Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Delta Hotels Promotions (Canada)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Hotels Promotions (Canada)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2015, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Marriott Rewards status match from Delta Privileges

FYI....You may have to chase Marriott Rewards to get a status conversion from Delta Privileges

With absolutely no communication from Delta Hotels in regards to my Delta Privileges account I ended up chasing an answer on what happens to my status within Marriott Rewards. Bounced around a bit by Delta then finally after a few emails to helpful MR people I was fixed up. MR upgraded my existing no status MR account to MR Platinum from my Delta Platinum level.

Not the best merger into a new program but worked out in the end. So unless Delta or MR advised you already on a status match I'd chase MR and send along an image of your Delta Privileges card.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

FYI....as a Delta Privileges member and if you've wondered why Delta Privileges emails stopped in the Spring well it seems in the merge of programs your profile may have been changed to opt out of emails....seems like an IT quirk. Seems Delta Privileges also searched to see if you had a pre existing Marriott Rewards acct using the same DP email address and "assumed" you were getting relevant DP emails and your acct was automatically upgraded to match your DP status....obviously they missed a few people.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 5:34 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
status match...........not!

Originally Posted by Points Surfer
With absolutely no communication from Delta Hotels in regards to my Delta Privileges account I ended up chasing an answer on what happens to my status within Marriott Rewards. Bounced around a bit by Delta then finally after a few emails to helpful MR people I was fixed up. MR upgraded my existing no status MR account to MR Platinum from my Delta Platinum level.
Not the best merger into a new program but worked out in the end. So unless Delta or MR advised you already on a status match I'd chase MR and send along an image of your Delta Privileges card.
I chased after this information today with similar results. My Delta Gold converts to MR Silver i.e. not as good as the MR Gold which I get automatically via UA MP status.

After some prompting, the MR agent read the t's & c's i.e. it may not be necessary to scan an image of your Delta Privilege card.

I did not ask about the room upgrades and dining credits (mine were expired). Do these carry over for 2015-2016?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
I chased after this information today with similar results. My Delta Gold converts to MR Silver i.e. not as good as the MR Gold which I get automatically via UA MP status.

After some prompting, the MR agent read the t's & c's i.e. it may not be necessary to scan an image of your Delta Privilege card.

I did not ask about the room upgrades and dining credits (mine were expired). Do these carry over for 2015-2016?

According to the Marriott/Delta website they do for Delta Privileges Gold-Plat-Plat+ until end of Feb 2016

https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re...elta-hotels.mi

PS...No one ever asked for a copy of the card (nor required) but its been my experience with any status upgrade or challenge discussions over the years they go faster and smoother when I provide images of the cards/programs in question. MR changed me over without even a reply when I sent in my DP Plat card image... no discussion needed, nice and simple.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Platinum Offer

I guess this offer Delta/Marriott emailed today isn't too bad...10000 bonus Aeroplan miles (4 stays) for Plat potential vs 7500 bonus for the Public offering.

"As a valued Platinum Member, earn up to 10,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles!
This fall, Platinum Members who stay between September 3 and December 15, 2015 can earn up to 10,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles or a total of 12,000 Miles! "

"The Delta Exclusive Platinum Offer is available for booking and stays for Marriott Rewards Platinum members only between September 3 and December 15, 2015. Offer available to all Platinum members with an active Aeroplan membership number and to those who join the program during the promotional period"

https://www.deltahotels.com/Pages/Ae...num-Fall-Offer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.