Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Delta Hotels Promotions (Canada)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Hotels Promotions (Canada)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by youwillflynow
Hilton also recently made changes to their program but I was advised 1year ahead of time so I could decide if I wanted to maintain status. With Delta I was surprised with these changes when receiving my 2014 Status card. It feels like ... Thanks for staying with us last year sucker!!!

You are very correct, we can decide with our feet to stay at other hotels ... Just wish I would have known last year and not been treated like a fool
That's a major reason why hotels discreetly disclose changes prior to implementation. Fairmont lost me after the changes, but did end up showing me that other areas improved. Even comped me the status for a couple of years after the changes, and I ended up staying with Fairmont. For many years, my certificates were not always redeemed. Early qualification and Plat5 introduced gave me status more easily.

On paper the changes bite, but give it a go for awhile and report back what Delta is actually doing for you at hotel level.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
If you decide to do Hyatt, with your status with HHonors, and I'm sure with Delta, you can apply to do a Diamond Challenge. Hyatt will match you with Diamond Status right off the bat.
I like the Diamond up front idea...makes it workable to shape some US vacation travels around a 12 night goal like that and enjoy benefits along the way. On my radar now for Q3.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 8:34 am
Original Poster

If anyone wishes to voice their feedback to Delta on the Delta Privileges program or stays there are several avenues

https://www.facebook.com/deltahotels

Email: [email protected]

https://www.deltahotels.com/About-Delta/Contact-Us

Guest Relations
You talk. We listen. We want your stays at Delta Hotels and Resorts to be the best you have experienced anywhere. Our goal is to ensure complete satisfaction and earn your loyalty.

Only YOU can tell us if we've met your expectations. Your comments give us the information we need to improve and develop Delta Hotels' products and services.

You can share your impressions with us four different ways:

•Email us at [email protected]
•Post your comments on TripAdvisor
•Call us toll-free at 1‑800‑263‑8255
•Mail us at:
Delta Hotels and Resorts Guest Relations
77 King Street West
Suite 2300
Toronto, Ontario
M5K 1G8
Canada

Corporate Office
You can contact us in three different ways:

•Email us at [email protected]
•Call us at 416‑874‑2000
•Mail us at:
Delta Hotels and Resorts
77 King Street West
Suite 2300
Toronto, Ontario
M5K 1G8
Canada
Old Mar 15, 2014, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

FYI...not much around on status matches from Delta to other programs but one success story here if that's useful.

Delta Privilege Gold To Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles Elite (Match)
http://www.statusmatcher.com/company/21317
Old Mar 15, 2014, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

FYI....related article from "The Gate"

Poll Results: Trust in Frequent Travel Loyalty Programs is Important
http://www.flyertalk.com/the-gate/bl...important.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/the-gate/bl...valuation.html
Old Mar 16, 2014, 11:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Points Surfer
FYI...not much around on status matches from Delta to other programs but one success story here if that's useful.

Delta Privilege Gold To Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles Elite (Match)
http://www.statusmatcher.com/company/21317
With Hyatt, you could send proof of Delta elite membership and see what they say. I held Fairmont Platinum and asked for a status match/Diamond Challenge. Fairmont Platinum was not on the list of accepted hotels, but I was granted the Diamond Challenge. Definitely, there is room for exceptions made with Hyatt if you are serious on wanting to give it a try.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

With Hyatt, you could send proof of Delta elite membership and see what they say. I held Fairmont Platinum and asked for a status match/Diamond Challenge. Fairmont Platinum was not on the list of accepted hotels, but I was granted the Diamond Challenge. Definitely, there is room for exceptions made with Hyatt if you are serious on wanting to give it a try.
Myself I'm waiting for after June as suggested for a Hyatt 90 day challenge attempt but it would be interesting to hear if anyone had success elsewhere like from Delta to SPG, Hilton, etc....Best Western & Carlson matches are known to be easy from other programs and likely IHG too. SPG, Hilton, Marriot tough and likely a challenge.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

FYI....to live like a Plat+ without the deep investment if you watch the Delta promotions you can sometimes "buy" your upgrade at time of booking.

Example ....Delta London, base room $88 or book Club for $126 on Last Minute Escapes for April 2.....why gamble on a check-in upgrade if you can book it. Downside is that its random but it you want it you can find it. Delta's loss to the Hilton or Four Points when I can't find my rate.

Just an experiment I have going to only stay Delta when I see the room I like for the price I like to offset the Plat + benefit claw-back.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 7:12 pm
Suspended

Myself I'm waiting for after June as suggested for a Hyatt 90 day challenge attempt but it would be interesting to hear if anyone had success elsewhere like from Delta to SPG, Hilton, etc....Best Western & Carlson matches are known to be easy from other programs and likely IHG too. SPG, Hilton, Marriot tough and likely a challenge.
The Challenge is 12 completed nights in 60 days.

I don't blame you for patroning Delta. May as well pay the premium in the stays that are essential. Doing mattress runs for status just doesn't make sense, plus there is still great satisfaction in a Delta product. Just means quite a bit less business for Delta.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

The Challenge is 12 completed nights in 60 days.

I don't blame you for patroning Delta. May as well pay the premium in the stays that are essential. Doing mattress runs for status just doesn't make sense, plus there is still great satisfaction in a Delta product. Just means quite a bit less business for Delta.
You get used to some places on a first name basis where you know service is good, with or without status and a few enjoyable stays can't hurt the plan ....might as well grab the 1500 aeroplan miles while I still have plat+ lol

Ok 60 for Hyatt....used to the 90 day deals. A few planned road trips might net 12 in 60 but even 5 stays for Plat isn't bad as an alternate program.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 11:08 pm
Suspended

You get used to some places on a first name basis where you know service is good, with or without status and a few enjoyable stays can't hurt the plan ....might as well grab the 1500 aeroplan miles while I still have plat+ lol

Ok 60 for Hyatt....used to the 90 day deals. A few planned road trips might net 12 in 60 but even 5 stays for Plat isn't bad as an alternate program.
I know what you mean. I frequent a few Fairmonts, and really don't care about the rest. Heck, if it was just Banff Springs Hotel for the rest of my life, I'll be great with that plan.^

There is some incentives with current status. What's the use of status if you don't use it. I find that it takes a few years to peter a chain out of the system.

Nowadays, I go where I want to go, and minimize stays for the purpose of attaining status so not to be disappointed. We go where the best incentives take us.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Nowadays, I go where I want to go, and minimize stays for the purpose of attaining status so not to be disappointed. We go where the best incentives take us.
Absolutely ! Well said by the way

My personal goal is Travel Autonomy ie Best Stay regardless of status/programs....but its an evolving mix currently. I find when I remove personal stays out of the equation then status has less value.

Ditto to Fairmont Banff Springs....I could retire there and never leave.
Apparently some spirit's like that idea too lol.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 7:44 pm
Suspended

Absolutely ! Well said by the way

My personal goal is Travel Autonomy ie Best Stay regardless of status/programs....but its an evolving mix currently. I find when I remove personal stays out of the equation then status has less value.

Ditto to Fairmont Banff Springs....I could retire there and never leave.
Apparently some spirit's like that idea too lol.
Places I've visited without a loyalty program, I go owner direct for condo quasi service and was able to score some really good deals. Places like Trump Waikiki where I get 75% off retail and get the amenities of full service hotel, as an example will always be there, when loyalty programs fail.

I even booked for $100 per night, Christmas break 2,100 sq ft, 3 bed 2 bath, granite counters, etc. there are always options..
Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

FYI....My experiment to "buy" my Delta Plat+ upgrades rather than wait for check-in roulette after March 1 has not worked out well YTD.

Despite several Delta promotions rates for preferred rooms are still to high 100% of the time for my "buy my Plat+ upgrades" theory....if I can't buy it nearby Hilton/Starwood properties ended up being a better deal so net loss for Delta for killing that Plat+ benefit. Too bad, in most cases Delta was preferred hotel.
Old May 15, 2014, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Delta Hotels and Resorts launches brand campaign

Delta Hotels and Resorts launches brand campaign inviting Canadians to 'Expect Even More'........."We're returning to the market and challenging people to see Delta in a new way," says Charles McKee, Vice President of Marketing for Delta Hotels and Resorts. "We know that choosing a hotel brand is driven far more by emotions. There's a huge void in the marketplace that we can fill with our genuine Canadian hospitality and personalized attention. Delta intends to become the leading Canadian hotel brand, not just the largest, by surpassing the expectations of our guests, owners and colleagues."

https://www.deltahotels.com/Media-Ce...pect-Even-More

In 2013 I might have believed that. In 2014 not so much. The huge void in the Delta high volume marketplace was created by Delta itself with the Plat+ 2014 claw-backs on a key benefit earned in 2013. As we "emotional" consumers took it personally it will take more than shiny new room's and buildings or marketing spin words to regain that trust. Reinstating the Plat+ benefit that was cut would be a start.

"In the coming months, guests can expect even more as Delta introduces new programs and services, such as a refreshed loyalty program and a mobile app that will act as a virtual concierge"

FT is full of "new & improved" customer incentive programs that were upsold devaluations so expectations should be low given recent Delta Privileges indicators. Things like this rarely end up a gain for all customer's and I suspect Delta may value future low volume customers over high volume customers and slant the program that way. Time will tell and maybe in future there will be something positive to post here. They sure made me "see Delta in a new way" so far this year.

Last edited by Points Surfer; May 20, 2014 at 11:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.