay.

Thoughts...Snacks have been good (up until now?) but a choice for more miles is ok. Should be 500 for Plat/Plat+

♦ Extended Check-out –PlatinumPlus+ members will still be able to enjoy extended check-outs to 4:00 p.m. (2 p.m. for resorts)

Thoughts….Was “Extended Checkout to 6:00 p.m. (3:00 p.m. Resorts)” and now all Delta Privileges members lose the 6/3pm option.

♦ Qualifying stays/rates – Effective January 15, 2014, there will be changes to the rate types that qualify for Delta Privilege status stays and Aeroplan miles. Please see chart in link:

Thoughts….I don’t know why they pick on AAA/CAA rates because they are not that low? Should be in the 500 Aeroplan mile category

Summary on Plat+….
Delta Privileges has decided to sacrifice the benefits of their most frequent and loyal guest’s and join the mediocrity of their competitors. As I’ve said before labelling anything a “Loyalty Program” is a deception as its only a benefit’s program. When the benefits stop, move on. Everywhere I stay with Delta there are alternate choices and now Delta has cast themselves as “just another hotel”.

Current Privileges Program

In my 2014 travel scenario, I see myself cutting discretionary Delta stays March 1 by 80% and shifting those to Starwood & Hilton for points and where I can use my benefits internationally unlike Delta’s Canada only coverage. So I will milk Plat+ for 2014 for what it has become and move on. The Delta London and Delta Charlottetown are the only one’s I will support now because of the people there, not the program.

Sign of the times as all once successful Marketing programs decline in benefits and the public migrates to “buy what you want” and “cash back” or "discounts up front" instead of resigning themselves to the stale fodder of diluted benefits from declining customer–vendor relationships.

Update.....According to Delta Privileges.... Plat+ members have small concession that was not included in the membership email but I had to ask.

"With the changes to our program the room upgrade at time of booking will no long be a benefit for Platinum Plus member's for any reservations made after 02/28/14 for 03/01/14. However Platinum Plus members, (upon request) will be eligible for upgrade to best available room at time of reservation a maximum two times between March 1st - August, 2014.
"
The Breakfast and 500 base + 1000 bonus miles for Platinum Plus member's are not changing.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your past interest in this thread.

Thanks everyone for your past interest in this thread. Due to the March 1 2014 devaluations in the Delta Privileges Program and specifically Plat+ level I have lost motivation to support Delta Privileges as they push Plat+ members away so this is likely my last post here.

I personally feel the Delta Privileges Program has unfairly represented its offering as members dutifully earned Plat+ 2014 status through 2013 and a key incentive was suddenly denied after March 1 2014. At the very least it would have been ethical to honour this critical Plat+ 365 day benefit of “best available at reservation” through 2014 and let membership decide what was important to them in 2015. Clawing back earned benefits into the year you earned status doesn’t pass the sniff test so in good conscious I’m voting with my feet.

If you wish to still post promotions here its always been an open door.

Safe Travels
Old Jan 18, 2014, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Summary of the changes effective March 1 2014

https://www.deltahotels.com/Delta-Pr...r-Updates-2014

Vs Feb 28 2014

Old Feb 14, 2014, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Its interesting that given there are Delta people monitoring this thread that they have not posted any recent promotions/sales ? With 1100+ views since I stopped posting you would think Delta would have an interest in maintaining that resource to "their" customers. After all not everyone uses Facebook or Twitter and Flyertalk is used a lot. Oh well....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.